Off Topic -- Killing 3 spirts - How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic -- Killing 3 spirts - How?

I'm posting this here since the problem I'm having isn't a Zygor problem -- it's me having a problem. I've managed to get this far, but cannot begin to figure out how I'm supposed to complete this quest. It's one quest with 3 parts. Each part is to kill a separate Spirit, but I can't even kill the 1st one! Tired of dying and walking a million miles back to my body over and over. Any clues that might help me manage this quest, please?

Alliance
    Kun-Lai Summit (87-88)
    Leveling Guide, Step 166
    "Talk to Xuen", then kill the spirits, one at a time.

If this question is out of line with the forums, I'll understand. I just figured that I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is. My char is an apparently weak level 90 Mage. I don't see any way to bypass this quest, else I would have.

Talk to Xuen then die repeatedly.jpg

For me Mage was the most painful character to level through Pandaria, especially because I made the mistake to level him to 90 as my first character...

The easiest way to do this quest is to ask someone to help you. You are not phased while doing this and if you see someone else do this quest you can also help him and I think you can even complete your quest without being in a group with him (I'm not 100% sure, look at the color of the health bar of the mob, if it's grey it may not count for you - but helping others often leads to them help you afterwards).

What to do as a mage depends on your spec.
    Most important is to keep away from those AOE things. if you see a cast bar or ground effect: move. Or blink.
    Use everything to keep the shadows away from you. Frost nova or anything that slows them down.
    Here are some general hints on each of the 3 fights:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31394#comments:id=1725127

Comment

Yeah, I've done this with 3 different toons and as Cartman says keeping away from them works best if you can't self heal at all. Doing this with my pally wasn't too bad but I still had to lower my dps in order to keep healing myself to stay alive. The priest was surprisingly easy due to all the healing I could keep doing but I still had to keep trying to maintain some distance to reduce the incoming damage. And my hunter wasn't too bad because I was using a spirit beast pet that did healing on me if needed and I was constantly maintaining a mend pet on the pet. When I did it the first time on the pally right after I finished (I did die once or twice while I was learning how much healing I needed to do) there was a warrior that came in to do it. He didn't even get the first spirit to half health before he dropped so after I rezzed him I helped him to fight the spirits and that seemed to work fine and I know he was grateful because you can only use 1 potion during the fight. So definitely look for help with that if you can. If in a guild you should be able to easily find some help to get past this. And you do need this to open the gate for Eternal Blossoms if I remember correctly.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The only char I've had a problem with was my rogue. Finally had someone else wander through and got an assist. Had no problems at all on my DK, Hunter, Warrior, or Paladin. It was the same when I was working the Temple of the Red Crane stuff in Krasarang -- half a day and 100g for repairs on my rogue, 5 minutes on the remaining toons.

Comment

Plate and pet classes in general have much less trouble leveling in Pandaria.
          Shadow Priest has his shield, Enhancement Shaman has quite good healing capabilities.
          The only problematic classes for me were Mage and Balance Druid. With leveling equipment those are the classes with the lowest DPS (fresh level 90 with Dread Wastes equipment and both did less than 20K DPS while Warrior at level 85 with itemlevel 372 equip already did 20-30K DPS).
          Rogue was not a big problem when I was able to keep this healing thing running.

Comment

I've only done this quest on Beastmaster Hunter, Affliction Warlock and Assassination Rogue and didn't have any problems. As you say, pet classes can cope pretty well, even the Warlock. My Rogue was fine with Recuperation ticking over.

Not looking forward to having to do this on my Balance Druid or Mage

As for the Temple of the Red Crane - I'm wondering if they might have nerfed it. It certainly seems easier now than the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              As for the Temple of the Red Crane - I'm wondering if they might have nerfed it. It certainly seems easier now than the first time.
              I think it's only luck, sometimes Anduin does his job, sometimes not...

Comment

Working...
              X