concentrated fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concentrated fear

i think they should be a warning about this quest. this falls definitely under the header of impossible step for a solo player.

I've done this with both a hunter and pally solo. You really need to pay attention to when they're casting and do what you can to avoid the fear being cast. On the hunter that was easy enough because they'd fear the pet instead of me and then I'd just work on any adds, on the pally I would just interrupt the casting. Yeah, I did get feared a couple of times on the pally when not paying attention but I'm very good with doing groups of mobs on the pally so it wasn't too bad. Only time I really had any problems with the pally was when I got feared into other fearshapers and had 3 or 4 of them all fearing me. But I did solo this with 2 toons so I know it can be done. What class are you using that you're having a problem with?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

as a 89 feral druid. i must admit i cannot see when they are going to cast fear. i should pay better attention.

Comment

The quests in Dread Wastes are often a bit nasty, that's why I never skip a zone so am level 90 before reaching DW.

So far I was able to do all leveling guide quests with 5 classes, Mage, Monk, Priest, Death Knight and Warrior. And I can't remember having more trouble than usual with these mobs, even with the casters. Just look through your spellbook what crowd control spells you have and what you have to regain control.
        And as suggested by people at wowhead clear a certain spot where you can kite the mob to so you won't get feared into more enemies.

Comment

i was trying to divide the quests achievements between toons. but dreadwastes is indeed very tough when you are not 90 yet.

Comment

Yeah, like Cartman I have always been 90 before I started in Dread Wastes so that could help out. As a feral druid you do have the Skull Bash (I think that's what it was) to use for interrupting casting, and also if you have a root (forget if feral druid has a root available) you can use that when you see them start to cast and should be able to run out of range of the fear before it lands.

To help spot when they are casting a spell try using something like IceHud or one of the other addons that tracks mob casting to display it on screen at an easy spot to see it.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

those are good tips guys. thank you!

Comment

Well, Cabs "I have always been 90 before I started in Dread Wastes" gratz with ur marvelous accomplishment and skill etc. , but when you're done being all braggery and ego-trippy, is there anything really useful you could to add for those who followed the guide to the letter (like I have) and arrive at this step at lvl 89, after all, accuracy and reliability is what most people rely on when using any type of "guide", or did you just feel like making the OP (and myself, for that matter) feel utterly inadequate and noobish (without using the actual words ofc., that would be considered rude and a bit elitist jerkish, right?)

Forgive me for being like this, but I've been at this quest waayy too long already, and when I finally decide to have a look in Zygors forums to see what the experienced staff members have to say the first comment of such a staff member kinda says "it's not really a hard quest, I have soloed it on 2 toons sooo ..." not helping m8

I wonder what you guys at ZG were on when you decided to "suggest" this quest for lvl 89's without even the slightest hint that it might be a bit overwhelming to get jumped by 5, 6, 7 "fear mongers" and an army of adds

I have read tips on strategy for much less intense quest objectives, maybe you kinda knew that "pray" or "good luck" wouldn't really be appreciated by all your customers? Hmm?

Comment

You are clearly frustrated, and I feel for you. However, necro'ing a 15 month old thread just to lash out is not going to get you anywhere.

What toon are you trying this quest on? Where do you think you have the biggest amount of trouble on with the quest? Is it being feared into mobs? Is it interrupting the cast (if you can interrupt)?

Give us something constructive, and perhaps someone with experience on your toon can offer you some advise with this quest.

Cheers.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I think you missed the point except from me being "clearly frustrated", so I will try to be more clear
                    It all started with Dread Wastes step one, it has players actually run through a zone that will (almost) certainly get 'm killed at least once, to get to coords where there's no rope at all

After dealing with that little inconvenience by following the advice on another site, there suddenly turns out to be another way to get up on the wall
                    Anyway, I know all about positional awareness, interrupts and CC etc, but I just wasn't really charmed with the whole "if you have trouble with this quest, ur not trying hard enough" air of Cabby's 1st reply and then discovering that his "accomplishment" wasn't much of an accomplishment after all since he did the quest at lvl 90
                    That's all

Comment

Doing that quest at 90 vs. 89 has very little relevance. Doing that zone at 90 vs. 89 makes almost no difference. The only thing that will really make any difference is the gear you have equipped. Blizzard made that zone to kill players. There are very few people who can quest in Dread Wastes (even at 90) and not die. This zone is dominated by a swarm of insects and it's a common occurrence to have a single pull quickly spiral out of control and turn into 6 mobs on you.

As for this particular quest, the best advice I could give is to find a relatively safe spot near 1 or two of the fearing bugs, keep that spot clear of other bugs and do single pulls to that spot. Make sure you hit the interrupt and you should be ok. It's when you miss the interrupt or when another bug comes wandering along that everything goes belly up.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

A bigger influence on the difficulty is the class you play rather than teh question of level 89 versus level 90.
                        Some classes have bigger problems questing in Pandaria than others. Mage and Balance Druid were a pain while Hunter and DK faceroll through Pandaria like through any zone before.

If you have difficulties with a certain quest feel free to ask here for hints. There were quite some general hints for this quest in the first answers. If this did not help you, what else can we do?
                        No one said this quest is easy and everyone who has a problem with it isn't dumb. We only wanted to point out that this quest can be done with any class.

If you want the easy mode I recommend you always stick to a zone unless the quests turn grey. That's the way I play the game because it's not much slower but more relaxing.
                        Always skipping directly to the next zone is the hard mode.
                        Sadly, because Blizzard reduced the dufficulty level of the 1-85 content to zero, there's no more challenge that prepares the players for the 85-90 content.
                        Last edited by Kamchak; June 30, 2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Forgive me but, how could you possibly be level 89 if you followed the guides to the letter? Dread Wastes is the last zone in MoP and with the 5.4 XP reduction to hit 90 (like 30% less XP required now), you should be 90 after clearing 3 1/2 zones in MoP and Dread Wastes is the absolute last zone as I recall.

As to the specifics of this quest and how it is managed in the guides, my only complaint is the way it is waypointed, as mentioned in a previous comment, there is a better way to get to where you need to be but this is something Zygor guides has always had a problem with, their waypointing system is not effective (you need look no further than Jade Forest and setting the 3 ships on fire near the first half of the guide, the way it is waypointed always screws me over such that I am unable to finish the quest because Blizzard phases a wall that prevents you from going back to the quest giver - I end up having a guild person pick me up and take me to the quest giver or contacting Blizzard support).
                          Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                          Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

If you always skip to the next zone when the guide suggests to do sou you will start Dread Wastes with 30% into level 89. I'm not sure that the XP from that point on until the that particular quest will be enough to reach level 90. Keep in mind that not everyone has rested or guild bonus or Darkmoon Faire buff.

About the mentioned quest in Jade Forest, is it Alliance or Horde? Apart from the Alliance gyrocopter quest I can't remember having another quest to set ships on fire. I remember that the gyrocopter in front of the quest NPC on the skyship has a large hitbox so that you need to move around a few meters to get behind it. But nothing you need help with, I did that with about 15 Alliance characters...

Comment

Working...
                            X