OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide: Cooking 1-600 Leveling, Step 323 (Cooking 525)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide: Cooking 1-600 Leveling, Step 323 (Cooking 525)

Alliance
    Char: level 81, Hunter

Reference:
    Guide: Cooking 1-600 Leveling, Step 323 (Cooking 525), "Go to Valley of the Four Winds 52,52"
    "Find a Mage to teleport you there since there is no direct path."

- Talk to Anthea Ironpaw
    - Learn Sauteed Carrots.

Well, after finally finding a Mage and then getting to 'The Summer Terrace' in the Valley of the Four Winds...

Zygor's Waypoint arrow says:
    - Talk to Sharinga Springrunner (Flightmaster)
    - Fly to Halfhill, Valley of the Four Winds.

... the Flightmaster (Sharinga Fpringrunner) tells me "There are no flight paths"!

Suggestion:
    Before sending people on a wild goose chase, the Guide should mention to users well in advance of this step that they'll need to be level 90 to survive running on foot all the way from this zone to another zone where Halfhill is located. Otherwise, it's hardly worth the effort.

I'll let the team know, but one would think that if you can't get there on your own (no direct path) you would already know that you're stepping into a world of hurt.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sometimes a Flightmaster (when first discovered) will also include flight paths to other Flightmasters, even though those hadn't been discovered yet. I thought that this might be the case, or else the objective end-location would be one in which (the Guide) had already determined to be a 'safe spot' for me to complete the quest step(s). I thought "no direct path" meant that because I wasn't a Mage char with Teleport (and also that I wasn't level 90), that I needed to get over to Pandaria somehow, to do the quests steps the Guide said to do, irregardless of my char's level?

Anyway, now I know that the Guide should end much earlier in its steps for people who aren't yet level 90! Thanks for replying.

Comment

I believe the team has added some warning tips now for the 500-600 section for people who are under 85 and wouldn't normally have access to MoP areas. Level 85 might still be risky if you haven't started in on the MoP zones to start getting that tier of gear but it should at least be a lot safer at 85 than at 81.
        Last edited by cabby; October 25, 2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Just a side note: While I was there at the Temple, and not having much knowledge about that area, I decided that I would try to run/fight/die repeatedly until I could finally arrive at Halfhill's flightmaster. Well, I spent about two hours merely trying to figure out how in the hell to get out of that Temple area and onto a road which I could run down. Couldn't find any way outa' there! LOL. I gave up. To make it really difficult was the fact that Carbonite's maps for that area are a total disaster! The maps are scrambled beyond reason, and almost useless.

Comment

That is an area that if you have not unlocked the gate into Eternal Blossom then you will need to find someone with a 2 person flying mount to get out of there.

Comment

Working...
            X