Gear upgrade suggestions are on the fritz again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear upgrade suggestions are on the fritz again

Gear upgrade suggestions is not currently working. I think is was the bounty upgrade that zapped it.

When I open suggestions in the "C" window, nothing is filled out and WoW pops up a message box that informs me that there are so many lua errors that I'd better disable addons, if I want to be able to continue playing.

Level 20 F2P account with good, but not quite optimal gear. Still haven't gotten some of the gear that was suggested before the bug.
    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

No problems here with level 15 and level 90 Alliance and level 28 Horde characters, guide version 7565 and German WoW client.
    Did you try with all addons but the Zygor addon disabled?

To get more informational error messages you can install BugGrabber and BugSack (or Swatter which is part of Auctioneer and Gatherer but can be installed alone if you only extract the !Swatter folder to the WoW addons folder).

Comment

It's possible that being on the F2P account and being max level for that (I believe 20 is max on the free trial accounts) that this could be causing a problem.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The only addon I updated when it went on the fritz, was the guides. So no, I haven't tried disabling the others.
        F2P and max. level previously has had no effect. And I should know, as I have "quite a few" level 20 by now.

The suggestions that I put on new and better gear I just won still works just fine. Of course I just ignore them when I'm fishing (gotta get that fishing hat - no eye patch for the horde toons). Hmm, perhaps the guide could check if my gearset is "Fishing"?
        QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.

Comment

OK, disabled all other addons. Problem still there.

Also undeleted some older versions of the guides. Problem present at least from 4.0.7537 onwards (7549, 7560 and 7565).

For completeness, the problem is also present for lower level toons
          QQ

Comment

Arrgh!
            I'm a way-back customer and hadn't noticed that there actually is a "dungeons and gear guide". My problem is in the good old "leveling guide".

My bad! Move this thread to the correct forum ???????
            QQ

Comment

Oh, I'm not paying attention. You said when you look you get an error message and get prompted to disable the addon. This is probably the Blizzard bug that you're experiencing that affects a lot of different addons. This is a bug we're all waiting for Blizzard to fix but of course since it doesn't affect the game when there are no addons they don't consider it to be a priority. Word is that it's fixed on PTR so hopefully it will be put onto the live servers soon.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Figures

Well, luckily it's no problem for me, as I know exactly what I'm going for.
                QQ

Comment

Working...
                X