Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gear Evaluation Screen and Character Screen FREEZE PROBLEMS

Cabby,
    I love the new gear evaluation guide update. It rolled out last night and it is great. One small problem, if you open the player character (C) when your guide is make a decsion on what gear you are to change out, the screen freezes every time. Took me awhile to find the cause but that is what happens. Also when your bags are open and the gear optimizer jumps in it freezes also. Could you help and let me know if it is me or is this a fix that is required.

Also, When you get an item with 3 gem sockets, it must be equipped to put the gems into the socket. This requires the ring to be on the Character. There is a two part problem with this relating to the above.
    You have to open Character screen to equip the ring and socket the stones. As soon as you take the other ring off your gear guide freezes cause again the Character screen is open with your gear optimizer and the inventory bags. AUTOMATIC FREEZE

One last thing, even with the gems socketed with way more stats than the original ring your gear optimizer still picks the original ring without taking into account the socketed gems. Is this a bug, will there be a fix, or do we just have to eyeball this.

The "C" screen and your "OPTIMIZER SCREEN" must learn to live with each other just for this reason of socketing and equipping while you do it and your screen trying to be active before the socketing takes place. FREEZE.

I love your guys Guides. I have all and are mostly very satisfied.

Thanks for all you do. Waiting for your response.

Removed your email address from the post so you don't have any issues with spam. There are a lot of bots that search forums looking for email addresses to add to lists to send spam out to.

I actually had both my character screen and bags open last night while playing with the new auto-equip stuff and didn't have any problems so I'm thinking this might be isolated.

Have you tested this with all other addons disabled to see if you can reproduce it with only Zygor enabled? Have you tried a fresh install of the guides to see if maybe there was a corrupted file?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yep no other addon was on and froze up off and on. I can work around this but it is such a great tool and guide would like to use it sometimes with the bags and such. But no biggie I definetly work around it.

This brings up a different point as I tried to open the downloader. If it has something to download it does and immediately clicks to the game for me to hit play. It doesn't stay open to just look at the downloader. I must be doing something wrong went in the files on computer and couldn't get it to stay open and i didn't want to download another downloader. What am I doing wrong ty so much

Comment

When you first run the Updater there should be a small window that opens with a 3 second timer on it. Click the Abort button on that window to stop the auto-launching of WoW.

I'm thinking you might possibly have a corrupted file that's causing that freezing so let's try a fresh install. First go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder that's in there. Then go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete any Zygor files in there. Now run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guides. If you still see a current version number when you first run the Updater please let me know as that means it's installing to the wrong location.

Comment

Also, As the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has a bunch of first time quests it doesn't show up on your quest leveling guide. Where do I find these and how do I approach the quests in this zone. As the quests are scattered what is the best approach and are they done by the rep guides or how.
          See this is the confusion I have, thus the integration of the guides to say where to go next. I no the rep and the dailies will help this alot but how do I approach the vale. Ty so much for your response

Comment

All of the quests in Vale of Eternal Blossoms are directly related and needed for the different Panda reputations so all of those quests are in the dailies and rep guides for the MoP factions.

Comment

Working...
            X