OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Mac Users: Zygor Guides Needs Your Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
    ** Edit **
    Now when trying to run the .jar file nothing happens (or not that I can see anyway)
    Yeah, it already downloaded the resources it needed. It's stuck at the launch point for the main client. I'm looking into this right now.

* /e Re-download and try it now. Didn't change much, but the output gave me a small window to pinpoint the issue and I made a change within that window.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
      Yeah, it already downloaded the resources it needed. It's stuck at the launch point for the main client. I'm looking into this right now.

* /e Re-download and try it now. Didn't change much, but the output gave me a small window to pinpoint the issue and I made a change within that window.
      Righto, downloaded and re-ran, this has launched the application. I've got as far as trying to install the latest update, but this failed with an error about the path.

For the App Setup, the following directories were specified (these were already entered)
      WoW Directory
      Macintosh HD/Applications/Word of Warcraft

WoW Launcher
      Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.app

I have changed these in the settings screen by clicking on the magnifying glass and choosing the following

WoW Directory
      /Applications/Word of Warcraft

WoW Launcher
      /Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft-64.app

When trying the install again, this has downloaded the guides, and now shows as being at version 4.0.6721

However, when trying to launch WoW, i now get the error Invalid Wow Launch Path

Comment

What is the "dialog" that you are referring to? The textfield displaying the currently selected path? Or the file choosing window that appears? In the case of the file choosing directory, I don't manually set where it starts out, it just opens where ever it pleases. That dialog isn't meant to auto-detect your directory, it's meant for the user to manually find it because the client did not.
        The file choosing window is what I am referring to. When I open that window to choose a path the first time I run the Updater (after selecting to clear all preferences) the use directory is selected. I must change that to the root directory and then the updater works just fine. Then if I click on the "gear" on the main updater page as though I wanted to change the path, the file choosing window that pops up no longer points to the user directory but to the root directory that I changed it to previously (as it should).

The updater will return an "invalid path" error if I do not change the default path. If I do not reset the preferences when starting the updater, the changed path is remembered correctly and the update is successful.

Also, no matter what I change the application path to, the launch button returns an invalid path error.

Comment

Originally posted by lance506 View Post
          The file choosing window is what I am referring to. When I open that window to choose a path the first time I run the Updater (after selecting to clear all preferences) the use directory is selected. I must change that to the root directory and then the updater works just fine. Then if I click on the "gear" on the main updater page as though I wanted to change the path, the file choosing window that pops up no longer points to the user directory but to the root directory that I changed it to previously (as it should).

The updater will return an "invalid path" error if I do not change the default path. If I do not reset the preferences when starting the updater, the changed path is remembered correctly and the update is successful.

Also, no matter what I change the application path to, the launch button returns an invalid path error.
          Alright that's all fine and dandy then, until the very end of course.

I don't have it automatically detecting any paths at the moment, and what I have it defaulting to is: Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft. Is this incorrect? Or are you getting a default path that differs from that?

As for the invalid path error when you go to launch WoW, I trust that you did modify both the directory AND the launch application fields? If so, I will take a look at how I am launching WoW given the proper directory and make sure it's the proper way to do it. I may have neglected a command or flag somewhere that mac users may need.

Comment

Righto, downloaded and re-ran, this has launched the application. I've got as far as trying to install the latest update, but this failed with an error about the path.

For the App Setup, the following directories were specified (these were already entered)
            WoW Directory
            Macintosh HD/Applications/Word of Warcraft

WoW Launcher
            Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.app

I have changed these in the settings screen by clicking on the magnifying glass and choosing the following

WoW Directory
            /Applications/Word of Warcraft

WoW Launcher
            /Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft-64.app

When trying the install again, this has downloaded the guides, and now shows as being at version 4.0.6721

However, when trying to launch WoW, i now get the error Invalid Wow Launch Path
            *whistles* I took a stab in the dark at the application naming. I based it off of the namings in my windows directory:
            3jDwt.png

Are the comparisons as such?
            Wow.exe --> World of Warcraft.app
            Wow-64.exe --> World of Warcraft-64.app
            World of Warcraft Launcher.exe --> World of Warcraft Launcher.app

If not, correct me if you please

Also, on the issue of the "I can't get the stupid default path right" thing. Should I or should I not include the Macintosh HD/... or should it just be kept at /Applications/World of Warcraft?

Comment

*whistles* I took a stab in the dark at the application naming. I based it off of the namings in my windows directory:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1112[/ATTACH]

Are the comparisons as such?
              Wow.exe --> World of Warcraft.app
              Wow-64.exe --> World of Warcraft-64.app
              World of Warcraft Launcher.exe --> World of Warcraft Launcher.app

If not, correct me if you please

Also, on the issue of the "I can't get the stupid default path right" thing. Should I or should I not include the Macintosh HD/... or should it just be kept at /Applications/World of Warcraft?

Hi, These are the relevant files on my mac

My-MacBook-Pro:World of Warcraft Me$ pwd
              /Applications/World of Warcraft
              My-MacBook-Pro:World of Warcraft Me$ ls -l | grep -i World
              drwxrwxrwx 3 Me admin 102 11 Dec 2012 World of Warcraft Launcher.app
              drwxrwxrwx 3 Me admin 102 13 Jun 09:16 World of Warcraft-64.app
              drwxrwxrwx 3 Me admin 102 13 Jun 09:16 World of Warcraft.app
              My-MacBook-Pro:World of Warcraft Me$

Comment

Alright that's all fine and dandy then, until the very end of course.

I don't have it automatically detecting any paths at the moment, and what I have it defaulting to is: Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft. Is this incorrect? Or are you getting a default path that differs from that?

As for the invalid path error when you go to launch WoW, I trust that you did modify both the directory AND the launch application fields? If so, I will take a look at how I am launching WoW given the proper directory and make sure it's the proper way to do it. I may have neglected a command or flag somewhere that mac users may need.
                After changing both paths, the text boxes display:

/Applications/World of Warcraft

/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft Launcher.app

Comment

Happened a little while ago now, but I've made some changes, and macs should now be defaulted properly (again, let me know if it's wrong) and it should actually launch WoW now.

Comment

Happened a little while ago now, but I've made some changes, and macs should now be defaulted properly (again, let me know if it's wrong) and it should actually launch WoW now.
                    Default paths are correct for me. One minor point is that I use the Launcher to start WOW and the default path is to the WOW app. When I click on the Launch WoW button nothing happens - no error message or anything else. If I change the default app path to the Launcher instead, then all works perfectly. I have no suggestion for this because some will start with the app and some with the Launcher as I do.

Updater works on every feature I have tried (and I think I've tried them all). Great job.

Also like the menu bar icon.

Comment

Hi, downloaded the update, couple of things I've noticed, when first running it and clearing settings, I get a notification that it has updated, and when closing that notification, the zygor updater closes as well.

The default paths are correct for me, however when trying to launch WoW, nothing happens, apart from the updater closing.
                      If I change the path from pointing to the WoW app to the WoW launcher, then this works.

Comment

Default paths are correct for me. One minor point is that I use the Launcher to start WOW and the default path is to the WOW app. When I click on the Launch WoW button nothing happens - no error message or anything else. If I change the default app path to the Launcher instead, then all works perfectly. I have no suggestion for this because some will start with the app and some with the Launcher as I do.

Updater works on every feature I have tried (and I think I've tried them all). Great job.

Also like the menu bar icon.
                        the command that it uses to open WoW is open <text from launch field>, so if that, for some reason, wouldn't work for World of Warcraft(-64).app, then I'll be forced to default mac users to the launcher. I can't think of any reason why this would be happening though.

Later today, I'll push a small update that adds a button to the log file so I can see if anything of use is in there that I can use.

Comment

Hi, downloaded the update, couple of things I've noticed, when first running it and clearing settings, I get a notification that it has updated, and when closing that notification, the zygor updater closes as well.

The default paths are correct for me, however when trying to launch WoW, nothing happens, apart from the updater closing.
                          If I change the path from pointing to the WoW app to the WoW launcher, then this works.
                          Same as above, I have no clue why it would matter.

Is there a chance that the name for the application is wrong? Even the slightest typo?

Comment

the command that it uses to open WoW is open <text from launch field>, so if that, for some reason, wouldn't work for World of Warcraft(-64).app, then I'll be forced to default mac users to the launcher. I can't think of any reason why this would be happening though.

Later today, I'll push a small update that adds a button to the log file so I can see if anything of use is in there that I can use.
                            My WoW application is named "World of Warcraft-64" while the default path points to "Wow-64" - I changed the path to my WoW app and it will launch WoW without using the Launcher. So, maybe the issue is with the exact spelling of the app name.

Comment

My WoW application is named "World of Warcraft-64" while the default path points to "Wow-64" - I changed the path to my WoW app and it will launch WoW without using the Launcher. So, maybe the issue is with the exact spelling of the app name.
                              Bah. I fixed the default path but didn't implement it. It should actually default properly now. If everyone above was leaving it as default, that would explain it. Wow.app and Wow-64 app simply didn't exist. Changing it to the launcher gave it a valid path.

A fix for that is now up. (It should notify you that a client update is available in your current client)

Comment

Bah. I fixed the default path but didn't implement it. It should actually default properly now. If everyone above was leaving it as default, that would explain it. Wow.app and Wow-64 app simply didn't exist. Changing it to the launcher gave it a valid path.

A fix for that is now up. (It should notify you that a client update is available in your current client)
                                Started the app again from the .jar file, this then downloaded the 5mb file, I selected to keep my previous settings at the relevant dialog box.
                                The main application opened, and has automatically started to download the updates (the setting I left it on last time)
                                Once it completed the application closed. Is this meant to happen?

I have set the path for the launcher to the World of Warcraft-64.app and this now opens WoW when you click on the launch button

Comment

Working...
                                X