OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Mac Users: Zygor Guides Needs Your Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there.
    I´m using 10.8.4
    If you search beta tester, here i am.
    Greetz, Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by lance506 View Post
      The correct path is:

Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft

The default I get from the updater is:

Macintosh HD/Users/(user name)/Applications/World of Warcraft

Notes:
      1. Macintosh HD is the default name of the built in main storage (as Cabby says equivalent to the C: drive in Windows
      2. Applications are not stored by user - they are stored at the root level of the main storage

Hope this is helpful. I can't find anything else that doesn't work perfectly in the updater. Great job.
      /edit
      I'm not sure how it defaulted to Macintosh HD/Users as I never specify for it to use the Users directory at all unless it found it through a find "~/Desktop" -name "World of Warcraft" -type d which was one of the few places i checked for it before setting it to a standard default.

Hm. For now I'll just make it stay at Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft until I can find a more proper way of detecting it.

**Released an update without the path fix noted above with KNOWN launch issue. I am debugging this currently and will have it fixed within the hour at the most. I will report back.
      **Released a hot-fix update WITH the path change noted above, while fixing the launch issue.

Note that your settings will have been wiped on this version as I changed how the client was built for testing purposes. I hope that the setup isn't too painful as it's only a few fields to fill out and it's a pretty step-by-step process.

OH. And re-download from the link you were given. Changes were made to both the core client and the launcher. (It's built in a similar fashion to the WoW client. There's a launcher, and then the game client).

Comment

I had the same problem with the updater, I had to manually change the path and then once I did change the path the updater is saying that it was the wrong path for it the launch WoW, which I had to do manually. Zygor did load in game but for some reason I can not figure out why it wont launch from the updater.

Comment

I would like to be part of the testing, brand new powerbook.

Comment

I'm running Mac osx 10.6.8 (yes I know but there wasn't anything in lion or mountain lion I wanted)
            I'd be quite willing to test on an older version of the OS

Comment

Even with the path change showing in the options window, I still have to manually change the path to avoid an "invalid path" message when updating. When I change the path, the dialog that appears shows that the Updater is still pointing to the User directory rather than the root directory (MacHD). I have zero programming skills on the Mac so I can't offer an explanation - just reporting what I see.

I continue to have no problems with the updates once the path is set.

Comment

Ok, Java is installed and running, have clicked on the download link sent to me, which downloads the .jar file, try to run/open it and nothing. there is no obvious indication of anything downloading/updating, and there is no zygor launcher located on my HD

Mac OSX 10.6.8
                Java for Mac OSX 10.6 Update 16
                Last edited by bigdave; June 19, 2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: added software versions

Comment

Originally posted by aramiskc View Post
                  I had the same problem with the updater, I had to manually change the path and then once I did change the path the updater is saying that it was the wrong path for it the launch WoW, which I had to do manually. Zygor did load in game but for some reason I can not figure out why it wont launch from the updater.
                  What path was it by default, and what path did you change it to? (Basically what was wrong and what was right)

Comment

Originally posted by lance506 View Post
                    Even with the path change showing in the options window, I still have to manually change the path to avoid an "invalid path" message when updating. When I change the path, the dialog that appears shows that the Updater is still pointing to the User directory rather than the root directory (MacHD). I have zero programming skills on the Mac so I can't offer an explanation - just reporting what I see.

I continue to have no problems with the updates once the path is set.
                    What is the "dialog" that you are referring to? The textfield displaying the currently selected path? Or the file choosing window that appears? In the case of the file choosing directory, I don't manually set where it starts out, it just opens where ever it pleases. That dialog isn't meant to auto-detect your directory, it's meant for the user to manually find it because the client did not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave View Post
                      Ok, Java is installed and running, have clicked on the download link sent to me, which downloads the .jar file, try to run/open it and nothing. there is no obvious indication of anything downloading/updating, and there is no zygor launcher located on my HD

Mac OSX 10.6.8
                      Java for Mac OSX 10.6 Update 16
                      If you're searching for the file you downloaded, it would be ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar. This file is what you use every time you go to run the client, never needing to re-download it (in a perfect world). This loader prepares the main client and ensures that it is run under the correct environment.

So from what you said, I'm gathering that the loader successfully downloaded the ~5MB file, but it did not continue after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                        If you're searching for the file you downloaded, it would be ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar. This file is what you use every time you go to run the client, never needing to re-download it (in a perfect world). This loader prepares the main client and ensures that it is run under the correct environment.

So from what you said, I'm gathering that the loader successfully downloaded the ~5MB file, but it did not continue after that?
                        That's correct, the .jar file is successfully downloaded and shows in the downloads folder, however when trying to run it, all that happens is I get a new blank safari page, and nothing else.
                        I have checked to make sure there are no dialog boxes hidden, and pop ups are enabled

Comment

That's correct, the .jar file is successfully downloaded and shows in the downloads folder, however when trying to run it, all that happens is I get a new blank safari page, and nothing else.
                          I have checked to make sure there are no dialog boxes hidden, and pop ups are enabled
                          I'm speaking of the download that starts when you run the file that you downloaded from the link a Zygor Admin gave you. So we were on separate pages, and your issue comes before where I spoke of.

There should not be any browser pages opening unless you click a link from within the client itself.

So just making sure we are in fact on the same page, you downloaded a jar file from the link provided to you, and upon launching it, it opens a web page in safari instead of initiating a ~5MB download?

@All users: The dialog when it is downloading that ~5MB file I keep speaking of will be made pretty when the testing phase ends.

Comment

I'm speaking of the download that starts when you run the file that you downloaded from the link a Zygor Admin gave you. So we were on separate pages, and your issue comes before where I spoke of.

There should not be any browser pages opening unless you click a link from within the client itself.

So just making sure we are in fact on the same page, you downloaded a jar file from the link provided to you, and upon launching it, it opens a web page in safari instead of initiating a ~5MB download?

@All users: The dialog when it is downloading that ~5MB file I keep speaking of will be made pretty when the testing phase ends.
                            That's correct, the only actions I have taken are to download the .jar file and then to try and run it, on trying to run it all that happens is I get a blank safari page, but nothing else happens, no further downloads or dialogs appear

Comment

That's correct, the only actions I have taken are to download the .jar file and then to try and run it, on trying to run it all that happens is I get a blank safari page, but nothing else happens, no further downloads or dialogs appear
                              Very strange.

Could you open up a terminal (Located either on your app bar or in Applications/Utilities
                              From there, change to the directory that you saved ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar to.
                              • If you saved it in the Downloads folder of your user account, cd ~/Downloads
                              • If you saved it on your Desktop, cd ~/Desktop

From here, execute the command java -jar ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar

Once the program seems to have stopped outputting information (it should be very quick), could you select the output, right click, copy, and paste it in here?

*Sift through the output and censor out your name if it appears in a path if you so desire.

Let me know if any of this confused you, I'm more than willing to help you guys help me. You're all already doing us a huge favor!

Comment

Very strange.

Could you open up a terminal (Located either on your app bar or in Applications/Utilities
                                From there, change to the directory that you saved ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar to.
                                • If you saved it in the Downloads folder of your user account, cd ~/Downloads
                                • If you saved it on your Desktop, cd ~/Desktop

From here, execute the command java -jar ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar

Once the program seems to have stopped outputting information (it should be very quick), could you select the output, right click, copy, and paste it in here?

*Sift through the output and censor out your name if it appears in a path if you so desire.

Let me know if any of this confused you, I'm more than willing to help you guys help me. You're all already doing us a huge favor!
                                ok, ran as requested, here is the output

My-MacBook-Pro:~ Me$ cd ~/Downloads/
                                My-MacBook-Proownloads Me$ java -jar ZygorGuidesUpdater.jar
                                Using java version 1.6.0_51 from the home directory /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
                                Our OS is Mac OS X
                                Running JRE installation.
                                We already installed our custom java. Directory: /var/folders/oL/oL0oGDs7G8Ca9vFgZA7cdE+++TI/-Tmp-/Zygor/java
                                Up to date
                                Executing [/var/folders/oL/oL0oGDs7G8Ca9vFgZA7cdE+++TI/-Tmp-/Zygor/java/jre7/bin/java, -jar, /var/folders/oL/oL0oGDs7G8Ca9vFgZA7cdE+++TI/-Tmp-/Zygor/Zygor.jar]
                                Launching Zygor Client
                                My-MacBook-Proownloads Me$

Apart from the output shown above, nothing else happened.

** Edit **
                                Now when trying to run the .jar file nothing happens (or not that I can see anyway)
                                Last edited by bigdave; June 19, 2013, 03:10 PM. Reason: updates

Comment

Working...
                                X