Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters with or without Enchanting profession

I'm wondering why this works this way.

(Char 1)- I have one char with the Enchanting profession, and with it the guide offers me the option to go farming for Hypnotic Dust by collecting armors in a dungeon to disenchant them.

(Char 2)- I have another higher-level char I want to use to run the dungeon to collect the armors and send them to my other char, since this one doesn't have the Enchanting profession. I'm only hoping that some of the armors that drop are not soulbound, so that I can send them via mail to the first char.

But... the guide for Char 2 (which doesn't have the Enchanting profession) doesn't offer the option to "go farming for them myself," instead of buying them at the AH. I'm wondering why it doesn't. These two pictures show the difference between the two char's, each one using the same guide. I tried backing up in the steps to see if the option to 'farm' them appeared earlier, but I didn't find it. I don't how Char 1 got that option while Char 2 didn't get it.

The one on the left is the char with Enchanting.
    char-with-enchanting-prof.jpgchar-without-enchanting-prof.jpg

Character 2 doesn't have that option because his enchanting skill isn't high enough to disenchant the items.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Okay. But, to my way of thinking, it shouldn't matter. He should be able to pick them up, profession or not. They are still "Bind on Equip" items which can be 'farmed.' I finally figured out how to get into the dungeon. I spent over an hour drowning underwater, looking for the entrance. Nowhere did it say (clearly) that the silly place was high up in the clouds! Geesh. Anyway, I did gather about 5 armors from killing the guys in the dungeon with my Char 2 (lvl 90 Mage). I would have gathered more, but I don't know how to get to the other two dungeon platform areas. There's no path and I couldn't fly. I sent the ones I collected to my Char 1, and he disenchanted them. Based upon that, it seems to me that it -is- possible to 'farm' with a char that doesn't have the Enchanting profession. Just thought I'd mention it. I tried killing the first guy I saw while using my Char 1 (he's only a level 85 Hunter) and I got mobbed and died immediately. So, I abandoned trying to use him. I'm sure the rest of you could kill 'em all easily with a level 80 char, but I'm an old lamer! LOL

Thanks for replying.

Comment

You are right in that he can still pick them up to send over to your Enchanting toon. My answer was simply to respond to why the 2nd character didn't see the farming option in the Enchanting guide. The guides are designed for someone to work with one toon and not be required to have multiple toons. As such, the farming steps will only be visible to toons that have the corresponding profession skill.

It's the same thing if you have one toon that has mining skill and you're working on another toon that has blacksmithing skill. The toon working the blacksmithing won't see anything to prompt him to go farming (mining) if he doesn't have the appropriate mining skill level. It's still possible for the mining toon to go farm everything that the blacksmith needs without the blacksmith seeing the farming steps.

Comment

I understand what you just said; the guides don't work that way.

But, when you said:
          "The guides are designed for someone to work with one toon and not be required to have multiple toons."
          ... I don't think "required" would be the appropriate term, if there was a simple hint about users with higher level chars farming them and sending them back for the Enchanter to use.

Using a level 85 character (playing solo) in that area is kinda' taking away from the "fastest leveling possible" claim. At least in my case it would have taken much longer, with much more difficulty, to gather the same few items. Those guys in that dungeon attack in groups, and my little Hunter doesn't fair too well in close combat with that many. The mention of an option would have helped lamers like me to be aware of such an alternative, if they had a higher level char (and, didn't already have the common sense to think about it). It would have prevented me from pursuing this entire topic, and wasting your time. But, now I know. Thanks again, Cabby. You explained it very well. I'll call this topic 'done.'

Comment

Just to note, most people will level to max first and then go back and work professions. This is normally the easiest and fastest way to work professions. Anyone that has tried to do it while leveling and also after reaching max level will be able to testify that getting max level first then going back to do professions is the fastest way to do it. Just something for you to think about.

And for your hunter, a trick (once you're up at max level) is to use the barrage talent (level 90 one) along with a misdirection on your pet. Setup a macro for that so you don't have to play games with trying to mouseover or target your pet for the misdirection. Also use the glyph for misdirection so it's cooldown is reset if used on the pet. This will allow you to hit that one macro every time barrage is ready and all damage done to all the mobs will cause your pet to generate the hate instead of you. When you don't have misdirection up just focus on a single target and have your pet on that one too. By doing this (along with keeping a good mend pet going) you'll be able to keep all agro from multiple mobs on your pet and survive most situations. I would also recommend finding one of the spirit beast pets to tame and set it up as tenacity. It will help to keep itself healed and the tenacity will provide a small aoe threat for the pet.

Comment

I disagree Cabby. I find it a lot easier to level some professions especially Enchanting as i am levelling the character. The reason I find it easier is because my character has heirlooms. So nearly all quest rewards get disenchanted as I am doing the quests.
              ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Also I recommend having Inscription learned before entering Pandaria as quite some glyph recipes drop from mobs while questing. If you already did every zone in Pandaria you would need to grind for the recipes or hope to get them when doing dailies.
                However I don't know how high Inscription has to be to find the recipes.

Also the Primal Diamond Jewelcrafter recipes are mob drops in Pandaria.

But except for gathering professions and Enchanting I would recommend to start leveling them when you have at least the 150% flying at level 60. Until then just gather everything you may need. I always misuse the mailboxes as enhanced inventory, the last weeks I had about 300 items looping between two characters (hint: create a Worgen, they have a mailbox right at their starting point).

Comment

Working...
                X