X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem immediately after Step 1 of the guide

I may be happy or sorry later, but I went ahead and purchased/installed:
    -- MoP upgrade, both Horde and Alliance
    -- Dailies and Events guides, both Horde and Alliance.

Here's the 1st problem I encountered after I chose the Dailies and Events Guide while standing in the Timeless Isle:

1. Step 1 of the guide was "green" as I had already completed it.

2. When I right-clicked the viewer to go to the next step, it jumped to step 31. That step told me to go to a guy and talk to him. The direction arrow worked. I found him, but he would not give me the quest which the guide told me to accept from him. So, I went back to step 1 and then tried to single-step to see step 2, step 3, etc. to find out if I had missed anything before installing the guide. That didn't work. The guide viewer refused to let me look at each step one-at-a-time. I checked option settings and unchecked "skip impossible steps" hoping that doing that might allow me to see all steps between 1 and 31. Didn't work either.

See graphics if they will help determine why I can't use the new guide.

timeless-isle-dailies-step-1.jpg

timeless-isle-dailies-step-31.jpg

timeless-isle-dailies-requirements-not-met.jpg

Definitely looks like it's not recognizing a quest not being done. Try going to step 1 and then hold the Ctrl + Alt keys while clicking on the next step button. Holding those two keys should keep it from skipping all the way to 31 like that. If you can find which quest it is skipping over please let us know so we can try to figure out why it's not seeing it as needing to be done.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Update to my original post.

I finally check marked the correct option to allow single-stepping. But, that doesn't explain why the guide viewer bypassed all the steps between #1 and #31.

timeless-isle-dailies-guide-viewer-steps.jpg

Comment

Thanks, Cabby. The CTRL/ALT keys method worked.

I found one of the 1st steps which hadn't been completed, but.... it can't be completed! I have no idea why not.

Here it is:

dailies-step-26-shrine.jpg

EDITED: That Shrine must have been on some hour-long cool down. There were a dozen other players standing by it, waiting. It finally began to glow/flicker, so I clicked it, got the quest, went to where the guide steps suggested, turn it in and accepted others.

Apparently, the Guides needs some text added to it to inform users that they may have to go eat lunch, or take a drive in their cars until the Shrine activates. heh heh. Without info, users like me have to idea why it isn't working. But, problems solved. Close thread, unless I need to know something else. I'm brand-new to the new updates I just purchased.
        Last edited by kreelor; September 12, 2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I forgot about that shrine. I've let the content team know they should add a tip for that one (should hopefully be in today's update). There are quite a few shrines scattered all over and they seem to all take a long time to refresh. There will also be a tip added about hunting those rares taking a long time as they seem to have about a 1 hour respawn time and it can take a while just to get the 5 needed for the one daily.

Comment

Kreelor / Cabby / Zygor

There are a number of shrines around the isle. Each of them is on a 10 - 15 minute timer before it comes active (clickable). I've heard that only the first person (or group) to click an active shrine is the only one receiving the effects of it (I believe there are a total of four effects - I've seen three at this point.) I suggest not using that particular shrine but one of the others and waiting for it to activate -- with some text indicating there may be a 10 to 15 minute wait so don't run off.

Comment

Originally posted by deleon View Post
              Kreelor / Cabby / Zygor

I've heard that only the first person (or group) to click an active shrine is the only one receiving the effects of it. I suggest not using that particular shrine but one of the others and waiting for it to activate -- with some text indicating there may be a 10 to 15 minute wait so don't run off.
              You didn't mention this important fact.... "Be sure to click it faster than anybody else standing by!" LOL

Comment

Guide keeps suggesting Group quests

Question about guide's recommended quests. I noticed that it is suggesting several quests which require groups of people (because the quests are too difficult for most people to do alone. That includes me, for sure.). I don't normally play in groups. I don't like the hectic pace that most people play at.

On the Timeless Isle, are the quests absolutely LINEAR?
                I've tried moving ahead to a quest where a hammer is supposed to spawn in front of a 'collapsed' cave. Stood there 20 minutes waiting because the guide says it should appear after a "minute" or so. That never happened. Plus, that quest (as well as all other Zygor quest steps) has no name in the viewer. Without knowing the name of it, I don't know where I should go to get it, unless it's offered only after all the horribly-difficult group quests have been turned in. My char isn't equipped to survive level 91-92 Elites, so if possible, I'd like to find quests which I can do "solo, if they exist." --- Just asking.

Comment

This is actually how Blizzard setup the Timeless Isle. Most everything on the isle is elite mobs and the quests/dailies are all marked as group. The good thing is that most people are doing the same thing so you can actually get the stuff done while remaining solo, just when you run across one of the rare mobs wait for everyone else to show up and get in a few hits. For the one quest to get the 50 stones just stick to the easier bird and turtle lvl 90 elite mobs.

Comment

Working...
                  X