OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Improved Gear System Now Available For Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Improved Gear System Now Available For Download!

The new item system is here! First I would like to say, thank you for being so patient and helpful with assessing the auto equip and item system that is was released with Mists. With your feedback we have been able to improve the system to a state that it will be much more useful for everyone. A few of the changes that have been made:

-New and improved popup will help make it more clear as to why an item is getting suggested with a complete stat breakdown for each individual upgrade.
    -Popup will now hide if combat is entered.
    -Handling of rings and trinkets will be much accurate and reliable.
    -Weapon suggestion has been improved.
    -System can now accurately choose between a 2h or a 1h and an offhand for spell users.
    -Better optimized to improve your overall gaming experience.
    -System is able to be completely disabled. (Although why would you want to do that!)

As always, we are striving to improve our guide and it's features, so if you have any suggestions or requests, stop by our forums and let us know.

A few things to look forward to with the Item system:
    -Display for our stat selection system for items.
    -Ability to change stat priorities to fit your own personal preferences.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
    -New and improved popup will help make it more clear as to why an item is getting suggested with a complete stat breakdown for each individual upgrade.
    I was just thinking the other day that this would be a useful feature and then you go and put it in. Mind readers :P

Comment

I am appreciating that you want constantly improve the guide, but what concerns the Gearing Guide I liked more 'Zygor want to replace that item with...'

Now I have to go to my character first to see what is equipped before I approve the suggestion.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by jan_withaegels View Post
        I am appreciating that you want constantly improve the guide, but what concerns the Gearing Guide I liked more 'Zygor want to replace that item with...'

Now I have to go to my character first to see what is equipped before I approve the suggestion.

Just my 2 cents
        This is something that we were struggling with finding the best way to display the new information without flooding the popup with information that could be confusing.

Your comment actually gave me an idea as to how to improve the popup, so this is something that could definitely change.

Comment

When you open the guide selection window in game what does it show as the guide version in the lower left?
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by 01234
            It's suggesting that I equip items which are less useful than what I currently have, and/or aren't appropriate for me at all, e.g. suggesting a strength ring for my caster toon.
            Can you provide a Screen shot with your character panel open as well so we can see what your current rings are.

Comment

Just my 2 cents
              i compeletely agree with you. the old system was better. and, at least for paladins, the suggestions are usually wrong. so i guess, it remains a work in progress, except that the old screen was definitely better. plus, there is no way, that i could see, to stop the nagging when u refuse the suggestion the 1st time. i had to shut it off, and i already miss the old way, with all its flaws.
              Last edited by hachem; November 11, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

For those of you who do not like the newer interface, can you please be more specific about what you don't like. The old version simply showed two items that you have to hover over to see the stat comparisons. The new version shows the same stat comparison without requiring you to shift hover. We did consider showing both items but since they displayed the exact same info twice, just reversed, we decided to only show one to keep the interface minimal.

As for the incorrect suggestions for Paladins or other classes, can you please report your findings so we can try to figure out why it's recommending the wrong items?

@hachem - when you refused the item you hit Decline, yes, not just esc?

Comment

For those of you who do not like the newer interface, can you please be more specific about what you don't like. The old version simply showed two items that you have to hover over to see the stat comparisons. The new version shows the same stat comparison without requiring you to shift hover. We did consider showing both items but since they displayed the exact same info twice, just reversed, we decided to only show one to keep the interface minimal.
                  The old version simply showed two items that you have to hover over to see the stat comparisons

That is what I liked more than the new version.
                  Because now I have to go to my character first to see what is equipped before I accept the suggestion and with the old version I could see it along with the suggestion.

Comment

I for one welcome the new system.
                    It's clearer, gives you more information
                    without having to hover over to get the new info.
                    I had some issues with it at first,
                    but the latest update seems to correct things.

Please keep things how they are,
                    I do not see the point of changing it back,
                    Am I missing something?

On a side note, another feature that needs to be improved,
                    is the mount detection on the unit frames.
                    Most people use custom UI, such as ElvUI, TukUI, etc.
                    Iam missing this feature because it only works on the original Blizzard Unit Frames.
                    I would love to see this fixed soon.

Anyway, Thanks for the new gear system, I enjoy it.

Comment

The old version simply showed two items that you have to hover over to see the stat comparisons

That is what I liked more than the new version.
                      Because now I have to go to my character first to see what is equipped before I accept the suggestion and with the old version I could see it along with the suggestion.
                      You don't have to go to your character first though. Simply shift hover over the name of the upgrade and you will see two tooltips, one that shows what you currently have equipped and the other being the upgrade.

Comment

Oooh... didn't know that, lol

Will try it out when I get an upgrade suggestion.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by ian0nline View Post
                          On a side note, another feature that needs to be improved,
                          is the mount detection on the unit frames.
                          Most people use custom UI, such as ElvUI, TukUI, etc.
                          Iam missing this feature because it only works on the original Blizzard Unit Frames.
                          I would love to see this fixed soon.
                          I would like to second this. I use ElvUI and no longer have the option of choosing the pet/mount guide when I click on a players Unit Frame.

Comment

As for the incorrect suggestions for Paladins or other classes, can you please report your findings so we can try to figure out why it's recommending the wrong items?

@hachem - when you refused the item you hit Decline, yes, not just esc?
                            i was not aware of the shift hover, i find it not really necessary, it was easier for me to see both gears at once, but that is a matter of taste i suppose. as for the wrong suggestions, i m not sure i have the patience to write down all the wrong ones, so no promises.
                            the nagging was... nagging. i did use the decline button as far as i can remember. i will do it more systematically and let you know.

Comment

i must say that i have to revise my negative opinion of the new version. It took me a while but i finally understood the logic behind it: it is, as far as i can see, organized around the principle of maximized dps. It is very important if you are doing dungeons and raids and want to do as much damage as possible, more than you want to protect yourself (which you hope the tank and healer will do). For people who do mostly questing i am not sure if that would help them. In quests you have to take into account that your are alone and some protection might be preferable to optimized dps. So i would say the suggestions are certainly not wrong if we consider the logic behind it.

Comment

Working...
                              X