How do we 'send' faults in Gear Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we 'send' faults in Gear Guide?

I found a fault in the Gear Guides (Trial ver) recommendation. It does not recognize when users are using items that are part of a "set" of items. It keeps wanting to replace components of that set with other stuff, which messes up the entire set.

The pop-up screen says to "Send these details to support@zygor.com or to post them in the forum, but there's no way to copy that long list of data!

How is it supposed to be done, easily?
    -- screenshot --
    gear-guide-reports.jpg

You click in the screen with the bug report (bottom right one in your picture) so that you get the cursor in there. Then you press Ctrl + A to select all the text and then Ctrl + C to copy it all to your clipboard. Once that's done you either come here to the forums to post it or you send it in via email. Either way just use Ctrl + V to paste all the content of your clipboard to where you are typing.

As for your main concern, you are correct in that the gear system does not currently take any set bonuses into consideration and will only judge gear choices on their main stats. Unless you are in end game raid gear (T14 and T15 sets) the set bonuses really don't mean anything because you'll be replacing that gear at some point anyway. In all honesty you really shouldn't worry about the set bonuses until you are max level. The small amount of bonus you get from them while leveling makes no difference in your leveling speed and survivability.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      You click in the screen with the bug report (bottom right one in your picture) so that you get the cursor in there. Then you press Ctrl + A to select all the text and then Ctrl + C to copy it all to your clipboard. Once that's done you either come here to the forums to post it or you send it in via email. Either way just use Ctrl + V to paste all the content of your clipboard to where you are typing.

As for your main concern, you are correct in that the gear system does not currently take any set bonuses into consideration and will only judge gear choices on their main stats. Unless you are in end game raid gear (T14 and T15 sets) the set bonuses really don't mean anything because you'll be replacing that gear at some point anyway. In all honesty you really shouldn't worry about the set bonuses until you are max level. The small amount of bonus you get from them while leveling makes no difference in your leveling speed and survivability.
      Thank you, Cabby! I had no idea about the CTRL-A, etc. I tried selecting the text in the normal fashion, but couldn't select anything to copy! Once again, a NOTE added to that screen would have saved me time and would save other users time, as well. In normal bug reports, there's an option to "click to select the text."

You said:
      "In all honesty you really shouldn't worry about the set bonuses until you are max level. The small amount of bonus you get from them while leveling makes no difference in your leveling speed and survivability."

Does that mean that my use of the 'set' items is actually less desirable than if I would choose individual components compared to the 'set' item components? I'm current at almost level 68, but have been using most of that 'set' since early on. Just wondering?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

For the set bonuses what I mean is that using a set or doing a mix and match of other pieces will normally even out when leveling. You might have a slightly better Int rating using the set for the bonus, but a bunch of other random pieces combined could most likely give you that same total Int rating. And since you're still leveling it won't take long before any gear you have equipped will be replaced anyway. If you're 68 now that means you'll soon be hitting Northrend and at that point you will be replacing all of your gear or you won't be able to survive long. So my main point is that set bonuses are not worth fusing over while you're in the leveling process because the gear will just get replaced anyway.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Kinda' makes me wonder what Blizzard was thinking (and, that happens often!). The last piece to be added to the set I have isn't even available for use until char level 68! So, by the time the set is completed, it is obsolete! That makes no sense to me. Why do they deliberately waste our time? I know that you don't know, and neither do I. Blizzard also presents stupid quest-reward items for users to choose from and 90% of the time do not match the class of character which completes the quest! For instance, as a Mage (wearing only Cloth), Blizzard continually offers a choice of 4 different pieces of Mail or Plate armor! Geeesh. They could offer something valuable to the person's character-type instead. The game "knows" that I'm playing a Mage!!!

Or, at least make it sellable and not soulbound!
          Enough grumbling.

Comment

Many older sets are only in the game for style reasons. With transmogrification you can apply the look of those items on newer items.

About the quest rewards. Blizzard worked on that with Pandaria so that you get more stuff for your class.
            One problem is the expectation of the player. Just take a look at the amount of quests inside a zone. There are sometimes more than 100 quests. And you carry 16 items.
            If you only get stuff for your class you would usually get more than 5 items of the same type with mostly the same stats inside one zone. In that case it is better to mix it a bit, especially when for example a Rogue can get a two handed weapon which gives more gold when selling than a dagger which is usless because you already got two in the last 30 minutes.

BTW, the loot system gets worse if you start using the LFR. Some people get their character completely equipped in 2 weeks while I only got 2 useful items in 4 months...

Comment

Working...
            X