To Remember Zygor Frames Layout Positions/Characteristics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider this too, please

And, while that issue is being looked at, maybe some changes can be made to another (irritating) issue which I encounter often.

When using the Zygor options, then closing it temporarily to examine the change, it never remembers the last option I was looking at. On each new visit to the options, I have to change the option from "Game" to "Addons," then to "Zygor," then hunt (again) for the particular option I'm working with.

Contrary to that is the way Blizzard's method works.
    Example:
    When pressing "Esc" to get to Blizzard's options, then selecting "Interface" to switch the "Action Bars" setting to "Unlock,"... Blizzard remembers that same location even after I've closed the options and returned to the game. That allows me to switch that option back to "Lock" again very quickly and easily after I finish moving a few things around on the Action Bars. That's nice. That's convenient. That's how I wish Zygor's would work, too.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
      When using the Zygor options, then closing it temporarily to examine the change, it never remembers the last option I was looking at. On each new visit to the options, I have to change the option from "Game" to "Addons," then to "Zygor," then hunt (again) for the particular option I'm working with.
      I think it's either a WoW problem in general or a problem of the Ace library (or some other library) used by many addons.
      Several years ago it was possible to directly open the options for an addon when clicking an options button in the addon frame. But then all of a sudden this did not work anymore.
      The problem came with a WoW patch and I don't know if there's any possible workaround for this.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        This is something that is being looked at to get changed around from being saved in the locals-layout file into our SavedVariables files. It will probably take some time to get it done, but it is being looked at.
        Thank you very much cabby. I would really appreciate it. I love Zygor Guides! Thanks

Comment

/casts raise dead on thread, hopes the moderators don't mind .

Took a while to get to this as a priority, took another while figure out how all of the windows were positioning themselves ("layout-local.txt" was involved, but was a tip on an iceberg), but in a future release, this will be resolved.

Comment

Is this still in the works to get fixed? I feel like I'm constantly monkeying with the position of the windows and minimap button.

Comment

This was fixed. Are you using the latest guide version in game? Have you tested with all other addons disabled?
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                This was fixed. Are you using the latest guide version in game? Have you tested with all other addons disabled?
                I've disabled all addons. It's definitely not working correctly. I'm aware of at least the following issues:

1) The minimap button location is not being tied to the profile at all.
                2) The model viewer and notification window are tied to the profile, but when you change profiles, they remain in the location they were in from the previous profile which then screws up the profile you just switched to.

I'm pretty sure there's an issue when you're first setting up the guide on a new toon, too, but I didn't research it since I found enough issues to confirm that you need to do some more work here.

I know one other issue with a new character is that if the profile has the window location locked, it will be locked but the icon will show that it's unlocked.

Comment

For the mini map button, I believe that those are stored by Blizzard separate from any addons. I could be wrong about this. I will double-check with our dev team on this one.

For the guide viewer not changing position from one profile to the next, you must have an older guide viewer version or another addon conflicting. I've been in game testing flipping around between several profiles with different window positions and the windows move to the new location as soon as the profile is chosen.

I was able to confirm that the lock icon does not update properly when changing profiles, and also that if you go from an upside-down profile to a normal profile (and vice versa) that the window does not flip. I will get those two added to our bug list to be fixed.
                  Last edited by Zygor Support; January 24, 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I'm using version 5.0.11282. All other addons were completely disabled. The guide window itself does move correctly when you switch profiles. The model viewer window and notification window do not.
                    Last edited by marastu; January 24, 2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ok, was able to reproduce the model viewer and notification windows not moving so added them to the bug ticket for fixing.

Comment

Working...
                      X