Terminolgy suggested for profession guide steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminolgy suggested for profession guide steps

This is just a suggestion. I see this issue often in the profession guides.

Instead of the guide asking if we "...want to go shopping for the items," it would be more correct for it to say "Do you want to go 'farming' (or, to 'gather') the items yourself?"

Shopping implies purchasing, such as from a vendor or at the Auction House, and this question follows the default procedure above it as an alternative for users don't want to buy at the Auction House.

Uhh, which guide asks about going shopping? I could have sworn they all had the AH step as the default and that step had a line to go farming if you wanted.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

What I wrote seems quite clear to me. But, I'll try to explain it again.

Originally, I wrote:
      "...and this question follows the default procedure above it as an alternative for users don't want to buy at the Auction House."

That says clearly the the line I was referring to, with the word "shopping" in it, followed the default procedure of purchasing at the AH.

There is no line with the word "farming" in it. It is what I'm suggesting, since the current word is "shopping," not "farming!"

See picture:
      shopping-versus-gathering.jpg
      Last edited by kreelor; November 2, 2013, 04:40 PM. Reason: SP: Their to There

Comment

Ok, the picture helps a lot. That should be saying farming and not shopping so that's a bug. I'll get this on our list to get fixed.

Comment

I've seen that some of the other guide steps have been updated so as not to say "shopping." Thanks!

But, I'm confused on this particular guide (the Professions, Cooking (1-600 Leveling guide). Maybe we are supposed to look somewhere else to find what I don't see here (on this guide's list of ingredients)? What I don't see is the option to gather the items myself, with the waypoint arrow, etc. Was it removed, or am I not looking in the right place?

directions-to-gathering-cooking-ingredients.jpg

Comment

Those farming lines are only on the Auction House steps. Go back a couple steps.

Comment

Working...
            X