Blizzard's optional Reputation bar behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blizzard's optional Reputation bar behavior

Has anybody noticed that the Reputation bar (which users can opt to display in their task bar) cannot exceed 99%? In other words, it never reaches 100%. That's something than Blizzard has done, and not something that Zygor can override -- at least that's probably the case. I just wondered if anybody else noticed it and if there is an explanation as to why it was designed that way? I can get "Exalted" in reputation, but the bar value never gets to 100%. Kind of an oddball way of doing it.

It's because you can only get 999 of 1000 points through exalted. This at least explains the behaviour of the bar.
    Why Blizzard designed it this way that you can never reach 1000 of 1000? Maybe a bug they never fixed

Comment

Just a thought, but maybe their programmers are so used to counting starting at "0" instead of at "1"?
      They don't consider that non-programmers are going to use the products. No Quality Control Dept or Senior Technical Writers are employed to straighten out there lack of common sense. LOL.
      Last edited by kreelor; November 10, 2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Well, if we look at the previous rep levels if you got 1000/1000 exalted it would be a new rep level. Since there is nothing past exalted then you can't get 1000/1000. All previous rep levels you went up to the next level when you filled the bar. i.e. when you got 3000/3000 you went from neutral to friendly.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, if I owed you $1,000.00 (US) dollars and I gave you only $999.00 dollars, wouldn't you tell me that you didn't get the full amount (even if you got some money)?

If there is no rep level beyond Exalted, the bar still should have said "1000/1000, you have achieved Exalted status. You are now at maximum reputation." --Not "999/1000 Achieved". Oh, well. I just think that way. I'm a literal thinker. No big deal; it's just Blizzard's way.

Comment

Haha, if you owed me $1000 and gave me $999 I'd be happy to call it even because it's much better than you still owing me $1000.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X