No announcement yet.

Has Zygor gotten lazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall of text? My post is one sentence shorter than yours.

Comment

kreelor - Your criticisms regarding our NPC and Quest descriptions is duly noted. The reason we opted to provide extra NPC info only when the NPC appeared to be in a more obscure location was to allow us to get updates out much faster, and the result has been well received by the community. However, we will make a renewed effort to ensure all NPCs inside caves or buildings, or any location that isn't right out in the open get descriptions.

littlewierdo - I'm sorry you felt that my comments were making our customers sound like idiots. That was not my intention, I can assure you.

We do have multiple people working on our guides at the same time so I'm not sure what you were saying about the versioning. Perhaps you could shine more line on that.

Our merchant system is definitely something we are actively trying to improve. The limitations are a result of our payment processor, Clickbank, and we have been a leading force in the Clickbank community to get a true shopping cart system added. Thankfully, Clickbank has since announced they will be adding a proper shopping cart by the end of this year.

I understand the problems you've encountered have made you question otherwise, but our guides are tested. The issue, more often than not, is that Blizzard makes changes to the game and doesn't keep us in the loop. Even the tiniest changes to professions can entirely throw off the guide, as it our most complex guide and relies on precise calculations. Unfortunately, we often don't find out about these problems before our customer base, where over 100,000 members are running through our guides daily, so they usually report things before we can. Despite this, we are always pursuing new ways to improve the quality of our products and will continue to do so.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc73 View Post
        Wall of text? My post is one sentence shorter than yours.
        Oh no, wasnt referring to your post being walls of text, was referring to mine. As in, I didnt want to post another one lol.
        Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
        Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          littlewierdo - I'm sorry you felt that my comments were making our customers sound like idiots. That was not my intention, I can assure you.

We do have multiple people working on our guides at the same time so I'm not sure what you were saying about the versioning. Perhaps you could shine more line on that.

Our merchant system is definitely something we are actively trying to improve. The limitations are a result of our payment processor, Clickbank, and we have been a leading force in the Clickbank community to get a true shopping cart system added. Thankfully, Clickbank has since announced they will be adding a proper shopping cart by the end of this year.

I understand the problems you've encountered have made you question otherwise, but our guides are tested. The issue, more often than not, is that Blizzard makes changes to the game and doesn't keep us in the loop. Even the tiniest changes to professions can entirely throw off the guide, as it our most complex guide and relies on precise calculations. Unfortunately, we often don't find out about these problems before our customer base, where over 100,000 members are running through our guides daily, so they usually report things before we can. Despite this, we are always pursuing new ways to improve the quality of our products and will continue to do so.
          Paragraph by paragraph.

Im not going to search the forums for quotes. It isnt worth my time, nor would it benefit either of us. Suffice it to say, I and others here have seen it, time and time again. Hopefully we wont see it anymore but I will call it out if I see it, as I have at least twice so far.

In the past, Cabby had made a statement that only you were able to make changes, this is where I got this information from. Again, if things have changed, thats great news.

This is unacceptable from Clickbank, I would be telling them if it were me anyway. That is 9 months away. You dont need a cart, you need checkboxes next to each guide. Guides already purchased by that customer would be greyed out with a message in bold praising the customer for having already purchased that guide. The customer simply ticks each guide, (horde, alliance, OR BOTH, only one box per guide would be selectable), some simple html code tallies the total, that is sent to clickbank, done and done. A cart is unnecessarily complicated for what you need.

(See cbpowerscripts.com - Seems to be down atm but this is a cart system already configured for ClickBank).

As I stated in my post, your customers are the ones who do the testing. Thats fine, I just think its wrong to charge the price you do considering.

Im not telling you how to run your business, thats up to you. I just think, considering the amount of money you are asking, you can do far better.

And most importantly, be honest with yourself, then really look at and consider your options. This will empower you to explain to your customers without the sales pitch BS.

I commend you, this is the first time I have seen you speak honestly without trying to sell me. I hope to continue to see more of this in the future.
          Last edited by littlewierdo; June 13, 2013, 02:39 AM.
          Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
          Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
            In the past, Cabby had made a statement that only you were able to make changes, this is where I got this information from. Again, if things have changed, thats great news.
            I think you may have misunderstood what I posted in the past about this. I had said that I am not able to make changes to the guide. This is still true. I simply report the bugs to either the content team or the dev team and they make the changes and commit them. Also in the past I had said there was one person (Zygor Admin) who 'pushed the button' to send updates out to everyone. That does not mean there is not an SVN in place and we do have/use a subversioning software. It just means that only one person was responsible for sending the Updates out to the customers. We do now have a 2nd person that can 'push the button' and send out updates if Zygor Admin is sick or out on vacation, but we still keep it to primarily one person who does this for control purposes.

This is how it's been for a long time (since at least the time I joined the Zygor team), there is an SVN and I can access it, but I do not have write permissions to make changes and commit them. It's possible from how I worded stuff in the past that there might have been some confusion on this and I'm sorry about that, it was unintentional.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
              Cabby said that because he's part of our technical support team. We have a separate team of trained professionals who write, update, and test the guides.

This is unacceptable from Clickbank, I would be telling them if it were me anyway.
              Yes, we have been telling them about it. The shopping cart system mentioned would allow users to essentially build their own packages of whatever guides they want, and we could give unique discounts for bundling guides. I will look into that script you mentioned, but from our own research we've yet to find a way to implement this yet.

As I stated in my post, your customers are the ones who do the testing. Thats fine, I just think its wrong to charge the price you do considering.
              The majority of the problems reported by customers are the result of changes Blizzard made to the game that broke guides that previously were tested as working.

Of course, everyone will have different opinions regarding price, which is why we try to price our guides competitively, and often have huge discounts and sales.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Sorry to say this but I agreed with most of the comments about the lack of info: eg: from the pet guide:
                to get the Jade Crane Chick Tells you to go to NPC and buy Pet but does NOT TELL YOU that you have to be Pandaren to buy this pet. It is information like this which is missing from all of the guides and if added to the guides would take them from being a ok type of guide to a excellent guide that you would recommend to one and all.

Comment

Working...
                X