Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on leveling path through Pandaria

Hey guys,

I'm new to Zygors and loving it but I had a question on the leveling path chosen through pandaria.

It seems I'm simply questing out zones and I'm wondering if this is the path zygors intends or if I'm just not getting the zone switch command. My friends tell me that I should dump quests as soon as I gain a level and move on to the next zone but I'm wondering if that is the quickest path.

Great guide. thanks

We have you questing out the zones to make sure that everything is unlocked properly in the subsequent zones. You could easily do as your friend suggests but if you do so then you run a greater risk of not being able to accept quests that the guides direct you to do.

Leveling time in Pandaland is pretty much the same if you quest out a zone or jump ahead and work on the next zone when you ding. Quest rewards will still be the same for the quests even if you get a few levels above the quest and the guides are based more around quest reward xp vs. mob killing xp.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The only thing I would suggest is. Once you hit level 89, or maybe a little before. Switch to the Dread Wastes guide.
      Why you ask ?
      Simply because the gear from that area will put you in a good spot for dungeons.
      If you have no intention of going through dungeons then please ignore this and carry on as the guide dictates

Comment

On the other hand questing in Dread Wastes is much easier if you can fly.
        Luckily my chars hit level 90 before going there.

I heard from others that it is possible to skip Townlong or parts of Kun-Lai. But this can cause trouble later on when you want to unlock factions.
        BTW, with the commendation bonus I easily hit Revered with the Klaxxi in one day and I'm also Revered with the Shado-Pan by questing Kun-Lai and Townlong and doing the dailies once.

Comment

Indeed flying does make Dread, and all zones easier. Also, the commendations are making alt rep grinds so much easier. Totally a great thing added by Blizz there. Not as good as account wide rep mind

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            We have you questing out the zones to make sure that everything is unlocked properly in the subsequent zones. You could easily do as your friend suggests but if you do so then you run a greater risk of not being able to accept quests that the guides direct you to do.

Leveling time in Pandaland is pretty much the same if you quest out a zone or jump ahead and work on the next zone when you ding. Quest rewards will still be the same for the quests even if you get a few levels above the quest and the guides are based more around quest reward xp vs. mob killing xp.
            I would second what cabby said. I made the mistake of skipping to a new zone when I leveled my Paladin. By the time I was half way though Kunlai, I was struggling. I was way undergeared for where I should have been. And probably a little under leveled too.

Not as good as account wide rep mind
            I don't think account wide rep would ever work. If I become hated by Booty Bay (In order to get the title related to the pirates), then it'd make leveling in STV by alts harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
              I don't think account wide rep would ever work. If I become hated by Booty Bay (In order to get the title related to the pirates), then it'd make leveling in STV by alts harder.
              I think it would not be a problem for Blizzard to limit account wide stuff..

There are only two Pandaria factions where daily quests are a real pain. Shado-Pan and August Celestials.
              Lotus is not a big problem as with the commendation you get all quest hubs unlocked pretty fast.
              Getting Shado-Pan to revered is also not a big problem, only when you want to get to exalted as some of the daily quests are very annoying.
              And August Celestials has no quests while leveling and very few daily quests, it takes weeks to get exalted there.

Comment

It is one of the arguments that Blizzard have made about account wide reps. I don't think it washes tbh. You could make 99% of reps account wide. With only a few staying character specific. It may happen one day

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                I think it would not be a problem for Blizzard to limit account wide stuff..

There are only two Pandaria factions where daily quests are a real pain. Shado-Pan and August Celestials.
                Lotus is not a big problem as with the commendation you get all quest hubs unlocked pretty fast.
                Getting Shado-Pan to revered is also not a big problem, only when you want to get to exalted as some of the daily quests are very annoying.
                And August Celestials has no quests while leveling and very few daily quests, it takes weeks to get exalted there.
                Yeah. The Celestials were a long grind. Glad I got them all to exalted. The only rep I have not bothered with is Nat Pagle. Now that one is a real killer one. Not my idea of fun at all. If the fish were account bound it would not be so bad as I could level up fishing on my alts while catching the quest fish. But doing on one char. No thanks

Comment

Cabby - just wondering how it can be just as fast to quest out a zone versus jumping ahead. There is a pretty huge difference in the xp for quest turn ins between Valley of the Four Winds (130K), to Kun-Lai (160K), to Townlong (200K) to finally Dread Wastes (240K). It seems like that increase in quest xp would make it much faster to switch zones as soon as possible, unless it's really that much slower to complete the quests. Was curious if you guys had tried it both ways and timed it?

Comment

It's not so much about the XP and leveling speed as it is about making sure quests are properly unlocked. Yes you can level faster by moving to the next zone as soon as possible, but this can sometimes lead to the quests not all being unlocked like they should be. Another inherent problem is that Blizzard didn't put enough quests into Dread Wastes to take you from 89 to 90 so if you go there as soon as you hit 89 you could find yourself sitting with nothing to do and still 15% away from 90.

My understanding is that the team did turn on the skipping to the next guide aspect for MoP again and have tried to compensate for stuff the best they can but you still might run into some instances here and there where a quest might not be available, and for Dread Wastes we don't send you there until you've hit 30% into 89 to make sure you won't run out of the quests before hitting 90.

As for timing, I'm not sure about the content team for if they tried timing it both ways, but my personal experience running 2 toons thru Pandaland was that I didn't see any significant difference in time to level by questing out each zone. By this I mean it took me the same amount of time to do 89-90 as it did for me to do 85-86 and I was only about half way thru Townlong when I hit 90. Of course I'm not saying this is definitely the way to do it because I still have to run one thru skipping to the next zone as soon as I'm able to for testing times that way.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It's possible that the leveling times betweeen "easy mode" (zone by zone) and "challenge mode" (skipping as soon as possible) don't differ much because you can do easier quests faster due to mobs having less HP.
                      And what is easy and what not depends on the class and spec you are playing. I find the leveling process with my Warrior pretty easy while Arcane Mage was a pain (especially the Mogu in Krasarang were nasty opponents for the Mage).

Comment

It also probably depends if you are in a guild which gives you the xp bonus and use your banners when you can. These extra bonuses can really boost your xp if used correctly.
                        I personally just follow the guides until I hit 89 and go to Dread Wastes. I plan to actually go to Townlong at 88 on my next char and see how that pans out. In this way I gain the rep for both the Shado-Pan in Townlong and then the Klaxxi in Dread Wastes.
                        As always, each person will find their levelling a little different depending on their class and spec, and if their in a guild and use the banners. Also if DMF is up, you can get a nice 10% rep/xp bonus for an hour which again boosts your rep/xp gain.

Comment

I'll have to give it a try to extend time questing in some of the earlier zones. I've now leveled 8 different toons from 85 to 90 and have skipped ahead as soon as leveling on all of them. I've never had an issue with not being able to accept quests and have never run out of quests in Dread Waste. I have however, usually been playing with rested xp as well as guild xp bonus, so that may make the difference. There's been quite a difference in times between all of them (other than the first one which started at launch - those always end up being longer due to quest mob competition). My times have ranged from 21 to 25 hours, but it seemed to depend more on whether I was simultaneously leveling professions or not.

In any case, I'll give the delayed approach a try on my next couple of characters and see how the times compare.

Comment

Originally posted by davidcll View Post
                            Cabby - just wondering how it can be just as fast to quest out a zone versus jumping ahead. There is a pretty huge difference in the xp for quest turn ins between Valley of the Four Winds (130K), to Kun-Lai (160K), to Townlong (200K) to finally Dread Wastes (240K). It seems like that increase in quest xp would make it much faster to switch zones as soon as possible, unless it's really that much slower to complete the quests. Was curious if you guys had tried it both ways and timed it?
                            IMO gear is a major factor too. Look at my other post in this thread for the mistake i made

Also, if you have never paid attention to the story, do so on at least one char per side. MoP has a great story

Comment

Originally posted by davidcll View Post
                              I have however, usually been playing with rested xp as well as guild xp bonus, so that may make the difference.
                              Ah yeah. Forgot about that. That can add up nicely.

IMO gear is a major factor too. Look at my other post in this thread for the mistake i made

Also, if you have never paid attention to the story, do so on at least one char per side. MoP has a great story
                              Indeed. If you are struggling due to gear, your levelling will slow down.
                              Also agree regarding the story. I've really enjoyed the storyline in Pandaria.

Comment

Working...
                              X