OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Mac Users: Zygor Guides Needs Your Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Mac Users: Zygor Guides Needs Your Help!

If you are a Mac user and would like to help test Zygor Guides all new Mac client please leave a comment in this thread and include what version of the OS you are currently running.

Your help is much appreciated as we work to provide a better experience for our Mac customers.
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 5, 2014, 08:33 AM.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

I would love try be one of the beta testers for the new mac client
    I run the latest version of OS X considering I just got my mac YESTERDAY! lol

Comment

Hey,

Mac OS X 10.7.5

Thanks!

Comment

am running OS X 10.8.3

Comment

I would like to help. Running OS X 10.8.3, latest iMac.

Comment

First Impression

First impression is very good. The only problem I have discovered so far is cosmetic: the choice buttons in the dialogs show only the first letter of the choice followed by ellipses.

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 11.30.20 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-06-15 at 11.30.29 PM.jpg

Comment

Seems that the size they were requested to be is too small when it is put onto another OS. I have a little trick that will make that work as intended while maintaining the current size. Hopefully

Let us know if any other quirks pop up. The main thing that needs testing is the updating of the guides itself and the general usability of the client. When I say usability, I mean things such as your settings being stored and loaded properly, the client does exactly what it should be doing, it doesn't get stuck, etc...

Comment

I have now tried every option and clicked on every link. Everything seems to be working properly. The only setting issues might be that the default paths for the WoW folder and the app (or launcher) do not point to the usual installation path. My updater defaults to an Applications folder in the User folder. The actual path should be to the Applications folder at the root directory. Although easily changed, this might be confusing to some.

Comment

I'm 100% unaware as to what the default path is for Mac Users. I searched around and what you see is what I was able to find. If it's incorrect, I'm completely open for having it changed. You know better than I do for that

Comment

Default Mac path is MacHD>Applications>World of Warcraft.

MacHD would be the equivalent of the C: drive in Windows.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

That should be what I have it as, give or take a MacHD

Comment

Anyone using the current java client will be seeing their clients break momentarily while I make a few server-sided changes. It will get stuck on telling you that a new version of the client is available when there really isn't (yet)

You can update, but it won't go away.

jk it's probably going to break a lot worse until i push the update for you guys.

Back up and running. Please re-download the client from the links you were messaged with.

Comment

The correct path is:

Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft

The default I get from the updater is:

Macintosh HD/Users/(user name)/Applications/World of Warcraft

Notes:
                          1. Macintosh HD is the default name of the built in main storage (as Cabby says equivalent to the C: drive in Windows
                          2. Applications are not stored by user - they are stored at the root level of the main storage

Hope this is helpful. I can't find anything else that doesn't work perfectly in the updater. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                            That should be what I have it as, give or take a MacHD
                            Without the MacHD the system will default to the User directory. MacHD must be specified.

Comment

I have Mac's running 10.8.4 and a newer OS as well. I would be happy to beta the new client software.

Comment

Working...
                              X