Leveling a Weed Picker & a Miner - Same Toon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling a Weed Picker & a Miner - Same Toon

Do you have any suggestions for leveling Herbalism and Mining at the same time on the same toons? (I checked the first page but didn't look on older threads.)

It must be pretty common -- at this point in WoW's life -- to have an alt that is mainly a farmer. Sure would be nice to have a guide that helped level both professions at the same time.

Just checkin'

It depends on whether you level your character with both profressions or want to level both after reching a much higher level.

First and most important: you need really big bags. If you have a level 90 taylor that can make the 28 space bags you should create at least 2 for the new character.

Leveling mining while leveling a character is not a big problem, just get one or two Thermal Anvils from an Engineer or off the AH. If you smelt ores you find directly you won't have bigger problems.

Herbalism is much more difficult while leveling. If you have full heirlooms, do dungeons or immediately skip to the next zone when outleveling a guide section you will run into the problem that your herbalism skill is not high enough in a new zone you enter.
    Here's an overview of zone levels and herbalism levels. In case you need to back to get some herbalism points:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Herbs_by_area

Comment

I left out some of the details. I leveled the toon with R-a-F so he never had time to gather as he leveled. Now he's level 90 and I'm going back through trying to level mining and herbalism AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME TOON. That's where I was trying to figure out how to use the Zygor profession guide, but it almost always wants me to level (for instance) mining in a different zone than the herbalism guide wants me to be in.

It would be really handy if there was a combined "farmer" guide that would give up a little bit of individual efficiency by going to zones with routes that would be herbing and mining at the same level. See what I mean?

Comment

OK, I see.
        The problem is, that the paths and zones differ a little for herbalism and mining.
        There are zones with many ore deposits but less flowers. Or many flowers and less ore.

I'd suggest you use the herbalism guide, get some Thermal Anvils, gather flowers and all ores you come across and smelt the ores as long as they are at least green.
        Oh, and get the 280% flying skill if you don't have it already, it will save you a lot of time.

Comment

One thing that came into my mind when you level herbalism and mining with a level 90:
          You can level both in Pandaria. Blizzard removed the skill requirements of flowers and ore, the only drawback is that you don't always get a complete flower or ore, you get some particles of which you can convert 10 into one flower / ore.

And I found a guide for leveling both professions simultaneously:
          http://www.tarouwowguides.com/mop-mi...el-mining-herb

Comment

Yeah, you can turn on mineral and herb tracking and find both in good numbers in Four Winds and go from 1-600 right there.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I didn't want to level in Pandaria because I want to use the mats to level professions on another toon. But I found out that once I got to Cata mats either mining or weeding guides worked pretty well for either profession. It was in the lower levels that I had trouble.

BTW, the idea that you entirely skip mithril and go from iron to thorium is not all that good an idea -- which the guide suggests. The last few points of iron before you can pluck thorium take a long time. I suggest you add a mithril bridge. I went to searing gorge and found plenty of mithril and the appropriate herbing at the same time.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the problem with leveling mining. (At least I assume that's what you fixed in a recent patch.) The idea of skipping mithril was not working all that great for me.

Comment

I believe that was what was recently fixed.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                  X