No announcement yet.

Carbonite no longer working with Zygor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that annoys me about the internal one is that it never goes away when I close the guide window.

Comment

We are aware of that bug Bomyne and we will get it fixed.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

btw. are you maybe going to be a little more detailed in your patchnotes?
        I mean, i can update everytime, just to see its still screwed, and copy my backup over the zygor-root
        But it would be nice to know before "what you did break this time" ;-) I am just kidding here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
          The only thing that annoys me about the internal one is that it never goes away when I close the guide window.
          That's fixed now.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Timeline For Carbonite Integration?

Happy Holidays guys,

I know you are likely taking time to spend with your family and relaxing. I'm doing the same. Would be really nice to do some leveling on my alts with Carbonite and Zygor. Any idea when we will see the roll back/integration put into Zygor? Thanks for making such a great product!

Comment

Same issues as others above. Now to add to this I don't know if this has anything to do with the addon itself or Carbonite. However is there a way to show the goto routes and ant trails onto the minimap of carbonite. I tried merging the two through the carbonite addon settings, but no change. I can continue to use the WoW minimap at the top-right if I have to. However the carbonite minimap can be enlarged and easier to see.

P.S. - sorry if this was an off topic question and/or problem.

Comment

Guys,

It's been over six weeks since this was changed/broken and three weeks since I inquired about when Zygor and carbonite were going to be able to work together again. I see you are rolling out updates seemingly daily fixing all sorts of stuff that for me personally really doesn't matter much and I appreciate that you all are very busy, but this is a Major issue I'm struggling with daily WRT to the product.

Comment

We did put it back to the functionality that was previously there with using the Carbonite arrow about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The option is at the bottom of the Waypointing option page.

Comment

Outstanding!

Never got the memo.
                    Thanks Cabby!

Looks great Zygor!

Comment

Originally posted by barracuda View Post
                      btw. are you maybe going to be a little more detailed in your patchnotes?
                      Here's a TYPICAL example of Zygor's Log file:

"[B] Reputations/DailiesFixed minor issues and bugs

[H] Reputations/Dailies
                      Fixed all known issues with the Dominance Offensive

[H] Leveling
                      Fixed reported issues with quest objectives

[A] Leveling
                      Added in two additional quests to Northrend"

God forbid that some new person would have to take over the job of fixing things based upon information like this. The new person would have no idea whatsoever the previous person had done, where it was done, etc.

We users have no idea at all whether any particular thing important to us has been fixed, or not.

It's just too vague to be a meaningful "LOG" of changes to anyone. But, it's convenient for the poster to do it that way to save time. Let's all hope that singular person stays with Zygor forever. Nobody else would know what or where anything done to the code was located or actually fixed.

Comment

Kreelor, please think before you post stuff you have no idea about. With the SVN system being used anyone on the Zygor team can easily look and see exactly what was changed and where, without even looking at the change log notes. I could look at a version from last year in the SVN and tell you exactly which lines of code were changed in which files, even tho I'm not involved in any of those changes. We could just as easily remove the change log completely and push out updates. The team does not need the change log, it's used just to give you a quick over-view of what's in the update.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          Kreelor, please think before you post stuff you have no idea about. With the SVN system being used anyone on the Zygor team can easily look and see exactly what was changed and where, without even looking at the change log notes. I could look at a version from last year in the SVN and tell you exactly which lines of code were changed in which files, even tho I'm not involved in any of those changes. We could just as easily remove the change log completely and push out updates. The team does not need the change log, it's used just to give you a quick over-view of what's in the update.
                          No need to be rude about it (2 wrongs dont make it right).

Internally, for those that werent aware, they use an SVN system. Nice.

Now I wonder why only a few months ago it was stated that only one person could make changes to the addon and now that story has changed.

A bit more specificity would be nice in the changelog but I understand all this stuff takes a bit of time.
                          Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                          Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

I don't remember myself or anyone saying that only one person could make changes. That aside, we have people who work on the lua code for the addon and we have people who work on the guide side of things. To keep everyone on the same page there is normally only one person who will compile the change log and 'push the button' to push the updates out to the customers. Since he's often busy with a lot of other things the change log is normally just quick notes for what has changed. There are others who will also 'push the button' if needed to get an important fix released when he's not available, but this does not happen very often and this is normally when you will see nothing in the change log because it was a quick fix that was needed to repair something that was broken and affects everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X