X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking (1-600 Cooking, Leveling guide) - Steps mismatch

Alliance,
    "Way of the Wok"

Steps seem to be mismatched with the objectives. First, I chose "Way of the Wok," but when I followed the guide's suggestion, it directed me to "Create 5 Banquets of the Oven," and not "Banquet of the Wok."

You can see in the following step (greyed-out at this point) that I was actually supposed to get the "Way of the Wok 600" result.
    Way of Wok or Oven.jpg

We had a wrong spellID number in there that was shooting the wrong name out. It's since been fixed. Thanks for the heads up, and let me know if you find anything else.

Comment

Sorry, but here's another one

I ran across this tonight. It's a similar problem to the previous one I had.

This one relates to "The Way of the Grill." I'll let the picture tell the story, since it will take less typing. I tried several times to go backwards in the steps and start them again, but it always ended up the way you see it. Let me know if it isn't clear, and I'll provide more info.

Note: I'm using guide 4.0.7565 & Alliance.

way of the grill steps.jpg

Comment

I can't find anything in the guide files that would cause this. I'm thinking possibly a corrupted savedvariables file is at fault here. Please try exiting WoW, go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there. This will do a complete guide reset and should get this to go to the proper step when you select Way of the Grill.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, I did as you suggested. I didn't want to because now I have to reset profiles on every one of my many chars.

Anyway, here is the result after I deleted the files from my WTF/User.... Zygor section and restarted the game. I went right back to where I was trying to have the guide "guide" me to the next step for "Way of the Grill." It didn't work as expected (again).

If I'm misunderstanding the process (you said your crew understands how it works), then please tell me why my expectations for this kind of issue are wrong. I will apologize very humbly if I've been expecting too much.

This is where I chose what I wanted the guide to take me to:
          way of the grill step 262.jpg

This is where it took me:
          way of the grill step 400.jpg

Comment

I tried the guide on one of my characters and it skipped correctly to the way of the grill guide starting at step 421.
            But when I clicked through the guide (with CTRL+ALT+click) to see what step 400 is I found an error at step 399. It tries to jump to a step label "farmscal" which does not exist. The next labeled step is named "farm". There's also a second apparently wrong label in step 399, "killscal", step 403 has the label "kill".

Mabe in you case with your profession status these false labels caused the guide to jump to or stop at step 400 and in my case (with no cooking 600 but no mastery reached) it goes to the correct step.

Here's how the guide on my char skips through.
            Step 1, informational step, klicking leads to step 2 which redirects to step 504.
            This step allows me to click to go back to a mastery. Clicking that line leads to step 262 (the one on the first picture).
            Clicking "way of the grill" leads to step 421, which directs me to 422 (learn Charbroiled Tiger Steak).
            Guide version is 7565.

Kreelor, until this is fixed you can directly go to step 422 by holding CTRL and ALT pressed and pressing the next step button from step 400 until you reach step 422. If you assigned a key to the next step function (standard WoW keybindings, section Zygor Guide) you can also hold CTRL and ALT and use this key.

Comment

Kreelor, please check your email associated with your account. I am going to send you a file that has those labels fixed to see if that makes any difference for what you're seeing when trying to get to the Way of the Grill section.

Comment

Cabby, I received what you sent, but instead copying it to the location, I simply changed the text for the labels that Cartman mentioned, since there were only 2 of them to change. I have no idea what it was supposed to do, so it's hard to tell if it worked as intended. Yesterday, while I was still struggling with that problem guide step, I used up all my materials trying to level it up to 600. But, it "greyed-out" on 576/600 and wouldn't allow creating any more of those unnecessary "Eternal Blossom Fish" items. They were NOT what I was supposed to be working on, but I didn't know that until today.

Unlike Cartman, I wasn't needing to create "Charbroiled Tiger Steaks." I had already learned that in the past. My objective was as follows:

I found the cause and a solution to the problem.
                The cause of the problem is that the Zygor guide never directed me to go "Talk with Kol Ironpaw - Master of the Grill" and learn from him the Mastery Cooking Way called "Banquet of the Grill." That's the one I should have been working on, but it didn't dawn on me that it wasn't offered like all the other ones. I wasted lots of expensive materials trying to level to 600 because the guide had me following the wrong recipe.

I'm pretty certain that I didn't "overlook" or "miss" the guide step that told me to talk with Kol Ironpaw. I ran backwards and forward through those guide steps many times, but it never once landed on the step I needed. I had to find it by mistake (manually).

Kol_Ironpaw-learn-Banquet-of-the-Grill.jpg
                Cooking-Banquet-of-the-Grill_Step-448.jpg

Comment

Cartman, thank you for offering all the valuable information! I used what you suggested and also learned more about how the lua is configured. Up until using the <Ctrl>/<Alt> method, I had tried changing the Zygor setting to allow me to single-step through the steps, instead of the default 'fast-forwarding.'

It appears you were directing me to the Charbroiled Tiger Steak recipe and cooking step, but I was (supposed) to have been working on the Mastery 'Way of the Grill' by cooking Banquets, since I was already 600/600 in cooking profession.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Kreelor, if you could just test with those label changes in place, go to the step 262 and click on the Way of the Grill to see if it takes you to the right section (422+) or if it sends you to that wrong step (400) again.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      Kreelor, if you could just test with those label changes in place, go to the step 262 and click on the Way of the Grill to see if it takes you to the right section (422+) or if it sends you to that wrong step (400) again.
                      I used the <Ctrl><Alt> method to find Step 422.

Mastery, Way of the Grill
                      Step 422 is "Talk to Kol Ironpaw and Learn Charbroiled Tiger Steak." Mine is green, since I completed that one days ago.

Starting again on Step 262, I clicked on Way of the Grill. It took me to Step 448 "Go to Stormwind City and buy... [all the ingredients on the list it shows]." I guess it's waiting for me to acquire every item on the list before it continues?

So, I right-clicked on the step arrow and it took me to Step 460 so that I could cook 5 Banquets of the Grill. That's the way it's supposed to work. But, like I said before, it probably won't do that if users haven't already learned the Banquet of the Grill from Kol Ironpaw. It's working for me now, since I had to go learn it from him manually.

Does this help?

Comment

Yes, since it now took you to the Way of the Grill section that means that it was those bad labels that was causing it to route you to that wrong step. This just helps to confirm that the label fix will make sure others don't get sent to step 400 when they should be going elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                          It appears you were directing me to the Charbroiled Tiger Steak recipe and cooking step, but I was (supposed) to have been working on the Mastery 'Way of the Grill' by cooking Banquets, since I was already 600/600 in cooking profession.
                          When starting a cooking mastery you still need these easy recipes like the Tiger Steak to raise you mastery skill to 576. Then you are able to get the recipe for the banquet.
                          It's pretty confusing as the mastery skill level has nothing to do with the cooking skill level in general.
                          The character I tested this has cooking 600 but all the masteries at 535, probably because I did not raise cooking to 600 by actually cooking but by doing the cooking profession quest at the Darkmoon Faire every month.
                          In your case if you skipped to the step I mentioned the Tiger Steak steps should have been green (and the next recipe's steps) and the guide should skip to the banquet steps if you rightclick the next step button.

I know why I only have one character that has all the masteries.
                          And beware of the Noodle Cart quest chain, the amount of needed ingredients is pure horror...
                          BTW Cabby, I think there's no Noodle Cart guide at the moment. Is this planned? It only requires visiting normal 5 man versions of Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery

Comment

First time I've heard of the Noodle Cart, but I haven't been playing a lot of WoW lately.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                              First time I've heard of the Noodle Cart, but I haven't been playing a lot of WoW lately.
                              Gasp, y u no patch notes?? http://www.wowhead.com/news=219437/w...es#professions

Heheh.
                              A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

Working...
                              X