Levelling and Loremaster Nagrand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
    Which 2 quests were you missing according to the GM?
    Are we now testing this guide for you. I am alliance allied to the Aldor I have completed all previous zones before Nagrand (Hellfire, Zangarmarsh and Terrokar Forest). I had done all the quests for Altruis (his quests count for the zones you kill mobs in BTW) and also done the Netherwing dailies. The quest I completed with my warrior was handing in Oshu'gun Crystal at Halaa the other one had something to do with the assassin at Nesingwary's camp 'I'm Saved' iirc (I didn't complete this quest). There you go I done your work for you all you need to do is add one or both into the Loremaster part of the guide.
    ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      You can find Quest Completist on Curse.
      http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/quest_completist
      I supposedly already have a Guide to help me get the Loremaster. Why on earth would I get another add-on to help me do the same thing ?

Comment

The Oshu'gun Crystal Powder Sample quest in Halaa is intentionally left out of the guide as this is PvP and we don't have PvP guides. For the I'm Saved quest the quest giver is on a 90 minute respawn timer when she's not bugged and we normally do not include any quests that have a long respawn timer like that as it goes against fast leveling. Either way there should have still been enough quests in the guide for you to get the Nagrand Slam achievement, especially since you're the only one to complain about not being able to get it since 2012 which tells me that it's attainable with the guides. There must be something else that is being overlooked somewhere that caused this problem for you.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
          There must be something else that is being overlooked somewhere that caused this problem for you.
          No unfortunately and as much as you would like there to be.. there isn't. I got the Achievement with the Halaa quest. Also you do not get flagged for PvP to accept and complete the quest but the Alliance (in my case) had to be in control of Halaa at the time. Also FYI handing the quest from Throne of the Elements to Jhang in the Underbog also does not count towards Nagrand Slam. (I tried this before I opened a ticket).
          Last edited by Faethor; October 12, 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I don't think that it is required to do the two quests you mentioned as Halaa is not always under Alliance control and the other quest only shows up at certain times.
            As patch 6.0 is coming tomorrow on EU servers (and we then get a compatible guide viewer) I can check the Nagrand loremaster on the beta server with a premade character, maybe next weekend.
            It's possible that there's another quest that counts for the Nagrand loremaster in one of the following leveling and loremaster guides.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              I don't think that it is required to do the two quests you mentioned as Halaa is not always under Alliance control and the other quest only shows up at certain times.
              As patch 6.0 is coming tomorrow on EU servers (and we then get a compatible guide viewer) I can check the Nagrand loremaster on the beta server with a premade character, maybe next weekend.
              It's possible that there's another quest that counts for the Nagrand loremaster in one of the following leveling and loremaster guides.
              I apologise unequivocally. I have found my mistake.. it is regard to The Consortium reputation. My reputation is too high for the Ivory quest. I realised this as I was taking a fourth character through the zone. I posted the Ivory from my warrior to my hunter and this is when I realised what quest was skipped. Thank you for you patience and understanding. I'm eating my humble pie, the chip fell of my shoulder. <3

Comment

That's perfectly fine Faethor. I'm just happy that it was a reputation based issue that caused this. I don't agree with quests becoming unavailable when your reputation gets too high but this will at least allow us to see a potential problem area if anyone else runs into a similar problem and you were able to provide us with 2 potential work-around quests.

Comment

Thanks for reporting the reputation thing as I would have followed the guide with the ability to do the ivory quest.
                  However I still wonder if there's another quest available.
                  I agree that things like waiting for some quest only available at certain times and a quest relating on PvP should not be necessary for the loremaster.

There seems to be another quest, or rather 4, that count towards the Nagrand Slam.
                  If you are at least friendly with the Consortium you get a monthly quest:
                  http://www.wowhead.com/quest=9886
                  There are 3 more with different rewards for each reputation level after friendly so after being friendly there's the opportunity to get at least one more quest for the achievement.
                  However I think you should have stumbled across this quest as the ivory quest seems to be available until friendly (if the wowhead comments are correct).

Comment

Having dealt with this and explored it EXTENSIVELY, a couple of things you should know.

1. You MUST pick a faction (Scryers vs Aldors) in order to have enough quests to complete in Nagrand.
                    2. There are two quest chains that take place OUTSIDE of Nagrand that count towards Nagrand, one of these chains REQUIRES that you choose the Scryers or Aldors to complete.
                    a. One chain takes place in Shattrath and involves collecting money for an npc from 3 npcs scattered around Terrokar Forest / Shattrath.
                    b. The second chain, the one that requires having picked a faction, takes place in Shadowmoon Valley. Fire up the Leveling guide for Shadowmoon Valley and complete that chain.
                    3. There is a single 'rare' quest that can only be completed once every 2 hours in the Nessingway camp. If you park there, you'll see an npc get attacked by some mobs, save her and she will have a quest you can pick up and immediately turn in. The name of the quest is 'I'm Saved!'.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=9897/im-saved

As an alternative, grab TWO addons, one called Wholly, one called Grail. When you bring up the interface, you can view which quests you still have yet to complete for that zones achievements, use www.wowhead.com to look each quest up individually and READ THE COMMENTS for each quest for details on said quest(s).

Additionally, the first three or four threads on this page will outline some useful information:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...-slam#comments

And, lastly, if you want a list of all 81 quests that count as credit toward Nagrand:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...nd-slam#quests

And, as previously mentioned, you have two less quests to complete if you rep up too fast with the consortium folks (the first repeatable and the followup repeatable both count as 2 quests) and both quests become unavailable after you have reached friendly with them.
                    Last edited by littlewierdo; October 21, 2014, 09:41 PM.
                    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

About the Aldor and Scryer thing, that's probably the reason why the guide tells you to complete all leveling and loremaster guides prior to Nagrand. With that you would have chosen one of the two factions.

The Altruis breadcrumb quest you mentioned that starts in Shadowmoon is part of the Nagrand Loremaster guide (as are the prequests in Shadowmoon for this).
                      Also the other quest chain that starts in Terokkar / Shattrath is included.

And the two breadcrumb quests taking you to Area 52 in Netherstorm and Wildhammer Outpost in Shadowmoon are included at the end of the Nagrand loremaster guide.
                      I don't know if it's possible that these quests are unavailable when you already started quests from the NPCs where you turn in those quests before handing them in. Often breadcrumb quests are unavailable when you just started a zone without them.

Comment

About the Aldor and Scryer thing, that's probably the reason why the guide tells you to complete all leveling and loremaster guides prior to Nagrand. With that you would have chosen one of the two factions.

The Altruis breadcrumb quest you mentioned that starts in Shadowmoon is part of the Nagrand Loremaster guide (as are the prequests in Shadowmoon for this).
                        Also the other quest chain that starts in Terokkar / Shattrath is included.

And the two breadcrumb quests taking you to Area 52 in Netherstorm and Wildhammer Outpost in Shadowmoon are included at the end of the Nagrand loremaster guide.
                        I don't know if it's possible that these quests are unavailable when you already started quests from the NPCs where you turn in those quests before handing them in. Often breadcrumb quests are unavailable when you just started a zone without them.
                        Yea, they are in the loremaster guide.

I just gave up on trying to use the loremaster guides because its buggy as heck, the guides frequently stop and loop to previous steps when trying to skip ahead through areas of the guide youve already completed (not specifically Nagrand, but there are several zone guides that do this, I just dont remember which ones specifically) so I tend to just do the leveling and then jump to Wholly and Grail in order to finish anything thats left.

I also didnt mention, there are several (previously considered) 'elite' quests that the guide for some reason does not cover (the final quests in the Nessingway chain for example) or the arena quests (6 as I recall) in the north center area of the map. This is what I use Wholly and Grail for.

Merging the leveling guides with the loremaster guides and adding all of the missing quests would alleviate alot of the confusion and I think would make Zygor even more interesting. An in-game guide that covers any possible existing quest in the game would be something Id love.
                        Last edited by littlewierdo; October 27, 2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

For newer content the leveling guides normally are enough to get the loremaster title. Maybe a few Northrend zones are also still split but I think the 1-60 and Cataclysm guides are complete enough.

Outlands is a bit problematic because of the various reputation issues and quest chains that lead from zone to zone or higher level quests inside a lower level zone like in Nagrand.
                          The former group quests like the Nesingwary ones are left out because these two loops around the zone take quite some time, you would probably get more XP by simply killing monsters or moving on to the next zone rather than doing those 4 quests.

Comment

For newer content the leveling guides normally are enough to get the loremaster title. Maybe a few Northrend zones are also still split but I think the 1-60 and Cataclysm guides are complete enough.

Outlands is a bit problematic because of the various reputation issues and quest chains that lead from zone to zone or higher level quests inside a lower level zone like in Nagrand.
                            The former group quests like the Nesingwary ones are left out because these two loops around the zone take quite some time, you would probably get more XP by simply killing monsters or moving on to the next zone rather than doing those 4 quests.
                            They are left out because they used to be elite mobs and are no longer elites (Cata, Blizzard removed all the elites with exception to a very tiny amount of mobs). I know this because all of your guides are missing all the quests that used to be considered 'group quests' but are no longer group quests.

In general, Im not just after the loremaster title, I like quests. I like the lore, I enjoy reading the quest text and as such, I scour the game for every quest I can find.

While you guys cover about 97% of the quests in the game, you dont cover the 3% that I end up having to use other means to find the few quests you dont cover, some of them are real gems as far as lore is concerned.

I get thats not what your guides are designed or meant for, but they are so darn near complete that its a shame they arent complete, if that makes any sense.

If you are interested in a list of the quests you guys dont cover in the guides, I can relatively easily provide it for the alliance side. I have a complete list in an excel spreadsheet, if you are interested in including them.

And I really think your guides could benefit from some major cleanup, loremaster guides are practically duplicates of the leveling guides and they really should be limited to the quests you cant do at the time youd normally be in the zone leveling solo. These might include group quests (the arena in Nagrand for example) or higher level quests (in the case of Nagrand, there are a couple of level 70 quests that naturally would not be completable at the normally level 66 or so that youd likely be in the zone) or even quests that lead to a dungeon.
                            Last edited by littlewierdo; October 28, 2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
                              loremaster guides are practically duplicates of the leveling guides and they really should be limited to the quests you cant do at the time youd normally be in the zone leveling solo.
                              Since the Leveling guides normally have all the quests needed for the Loremaster achievement the Loremaster guides just load up and display the Leveling guides. If the Leveling guides don't have enough in them to get the achievement for a particular zone then once the Loremaster guide has finished displaying all of the steps from the Leveling guide it will then have some extra steps to finish off what's needed for the achievement.

It used to be that the Loremaster guides were just the few extra things needed and a info text at the start of the guide directing people to do the Leveling guide first. We had problems with too many people not actually running thru the Leveling guide first, or thinking they had because they leveled in the zone but forgot they left early. Having the Loremaster guides duplicate the Leveling guides by displaying all the steps from the Leveling guide was the best solution to make sure they weren't being missed.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
                                They are left out because they used to be elite mobs and are no longer elites (Cata, Blizzard removed all the elites with exception to a very tiny amount of mobs). I know this because all of your guides are missing all the quests that used to be considered 'group quests' but are no longer group quests.
                                I know, I normally do those quests too while leveling. But very often they are a bit off the leveling path, you get them when you are nearly done with a zone or sub zone and therefore not worth the extra XP and items.
                                And when they are not even necessary for the loremaster title they are not included in the guides.

Though I also think it would be nice to have the guides cover all quests. But it's a minor issue, while leveling you normally see those quests and can pick them up. And with the quest markers on the map it's easy to figure out what to do where.

Comment

Working...
                                X