Please explain this to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain this to me

I just bought this guide today. I wanted to get my Reputation to Exalted with the Kalu'ak clan, or at least as far as I could go in one day. My plan is to get the special fishing pole which requires being Exalted.

Look at my attached screenshot then please explain to me what is going on with this guide. Zygor's information seems totally weird.

Kalu'ak Reputation Guide is weird.jpg

It might be an older style of guide that just goes to the end of the guide instead of giving a step to loop back for the dailies. There's only 2 or 3 dailies you can do each day for that reputation so it will take a while of running that guide every day to get up to Exalted for the fishing pole. I'll get this on our list to get looked at to improve that guide.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      It might be an older style of guide that just goes to the end of the guide instead of giving a step to loop back for the dailies. There's only 2 or 3 dailies you can do each day for that reputation so it will take a while of running that guide every day to get up to Exalted for the fishing pole. I'll get this on our list to get looked at to improve that guide.
      "older style of guide?" I just bought it yesterday! Why would an older style of guide be on the current list of products for sale?

"There's only 2 or 3 dailies you can do each day for that reputation..."
      Then why did it continue running and having me do lots of quests for several hours yesterday? I don't understand how it is 'supposed' to work. If I am only able to complete 3 quests daily for the Kalu'ak, then why doesn't the guide politely say"You've finished all the Daily quests for Kalu'ak for today. Tomorrow, you can run this guide and complete them again."

And, Cabby, you didn't explain why the guide reported that I am now Exalted with the Kalu'ak when it's obviously not true at all? And, now that the guide has ENDED, how can I run it again? There are no instructions with the guide.

Comment

What I meant by older style is how the guides were written. A lot of guides were originally written that they just ended once you were done for the day and you had to re-load the guide from step 1 the next day and skip thru a lot of steps to get the daily quests done again. Now we've been writing the guides more like you have there where we let you know that's all you can do for the day and to run the daily quests again tomorrow. So when I said it looked like an older style I meant an original format of guides that got missed for converting over to the newer and much nicer format. The content team have already been working on this today and you should see it working differently with the next update.

As for how you run a guide again, just like any guide you would re-load the guide at step 1 to start it over.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I klicked through the Kalu'ak reputaion guide and it contains some click steps to loop through the dailies section.
          But there are other clickable lines in those steps that skip directly to the end of the guide.
          I find it irritating that these lines at step 130 and step 141 read "reach exalted". I would not expect those lines to be clickable.

So until this guide is reworked you need to click the bottom line at step 130 ("lick here to continue") and at step 141 the first line ("reset this section"). Then the daily section will loop.

Comment

Working...
          X