Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygor Admin View Post
    ...so if something you'd like to see added or fixed hasn't been addressed it's likely because other customers aren't requesting it in high numbers, or we're working on requests that have higher demand.
    Just how many requests in high numbers do you consider something worth your while to take note of it? If something is broken, and only a few people post it, shouldn't that be enough to fix it, or not? If my opinion is in the minority (as you say) maybe it's because other people have been waiting for YEARS for Zygor to fix something -- even though they aren't as vocal as I am? I'm wondering what a simple Poll topic would reveal about users who want Carbonite support fixed in Zygor Guides, or not? I know you are "... working on requests that have higher demand" as you stated, such as guides for software other than World of Warcraft. But, I for one will never use that software, so it doesn't matter to me in the least.

Even your Update Log has not been updated with anything relevant for at least a month! That shows me how little you care about "... maintaining our own products and ensuring they are of the highest quality will always be our chief concern.", as you stated. The Professions Cooking Guide is full of (many reported) errors and the other Guides have numerous errors as well. Is that the "highest quality" that you are talking about in your products? I think not.

I've lost all hope that whatever I expected or wanted from what is basically a very good guide system will ever be remedied and/or improved upon now that you've moved onto (profitable) software non-related to WoW. I'm glad you answered. You speak like a polished politician. I understand everything you said, but reading between the lines, I can only agree with about 1/2 of what you said. Sorry.

In any event, Cabby deserves highest commendations for all his effort and support! His diligence is what has kept me returning to the forums, if nothing more than to see if anything improved. Not much lately. Actually... nothing lately! Log remains the same every day.l
    Last edited by kreelor; April 14th, 2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: SP: Poll not pole

I'm thrilled to see that Zygor guides takes their own guide function into consideration prior to worrying about the fluidity of a product that is not only Zygor's, but an addon I don't use and don't care about. I do use Zygor's product, therefore it is only proper for them to worry about the home-front issues first.
    As someone who works in the IT industry we are always focused on what will make our product better, and only consider taking precious time to integrate another program into our own when it is vital to the function of our own product. This is standard business practice. I would have less respect for the product I paid for if I found out what I paid for is taking a back seat to integration and development of something I didn't pay for, and, again, don't care about.
    Carbonite can worry about Carbonite. I paid for and use Zygor.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Banned

A Carbonite work-around for its 2 map views

For anybody else who also uses the Carbonite addon, I finally resorted to my own work-around method to allow me to see the Zygor green blobs and other things on my "disguised" Carbonite smaller-view map. I had to do that because it's only the Carbonite larger-view map which has its API configured to show such things.

While in the game, I resized my Carbonite's larger-view map by scaling it down to the same dimensions of the Carbonite smaller-view map and placed it in the exact same location on my screen that the original smaller-view map is. (It covers the smaller one).

Now, it "appears" that I'm using the original Carbonite smaller-view map (as though it's actually working the way I had hoped for) without having the larger-map view covering most of my display. It's much easier to see Zygor's quest location blobs, follow Carbonite's mining/herbalism nodes with its "Find current route" option), and to see the other things which don't appear on the original default smaller-view map. At least, for me it's better than nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kreelor View Post
    For anybody else who also uses the Carbonite addon, I finally resorted to my own work-around method to allow me to see the Zygor green blobs and other things on my "disguised" Carbonite smaller-view map. I had to do that because it's only the Carbonite larger-view map which has its API configured to show such things.

While in the game, I resized my Carbonite's larger-view map by scaling it down to the same dimensions of the Carbonite smaller-view map and placed it in the exact same location on my screen that the original smaller-view map is. (It covers the smaller one).

Now, it "appears" that I'm using the original Carbonite smaller-view map (as though it's actually working the way I had hoped for) without having the larger-map view covering most of my display. It's much easier to see Zygor's quest location blobs, follow Carbonite's mining/herbalism nodes with its "Find current route" option), and to see the other things which don't appear on the original default smaller-view map. At least, for me it's better than nothing.
    I had to resort to this method because the "Zygor Team" is too lazy to update its compatibility with the Carbonite addon. The author of the Carbonite addon (Rythal) has made it very simple for Zygor and other addons to coordinate. Zygor has refused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12