OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here use both Zygor and Carbonite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here use both Zygor and Carbonite?

I just spent an hour experimenting with both of these guides (Zygor and Carbonite) trying to resolve an issue.
    I had no luck at all.

The issue is that my Carbonite map 'flashes' once per-every-1/2-second when I mouse-over a zone anywhere on the Carbonite map, including all the continents and zones. The only place it doesn't do that is when I mouse-over Stormwind City and Elwyn Forest. Weird.

I have tried disabling all addons, then turning on only one core lua of an adddon. For instance, Carbonite has a primary (core) lua called carbonite.lua (note: I'm using the Beta/Alpha 2 version). It also has a number of other lua's that are user-selectable as options. I enabled each one of those other ones, one-at-a-time, but flashing continued.

I tried having Zygor as the only addon, but Blizzard's map doesn't flash. So, that points to a conflict somewhere between Carbonite and Zygor. I just don't which one. I repeated everything again by turning off Carbonite then enabling only Zygor.

Even when 'unchecking' many of the options in both Zygor and Carbonite, I could not solve the problem. I turned off things that might cause flashing like mining/herbalism nodes, travel configurations, quest-tracking, showing other people in cities & zones, POI's, etc., etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same problem and found a way to resolve it.

Haven't really looked into this but I do know there is a setting in Carbonite that might be involved in this. I think it was in the mini map section of the options, a setting for flashing the POIs. Try setting that to 0 to see if it makes any difference.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I went back into Carbonite's settings and double-checked what I had set for the 'node glow.' While I was doing my testing, it was already set to zero (0) -- no glow effect.

This picture will explain more.

Carbonites-mini-map-options-page.jpg

Comment

Wow, Rythal has really done a lot for the options stuff. I haven't seen the new options before like that where they're integrated in and not using their own window like in the past.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You should see the rest of them. He has a lot of them! They don't all work, but I think he's trying. He's only one person and he's kept that valuable addon alive! Unlike this forum, I seldom get answers to my questions from him; they are ignored. On rare occasion, somebody else offers an answer.

Rythal has opted to separate certain features into their own specific lua files. It's easier for users to update those (in plain English rather than Byte code) in order to help him save time. I just wish the maps worked the way they used to. Some things just don't make sense to me. I'm happy to have it working. It beats Blizzard's static map by a long shot!

For the most part, it's almost completely compatible with Zygor's guides. I use both, simultaneously.

Just in case you may want to check it out, make sure you download/install the 5.4.0 Alpha 2 version. You can get it from WowInterface or Curse. Don't get the Release version. It's out-of-date.

Comment

Working...
          X