using alt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using alt

I use a gatherer to get my alts mats is there a way of gettin the mats needed for the professions being leveled?

What you can do is on your gathering alt load up the professions guide that you will be using on your crafting alt. Then just step thru the guide and use the farming steps to know what you need to gather and how much.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

not sure if this is a bug but on my farming alt using the Inscription guide, try to step through the guide to where my crafting alt is at and the farming alt's guide will not go to it skip to complete. My craft toon is 505 need mats of the rain poppy and others to make the next things to 600, I've tried to use the ctrl alt deal to step and the step never shows on my farm alt, that i see in my crafting alt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm not finding any farming paths for rain poppy in our guides so we'll have to see about getting that added in.

The best way to farm the rain poppy is to go to Jade Forest and just follow the main river that runs thru there from the NW to the SE. The rain poppy nodes are always near the water so just flying up and down that main river should do great for finding the rain poppy to farm.

Comment

More information. The horde inscription guide loads 500 - 600 leveling guide on my crafting, where as the problem is that my farm alt doesn't get to load that guide cause of just being a gather. So, the question is can i get my farm alt to load the Inscription guide that loads for the 500 -600 level of inscription, that shows you need mats of poppy, tea, silk, snow lilies, and fool's caps. Plus are all of the profession guide that skip to areas going to cause some minor bumps to my farming toon? Again your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

We do have separate farming guides in the Professions section that are independent of the other guides that can be used in most cases to make it easier. They do not have the needed numbers for how many items to farm so you'd need to know that, but they can be used for just farming stuff after you have finished leveling a profession.

If you want to use the profession guide and the farming routes in that load it up at step 1 and then hold the Ctrl + Alt keys while clicking on the next step button. This will take a bit longer to get thru the guide but it will let you see every step in the guide so you can get to the exact same step without having been working the profession.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              We do have separate farming guides in the Professions section that are independent of the other guides that can be used in most cases to make it easier. They do not have the needed numbers for how many items to farm so you'd need to know that, but they can be used for just farming stuff after you have finished leveling a profession.

If you want to use the profession guide and the farming routes in that load it up at step 1 and then hold the Ctrl + Alt keys while clicking on the next step button. This will take a bit longer to get thru the guide but it will let you see every step in the guide so you can get to the exact same step without having been working the profession.
              This isn't working. This has been the case for both leatherworking and inscription for 500+ level crafting, but as I'm currently working on inscription, I'll use that as the example. On my inscription toon, Zygor's is showing me on step 3 of "Inscription 500-600 Leveling". On my farming toon, I have no way of getting to "Inscription 500-600 Leveling", I am stuck with the "Inscription 1-600" leveling guide which at step 204 "redirects to Inbscription finale". Attempting to ctrl+alt at this point never gets me to any counter code, and eventually I hit step 215, which says "In order to complete this professions to level 600, please purchase the Mists of Pandaria upgrade of this guide". I HAVE purchased this upgrade, otherwise my inscriptionist wouldn't be seeing the 500-600 leveling section.

Moreover, the farming guide is useless for this purpose, as what I NEED is the counter so I don't have to either farm with bags open so I can observe how many of whatever I need I currently have, or am forced to keep opening and closing bags and trying to count while competing with other farmers. Routes are great, but I've never had a problem finding my own route once I know what general areas I need to focus on.

It looks like because my gathering toon doesn't have inscription it isn't being allowed to access the advanced guide. PLEASE modify whatever code is responsible for barring access for gatherers to the respective non-gathering code, as this is a serious PITA for those of us who don't closely couple gathering and non-gathering skills for whatever reason.

EDIT: HUZZAH! While the guide will always automatically skip over the final entry, and will never show you any of the 500-600 level guides if you don't have the skill automatically, you CAN specify 500-600 in the search query, which will then bring up these guides and allow you to manually load them. Voila, proper counters and everything. Problem solved. Excellent product.
              Last edited by whysocrazy88; April 20, 2013, 09:24 PM. Reason: Resolved the issue

Comment

If you want that counter and to use a Profession guide on a toon without the profession another thing you can do is hold the Ctrl+Alt keys to step thru the guide without having to worry about not having the required profession.

Comment

Working...
                X