Mining/Engineering Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining/Engineering Guides

I'm trying to level up in both and I'm having a heck of a time with storage space. I constantly run out of storage slots while leveling and am not sure what I can dispose of while trying to get to a certain level. I have tried to look forward a few steps to see where the guide is going but in most cases I really don't know what I need to save and what I can sell off or dump to make more room.

All of my bags (bank/toon) are 18 slot bags or bigger. Any suggestions? Right now both professions are around 150 ranks and I can't afford larger bags.

The engineering guide will have a tool tip telling you to save an item for later if it's needed later on. This tip will be on the step that you created the item with. Anything that doesn't have a tip like that with it you should be able to sell off to a merchant to make room.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the really quick reply! Great service......

I've seen that tip come up but I usually forget what to keep while I'm working through the next couple of steps (especially if I stop for a day or two while waiting for stuff I need/want to buy for the current step in the AH), then I scroll back trying to find that tip; I was just wondering if there was a better way. My memory totally sucks (lol).........

Comment

Try doing this... when you see that tip as soon as you finish creating the items stick them in your last bag. Then sell often for stuff so that way you never make it to fill up all the way to your last bag thus leaving you with the items you'll need. Once you make the item later on that uses what you were saving you could then sell off any left-overs (move them to first bag) to keep that last bag from filling up.

Edit: or if you don't mind having to remake something maybe later on just sell everything and then re-make a few things as needed when you're on the steps to create items that would need those sub-combines.

Comment

Hello,

Looks like I have two problems.... I'm working towards the 525 rank (step 33) and I went forward to see the next steps and now I can't get back to the learn to 525 route. I get a box that opens up and asks me to accept that I complete the guide and I can't get back to the step I was on, it just stays at step 3 I think. I just logged out to post this and will log back in to see if it has corrected itself.

The second thing is that it seems this particular manual seems to be popular because for the last 100 ranks or so I see other folks out here and I can do a whole loop or more without out seeing any ore to mine. I'm wondering if the routes need to be extended and/or it takes into consideration that I'm flying at 310% of the normal speed.

Thanks in advance..

UPDATE: I did log in and brought up a different guide then went back to mining and I was able to step forward to step 33 where I was at before and the route showed up....

Comment

This is starting to suck, stuck on 515 ranks now in mining (over an hour now) and can't seem to find ore, and when I do, it takes a couple to get a rank......

Gunner

OIF 2003

Comment

It sounds like you might be level 90? If so and you can fly in Pandaria try just going into the Professions section on the guide selection window, then go to the bottom to the farming guides and load up the Mining guide and go farm the Ghost Iron Ore in pandaland. You can use that to go from 1-600 in skill and there should be a good abundance of it available for you to skill up with.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll head over there now to finish. Yep lvl 90, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X