Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with your Gear guide.

Hi,

So after I had your leveling guide for a while and really liked it, I thought to buy your other guides.

I bought your Gear guide because I have just hit 90 with my first character and wanted advice on how to gear him up.

Unforchantly, when I opened to gear guide window this is what i saw:

I don't think I need to add anything more for you to understand why I am disappointed...

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Liorb/advanced
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 5, 2013, 03:53 PM.

It's possible that the Dungeon & Gear guide did not get installed properly. This looks like you still have the trial version installed and that only has a couple of the first dungeons as part of it which definitely would not be an upgrade for a level 90.

When you open the guide selection window in game (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it display in the lower left for the version number?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It says that my version is 4.0.7345

Comment

I see you purchased a few different guide packages today. Do all of the other ones seem to be working correctly? Also, if you go to your WoW/Interface/Addons/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides/Dungeons folder what files are in there?

Comment

Didn't test the other guides but looks like they work fine from the in game viewer (the dailies guide, which i just bought too for example shows me all the timeless isle quests)

The dungeons folder shows the following files:

ZygorDungeonAllianceMOP.lua
          ZygorDungeonHordeMOPTrial.lua
          ZygorDungeonScenariosAlliance_MoP.lua
          ZygorDungeonScenariosHorde_MoP.lua
          ZygorGearAlliance.lua
          ZygorGearHordeTrial.lua

I want to add that I have completely uninstall zygor guides and re install it through the Zygor Guides Updater but it still looks the same in game, it didn't change anything.

Comment

Ok, those are the files that should be there and it sounds like it's all installed correctly. You might be at that odd ilvl area between normal and heroic MoP dungeons. The gear guide only knows about the dungeon gear for giving you recommendations but there is an odd area where you can't really improve the ilvl with the normal dungeons but you don't have a high enough ilvl to run the heroic dungeons. If this is where you're at right now then that would explain why you're getting no suggestions. I remember hitting this kind of thing when trying to raise my ilvl after hitting 90 on my pally but I don't remember what that ilvl was.

There are 2 ways around this to get to where you can run the heroics and LFR. First method is to farm the MoP dailies for the VP so you can purchase the VP gear from the different MoP rep vendors. The other method is to run a ton of scenarios as you can get a purple drop randomly with them and slowly raise up your ilvl that way. I did a combination of the two methods, ran 3 or 4 reps of dailies every day and then just farmed the scenarios. Think it took me a week or two to get thru that ilvl oddity and get to the point where I could start running heroics and LFR.

Edit: I forgot we now have the timeless isle so you should be able to go work on that stuff and get a good boost to your ilvl with the gear you can get there.
            Last edited by cabby; October 13, 2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I see.

Ok, I will work on that.

Thanks for your fast replies!

Comment

so this guide really shouldn't be used until you're level 90? I'm kind of confused here, i have the leveling and professions guide, they are outstanding!

Comment

You can use them from level 15 onward. I say 15 because that is when the first dungeons become available to you. The gear guide knows all of the different 5-man dungeons from level 15-90 so you can keep using it. A lot of people will ignore the dungeons until they get to max level because you will be changing gear fast enough with questing and leveling that you don't have to go after the dungeon gear to survive. I think a good mix would be to start using the gear guide when you hit 60 and move to the Outlands. That's a point when the leveling process starts to slow down so the dungeon gear would be useful for a longer period of time. You still don't need the dungeon gear to survive at 60 because you'll get good enough gear from the questing that you'll be ok.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but my issue is kinda sorta related (Or maybe not).

I'm a level 41 Resto druid, and the guide still says the best dungeon for me is "Scarlet Monastery". Obviously I've outleveled the level requirement for the dungeon, so why is it still saying it's the best dungeon for me, or says that the best 2 handed for me is in there. It shouldn't be taking that dungeon or loot into consideration at all, should it?

Comment

Try using the wrench icon on the Zygor client to reinstall the guides. Make sure you exit the game first.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                        Try using the wrench icon on the Zygor client to reinstall the guides. Make sure you exit the game first.
                        Still the same.

http://puu.sh/aZKIp/bf188592e8.png

http://puu.sh/aZKOH/859e950553.png

All the other items seem to be updating just fine, but the Two-handed weapon slot has been on this weapon since i unlocked Scarlet Monastery, and as such it keeps the "Best Dungeon" there as well.

Comment

I was doing some research into this and all the 2h weapons in the dungeons from Scarlet Monastery up to Scholomance (the one you can currently enter) and the Greatstaff of Righteousness in SM is the best 2h weapon for a restoration druid out of the currently unlocked dungeons. The only other dungeon that has a 2h that you can use is Razorfen Kraul (the one right after Scarlet Monastery) but the Spell Power, Haste, and Crit on the Scarlet Monastery staff out-weighs the extra Intelligence on the staff from Razorfen Kraul. It looks like the next dungeon upgrade for you won't be until you hit 44 and can get into Dire Maul. That dungeon has 3 good possibilities in it and I'm sure one of them will have a better stat weight than the one in Scarlet Monastery.

I'm not a coder so I can't look at the code to see exactly how it's done (and no one in the office right now to ask), but I'm guessing that it bases the best dungeon off of where you can get your best weapon upgrade since weapons are normally very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                            I was doing some research into this and all the 2h weapons in the dungeons from Scarlet Monastery up to Scholomance (the one you can currently enter) and the Greatstaff of Righteousness in SM is the best 2h weapon for a restoration druid out of the currently unlocked dungeons. The only other dungeon that has a 2h that you can use is Razorfen Kraul (the one right after Scarlet Monastery) but the Spell Power, Haste, and Crit on the Scarlet Monastery staff out-weighs the extra Intelligence on the staff from Razorfen Kraul. It looks like the next dungeon upgrade for you won't be until you hit 44 and can get into Dire Maul. That dungeon has 3 good possibilities in it and I'm sure one of them will have a better stat weight than the one in Scarlet Monastery.

I'm not a coder so I can't look at the code to see exactly how it's done (and no one in the office right now to ask), but I'm guessing that it bases the best dungeon off of where you can get your best weapon upgrade since weapons are normally very important.
                            That's what I was thinking, but could I make a suggestion that since I've passed the level requirement for SM (I can't queue up for it), it shouldn't count it at all and should just say "No upgrade until 44", or at least point out the weapon in Razorfen Kraul? Unless it's there because it expects me to just go solo run it? Since it

I guess that's where my confusion is, I literally can't queue up for it, so in my mind it shouldn't even consider it a dungeon that i can get loot from.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

That might also depend on what weapon you currently have equipped. The one in SM could be a better weapon (stats-wise) compared to what you have equipped and that could be the reason why it's still being shown. Also, just because you can't queue up for a dungeon does not mean you can't just go to the dungeon entrance and enter it. The dungeon queue thing is just for dungeons that you would gain XP in, so if you go to SM you're not getting any XP, but that doesn't mean the gear can't be gotten from in there if it's better than what you have.

Comment

Working...
                              X