OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Which addon is responsible for this feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Which addon is responsible for this feature?

Question: Which addon is responsible for this feature? I can't get rid of it, since there is no indication anywhere that I can find as to which addon is presenting this thing.

At first, I thought it was my Carbonite addon. That thing is in the exact location that Carbonite puts its "Quest Watch" thing. But, I disabled all the Quest Watch options in Carbonite, then completely disabled the Carbonite addon from loading and the "Objectives" thing is still on my screen, even after I reset the UI twice.

Then, I thought it might be Zygor, so I disabled it too, but the "Objectives" thing is still on my screen. I reset the UI twice, but it's still there.

I disabled ALL addons (and had only Blizzard's interface), but even after turning off everything related to Blizzard's tracking of "Objectives," the damned thing is still on my screen. Geeesh!

Who does it belong to and how do I eliminate it? As long as I'm using Zygor for my questing, etc., I do not want or need that thing. It has no controls... it does nothing except take up space.

Here are two screen shots; one is about Carbonite and the other is about Blizzard, itself.

Could it be related to Zygor, even though Zygor isn't loaded? I'm very confused and will appreciate it if somebody knows who that thing belongs to and how to get rid of it.

carbonite and quest watch tool.jpg

blizzards objectives is turned off.jpg

Have you highlighted the quest in the quest log and unticked Tracking?

Comment

Thanks for replying. But, no... I haven't done that. I never thought of it. I'm still wondering which addon puts it there, and why it's so difficult to get rid of it without knowing where it came from.

By the way, "who's" quest log? Carbonite's, Zygor's, Blizzard's. Do you see what I mean?

Comment

That belongs to the Blizzard UI, it's not an addon. Turning off the tracking and stuff in the normal Blizzard Interface options only keeps it from tracking new quests. You want to make sure you go into your quest log and stop tracking any existing quests that might be tracked and then it should get rid of that.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks Cabby. That solves it. It's a shame that they didn't have the common sense to add an option to "stop all tracking" somewhere in their UI options! There are thousands of potential things that can be tracked, and to find one specific one is absurd! The least they could have done was allow users to find the ones being tracked by some sort of method instead of hunting through all of them. Oh, well. Typical Blizzard.

I appreciate your reply, and toltec's too! THANKS!

Comment

You can find which ones are being tracked fairly easily, but since you're using Carbonite and seldom use the Blizzard map it probably would have been more of a chore for you to figure it out that way.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X