the farmer's daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the farmer's daughter

in the valley of the four winds. when you tell her let's get you back home, the arrow points to the wrong exit, bring you in the midst of even more killer-rabbits. this quest is already ridiculously difficult as it is (and i have good gear). no need to aggro more.

Trying to remember this one off the top of my head. Is there also a quest right there to kill a certain number of those rabbits? It's possible we have you going thru the other exit so that you can get to more rabbits to kill to make sure you have the total needed dead.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

no, i don't think so. anyway, i think everybody should postpone this zone until maybe level 90. the idea of killer -rabbits is supposed to be funny, but when you keep dying you will probably not laugh that hard.

Comment

Just toss in a holy hand-grenade.

Monty Python reference if you're not familiar with the show. Couldn't resist.

Do you remember the name of the quest or is The Farmer's Daughter the name of the quest?

Comment

it is the name of the quest. and i loved monty python!

Comment

Ok, it looks like we're directing you to exit at the same spot you entered. Wouldn't that normally be easier since you've already done some clearing on the way in?

Comment

the exits it points to is the farthest from the place where to turn in the quest. and i did not enter through that exit, so it was all mean angry rabbits!

and please do something about the gear guide, it just wanted to replace a 420 ilevel item with a 119 one. and no, it was not better suited to the class. it has never been that bad!
              Last edited by hachem; February 17, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hmm, the guide is showing entering and exiting that cave at the same coordinates so I'm not sure why you entered and exited at two different spots.

For the gear suggestion, could you please tell me what you had equipped, what it was suggesting, and what your class and talent spec is?

Comment

I think I know where the problem is and I also go another route at this step.
                  You accept the quest at the farm from farmer Mudclaw.
                  The waypoint for the cave entrance and exit is pretty far southwest.
                  But there's another entrance to the cave directly to the west of the farmer, about 50 meters or so.
                  From what I saw so far this entrance seems to be the better choice as you can clean the way through the cave better than clean a way outside on the fields.

Comment

So you would suggest that the entrance and exit point for that cave be moved to the spot just west of the farmer?

Comment

i am sorry but i mailed the low level items to my warlock for disenchanting. it was not the first time though, and i will write it down immediately when and if it happens again

Comment

Yes, please do. Knowing what was equipped, what was suggested, and what your class and spec are will help the dev team a lot toward tracking down these odd suggestions and getting them fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          So you would suggest that the entrance and exit point for that cave be moved to the spot just west of the farmer?
                          Yes, I think it would be best to go into the tunnel at 43.5,35.3 instead of the tunnel at 43,41 (which is 140 meters right into hostile territory).
                          The enter and exit steps are 109 and 112.
                          I'd also recommend to put the step to collect the rest of the 100 teeth after leaving the cave.
                          A "while inside the cave" non goal information can be included in step 110 (the turnin and accept in the cave).

This quest is very nasty for inexperienced players and even I died one or two times while doing this with my various characters...
                          No coordinates are needed, outside around the cave are more than enough mobs.

Oh, and between step 106 and 107 a step with "go up the path here" and the coordinates 45.7,32.3 can be helpful so that players don't try to cross the bridge or go the straight way right through the enemies.

Comment

Ok, added to the list to get re-worked right there.

Comment

thanks for making those changes for completing that ugly monster bunny quest. That was brutal to do on a squishy Mage. After the first bad experience, I would leave that Farmer's Daughter quest untl I reached level 90. Then I stood a fair chance of surviving through the quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X