Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Recommended Gear

Hi,

I just bought the dungeon and gear guide and I'm playing a monk healer. I have CraneDancer's Staff (ilvl 450) however it recommends switching to Crescent Moon (a 1H item of ilvl 378) which simply is not better. BUT, even worse, all it does is recommend End Time Heroic as my next dungeon -- all the time -- because I can't stop it thinking the 1H is better than my 2H and that's all it ever recommends now

This is, effectively, negating the point of the guide completely because it never tells me to run anything other than an instance from an old expansion.

Can somebody please help me tell it to stop this so i can move on and enjoy this guide?

Many thanks in advance,
    Nicki
    xxx

Are you using the latest guide version. I know the dev team have been working on this kind of issue so that it should try to be more respectful of the type of weapon you already have equipped. The 1h weapon does not score higher than the 2h you have equipped so it should not be recommending it at all.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

About the dungeon suggestion, on my Monk it does not suggest any dungeon. May be because even my heal equipment is itemlevel 456.
      Do you have the MoP guide upgrades? You can check this in the members section here or in the list of guides in the updater.

Also I checked what happens if I buy a green itemlevel 393 one hand intellect weapon and it correctly does not suggest to equip it. Don't know what's happening with your stuff. Just in case, check that you have the latest guide version installed, also look at the version number in the guide selection screen ingame if it matches the version number in the updater, maybe the updater installs guide updates into a wrong addons folder.

Comment

The only way this should be possible is if you have an amazing offhand to go along with the 1h weapon so that the combine stats of the 1h + oh combination is better than staff.

If you can take a screen shot of it I might be able to give you some more information as to what is going on. Or you can always just hit the decline button and it shouldn't suggest the item anymore to you.

We are still trying to work out a few quirks in the system so thanks for your help and patience.

Comment

Thank you for the replies however: -

Apologies, perhaps I wasn't making myself clear - it's not whilst leveling, I am already level 90 and looking to run heroics to improve my gear - it's in my character screen when I click on the Zygor Gear Finder button and look to see what I should be improving next and, by extension, what instance Zygor Gear Finder recommends.

It keeps recommending my next instance should be End Time to obtain Crescent Moon which is not an upgrade for me (see original post at the top of this thread for iLVL comparisons) -- and because the Gear Finder seems to give priority to this item above all other upgrades available to me, it never moves on and is, therefore, pointless really until I can get it to ignore that item (and, therefore recommend my "next best" instance) because it never says anything other than "We recommend End Time as your next Instance to get a main hand weapon that is worse than your current 2H staff".

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance for the help, hope I have made things more clear

By the way, the rest of the guides are awesome!

Screenshots: -
          What Instance Zygor Recommends Next (End Time Heroic)
          Capture.JPG

What Item Zygor Recommends As A Weapon Upgrade (Crescent Moon). (Yes, I realise it also thinks the Headmaster's Will Staff is an upgrade as well but it's a DPS staff really and, anyway, that's a moot point because it's the Instance thing that is stuck and that's because of the Crescent Moon.)
          Capture2.JPG

PS - I bought the Dungeon and Gear guide yesterday to add onto the other Zygor Guide Modules I have been enjoying for a long time so everything is working and up to date. Additionally, I do not have any offhand on me, or in my bank, to complement the aforementioned Crescent Moon

PPS - I have attached a screenshot showing the version of my guide, I believe this is the correct, latest one.
          Capture3.JPG

Comment

I looked into this and was able to find a few things out. The reason End Time is suggested as the best dungeon is because very single item comes from a different dungeon. We select the best dungeon by which one has the most suggested items out of it. So since they are all 1 item, it selects the last one, in this case End Time.

So since you know that the best dungeon is messed up at the moment, you can just look at all of the suggestions and see which dungeon they are dropped in (orange box on the right when you hover over the item) and run the appropriate dungeons.

As for why Crescent Moon is suggested. Since it is difficult to compare 2h weapons to 1h weapons, we just find the best of each that is available and suggest that and leave the choice of 2h vs 1h+oh up to the user. So it is possible that Crescent Moon is the best 1h weapon available (though I doubt it). I will have to look into it more to see why no MoP weapons were suggested, there might be some data that we are missing.

Comment

OK, it wasn't clear to me that the problem occurs in the gear suggestion screen.
              I checked the recommendation on my Monk at I get the same result.
              I then looked at wowhead to see what one hand weapons are available for Monk healers in dungeons and there are not many but the top two are in the Zygor data:
              http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...85:75:60:50:40

One problem seems to be that the guide does not suggest of hand items. So it always shows the selection of one hand and two hand weapons. However there are still two good one hand weapons for Monk healers so this should be looked into.

Edit: Looks like there's only one offhand dropping in the Brewery:
              http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-5?fi...3;crv=0:0;ma=1

Comment

Zygor Dev 2 - OK, thanks for looking into it. If you could address that issue it would be much appreciated because it is quite frustrating to buy the guide only for it to be stuck the first time I use it.

Cartman - thanks for the links to the items, I'll run Gate of the Setting Sun to see if I can get that item to drop, presumably the Zygor guide will come unstuck once it realises I have something better in my main hand and will move on.

Cheers both.

Comment

One thing I thought of is does the guide recommend reputation/JP/VP items? Would be kinda nice if it worked by analyzing your current item level then checking available dungeons & all gear obtainable by that level and showing you options with maybe a recommended item or something for noobs.

Everyone should be climbing their BiS slot ladder. Oh and once you're there does this guide transition to lfr/raid gear?

Comment

The guide only covers dungeon / heroic dungeon gear so in general itemlevel 463 is the highest the guide recommends (except maybe one or two epics that drop in heroic dungeons).

The problem with LFR equip is that it depends very much on luck if and when you get a certain item so the current guide functionality showing only one item upgrade for each slot is not sufficient.
                    I for example tried to get the Claws of Shek'zeer and tier 14 helmet or breast for over 3 months now without luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X