• Show
Clear All

Seeker's Folly Quest (A)

Seeker's Folly

Alliance
    Kun-Lai Summit (87-88)
    Step 128

As of 27 October 2012

Currently this quest is bugged. If you follow the logical order (and the Guides's) of the three shrines, after clicking on the first shrine then clicking on the second or third shrine, while having the cogs above it, won't work. (For me it was the second shrine that failed.)

Until Blizz gets it fixed the order of the shrines that worked for me was 2,3, then 1.

Note: From the comments I saw in wowhead.com I abandoned the quest and picked it back up. The Zygor Guide properly showed that I had abandoned it (i.e. didn't have the quest) but it stayed that way after re-accepting the quest and the steps to do the shrines were greyed out.

But funny thing, upon turning in the quest and accepting the follow-on quest, the Guide properly showed that the quest was picked up, intermediate steps completed, and turned in.

While the quest being buggy is no fault of ZG I thought it strange that the Guide didn't show that I had picked up the quest again. (Probably still a Bizzard bug that causes the Guide to not work properly. Leave it to Blizz to throw a wrench in the works.)

Minor quest, minor problem. But posting just to show that the Guide isn't at fault with this quest.

For the guide to see you picked it up again you would have had to back the guide up to the accept step. The guides only do a quest history grab from the server when you first log into the game. After that the guides will only see what you're doing when specifically looking for it with a quest step.

Edit: that must be a recent Blizzard bug. I don't remember having any problems going thru there with my Alliance hunter 2 weeks ago.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

All the "complaints" on wowhead.com have patch 5.0.5 annotated in the comment. It may have worked in 5.0.4 but then someone broke it in 5.0.5. Since the quest is, as far as I can tell, non-essential for any quest chain I would guess that it has a low priority on Blizz's fix-list and therefore it may take awhile to get fixed.

I marvel at the way you guys at Zygor can keep up with the game regardless of the plethora of wrenches that Blizz tosses into their UI and elsewhere. Great product(s), great service, and it "really, really, works!"

(Cabby - tell the powers that be that you need either a day off or a raise. Preferably both!)

Cheers

p.s. I did back the guide up to the step to accept the quest, re-accepted the quest, and the Guide didn't indicate that I had accepted it. My contention is that since the quest is buggy in the first place there must be something about the quest mechanics that kept ZG from showing I picked it up after abandoning it. Also, There are three shrines that needed to be clicked on, but the text in the quest log had the names for shrines 1 & 3 but the "placeholder" (or whatever you call the text that indicates if you have completed the step or not) for the second shrine just said, "2 = not completed". No text name was given for the second shrine. And the formatting for the quest was, um, rather funky looking. Hmmm...

Again - great job guys! :-D

Comment

Ok, I think I see what may have happened here. There are actually two Seeker's Folly quests (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30684) and the one you picked up the 2nd time back was probably for the 2nd version of the quest. The Horde guide has both versions of the quest in it but the Alliance guide only has the 30684 quest in it. It's most likely the two identical quests with two different quest IDs that's messing everyone up and Blizzard should know better.

I'll add this to our list so the 2nd quest ID and steps for that are added to the Alliance side of the guides.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X