This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested Item Upgrade Issues

With our latest rebuild of the gear system you should be getting much more accurate item upgrade recommendations. However, there might be a few complex cases where the gear system might give odd or incorrect suggestions. If you happen to come by any of these please report them in this thread and include as much information as you can such as:

* Post a screenshot of the Upgrade popup
    * Include the version of the Zygor Guide you are using. [Simply bring up the menu and look in the lower left corner for this]
    * Include what class and spec you are.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Captain. I'm a paladin, not a warlock.

Level 46 human protection paladin. The gear system keeps trying to equip [Pimgib's Collar]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdgrby_14XM

Comment

Bomyne, do you have another neck piece equipped?

Comment

Good thing that you made a sticky.

class : hunter
        spec : beastmaster
        bug : suggested me to equip an int gear over my agi gear
        See attachement file for detail
        Attached Files

Comment

Uh walina... both of those cloaks are Int gear cloaks. The reason the gear suggestion is for the blue one is because it has better armor and crit rating. Other than that the stats on both cloaks are for an Int class character. No Agi on either one.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My bad, though I made that mistake because the gear I actually have was suggested by the guide and I was using the autoequip feature ( the one with not asking any confirmation option) XD

So the gear guide still did made a mistake with autoequiping me with INT gear.
            Thanks Cabby for the notice, I will have to be more carefull.
            Last edited by walina; November 16, 2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I bet what happened was that the gear suggestion picked one of those cloaks with the Int because it had better armor to make it more valuable than what you might have already had on at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 2 View Post
                Bomyne, do you have another neck piece equipped?
                I do.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=12030

Jet Chain of Spirit is currently equiped.

Uh walina... both of those cloaks are Int gear cloaks. The reason the gear suggestion is for the blue one is because it has better armor and crit rating. Other than that the stats on both cloaks are for an Int class character. No Agi on either one.
                It's losing Stam though, which is a vital stat for hunters. (Stam affects your own health, and your health affects your pet health I believe)

Comment

We do not look at Sta for hunters. Yes it does add a little bit of health for the pets but it's not a lot. Our stat weights are based on the Noxxic recommendations and Noxxic does not include Sta in the stat priorities so we do not include Sta in our stat priority either. Hunters are a dps class so they need dps stats.

And I think Zygor Dev 2 meant to ask if you have any trinkets equipped? The Pimgib's Collar is a trinket item. Do you have both trinket slots filled?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    We do not look at Sta for hunters. Yes it does add a little bit of health for the pets but it's not a lot. Our stat weights are based on the Noxxic recommendations and Noxxic does not include Sta in the stat priorities so we do not include Sta in our stat priority either. Hunters are a dps class so they need dps stats.
                    Hunters can't survive without strong pets though. I've tried it. Without stam, it doesn't matter how much agility I had... My pet died quickly and I was next in line.

IMO, Stam should be on the weight list, after Agi, Crit, armor, etc but before intellect. Just my 2 copper though.

And I think Zygor Dev 2 meant to ask if you have any trinkets equipped? The Pimgib's Collar is a trinket item. Do you have both trinket slots filled?
                    No, I don't.

EDIT: Just had a look at the weight list for BM hunters. Stam and Armor are both on the "Not good, not bad" list (Aka no list at all). That's fine when the hunter AND it's pet are DPS classes, such as in instances... but the hunter pet is expected to tank when the hunter is solo questing. And, AFAIK, the pet benifits from both of those. Just another two copper anyway :P

Comment

I play hunters a lot as BM and I've never had any major issues with keeping the pet alive and tanking for me. The only time I've had a problem is with some of these new rare mobs in Pandaland that are extremely difficult for anyone to solo. I can solo groups of mobs with little problems and do just as well in the WotLK dungeons solo (haven't tried soloing any Cata dungeons). I normally use Pawn to do my gear selection as I can grab stuff for off spec as well and know it will work. Pawn gives Sta a weight of 0.1, Armor 0, and Agi 100 so it wouldn't really matter if Sta had no weight. I've even used my pet with that kind of stat weight as an off tank for some guild dungeon runs. It's all about knowing how to play your class to survive when needed but hunters can still pretty much face roll thru the content without the need for Sta or Armor weights.

The gear suggestion is probably just confused because it's trying to get you a trinket since you have no trinkets and it isn't seeing the Warlock only flag for that trinket.

Comment

Moved the pet specific posts to here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-Survivability

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          Cabby is correct, I did mean trinkets. I have corrected the issue that allowed the Warlock trinket to be suggested and this will be fixed in the next update.

Comment

here is an example of my frost mage level 77.
                            equipped chain of fiery orbs, blue, ilevel 183
                            suggestion: tanzanite pendant of the falcon, green, ilevel 120
                            gain: 21 agility
                            loss: intellect and stamina, forgot to write it down

another one, same toon:
                            equipped: wisdom carver of the eagle, ilevel 178
                            suggestion: emerine's blade. ilvel 26
                            gain: NONE!
                            Last edited by hachem; February 23, 2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I seem to occasionally have trouble with either of the trinket or ring slots. Last week I had a very low item level trinket and no matter what no upgrades was suggested.

Today I have problems with a ring:

KvoNxxr.jpg

I play a moonkin druid. For other gear it is correctly detecting I need intellect. "Friendship Ring" is in my bags. I would think that "Eye of the Stars" would be upgraded by that one. Doesn't seem to be so! I tried moving the ring around my bags since it usually helps if the upgrade advisor is stuck. I also have another ilvl 384 ring in my bag which I also think would pass as an upgrade. Nothing were suggested for that one either.
                              Last edited by krendar; February 23, 2013, 04:09 PM. Reason: added second ring to comment

Comment

Working...
                              X