No announcement yet.

Cooking (1-600 Cooking, Leveling guide) - Steps mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I blame that on Chaos. Since he stopped posting up all the different patch notes and dev stuff I find I'm really out of the loop.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Way of the Steamer - Zygor's Ingredients aren't correct

This issue is now happening with the Way of the Steamer. Zygor's list of ingredients do not match what the recipe shows in the Cooking window.

EDITED: I forgot to add the screenshot which shows the step it should have gone to.

Way of the Steamer ingredients list.jpg
      Banquet of the Steamer step 408.jpg
      Last edited by kreelor; November 29, 2013, 11:30 AM. Reason: Added screenshot of the step it should have gone to

Comment

If you ran the Updater then it would have removed the fix you put in for the bad labels. Try making sure those bad labels are fixed and see if that takes care of the bad re-direct for you.

Comment

The files match.
          (see picture which shows that the file in use during the game is identical to the one I got from you, via e-mail).
          [Note: I'm using Notepad++ to compare the two files.]

I'm thinking that the current error I'm getting with Zygor's cooking step is caused by the fact that the "fixes" applied to the previous problem related only to scallions; "scal"lions, and not to the wildfowl breasts or jade squash ingredients required in the new step (to create a Banquet of the Steamer). So, if I'm correct, new code changes need to be made for other Banquet-type steps, like the one I'm having a problem with now.

Zygor-documents-compared_files-match.jpg

Comment

I'd need to level Way of the Grill on my character to check what exactly happens. Because of the enormous amount of steps, options and includes it's difficult to follow the guide in a text editor.

I (and Cabby) thought fixing the labels would fix your problem because it looked like the guide simply stopped at step 400 because of the false jump labels.
            I'l see if I can find out more tomorrow, I should have enough ingredients to get to the point where the banquets need to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              ....I should have enough ingredients to get to the point where the banquets need to be made.
              I'd send you tons of my leftover ingredients for those Banquet steps, but I doubt we are on the same realm. Sorry. I know how time-consuming it is, especially after having done some of the steps more than once due to the confusion. I wasted lots of stuff, but I still have a significant amount of left-overs. Sorry I can't help you. I wish I could.

Comment

This is becoming a nightmare

Something seems way out of whack with this guide. Maybe somebody can explain what I'm apparently missing or misunderstanding. I don't really think it's me, but rather the guide which is causing me the confusion.

Here are a few annotated screen shots showing the progression during my cooking experience.

First screen shot shows that I have more than enough ingredients (with the exception of Soy Sauce, since Zygor never mentioned it, I forgot to get it!).

something is wrong with this step.jpg

The following image shows that Zygor is telling me to acquire more ingredients to cook the remaining four dishes, even though I have them (and, Zygor knew that in the preceding steps). The only thing I truly need at this point is 4 more Soy Sauces.

extremely confusing info.jpg

Finally, there's this comment. It's incorrect. It says that I have already cooked 5 of those dishes even though I cooked only one of them.

Says I created 5 instead of only 1.jpg

These issues are mind-boggling!

It's taking me longer to figure out this mess than anything else I've ever done in the game. It makes no sense to me, so please let me know if there's something I'm missing in following these particular "guides."

Comment

For the guide telling you to get more ingredients, all AH steps are setup to get a specific amount of ingredients and the AH steps are not interconnected at all with the later steps to know how many items you might have already created. No matter how many banquets you might create that AH step will always want you to get those number of ingredients. So if you went back in steps for something after you knew you had all the ingredients needed (except 1) then you just ignore anything not related to the 1 ingredient you are looking for.

That last picture is just a simple typo. You have to not take everything so literally.

Comment

Working...
                  X