Custom Guide Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Guide Help

I have been going through some of the Mists of Pandaria content and have found a few guides to be missing. The two guides in particular that I have been looking for and haven't found are for the achievement "Another Man's Treasure" and also to collect the Cloud Serpent Eggs (rep turnin for Order of the Cloud Serpent.)

I have created a custom guide for each of these. Unfortunately I have 2 things I can't get to work properly. The first is the models...I cannot get any of the models to show up for either guide. I do have the item numbers taken directly from Wowhead, so I know they are good.

The second problem I have is the loop back segment at the very end of the guides. Basically, I want the guides to function like the dailies guides do - I want to get to the last step in the guides and then be able to click a link back to the first step.

I have attached the guides here. If any of the Zygor folks (or someone else familiar with the programming of the guides) can take a look and let me know I'd be much appreciative. Please forgive in advance any programming mistakes.

Jason (Zoidin - Grizzly Hills)MyGuides.zip

I'm working on these for you. Stay tuned, about an hour or two to finish up and do a fast test on them.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

A quick look on them showed me some recurring things.
      First the modelnpc is a switch, it has to look like this:
      |modelnpc Onyx Egg##89155

the collect needs to have the item ID too, like this:
      ..collect Onyx Egg##89155

Then you often have comments without a ' before the text.
      The dots are only for formatting but the ' shows the guide it's a text line.

I don't think the |or switch works with a collect and |confirm.
      It is normally used when one of several goals in a step is sufficient for completing the step. But a |confirm is not a goal. And even if it worked the step would be skipped if the first condition is met. For example if you already have one egg in your inventory every step with a goal to collect an egg will be complete.
      You should remove the |or and change the |confirm to |confirm always
      However you then need to click the line on every step to continue with the guide (or hit the next step button / assigned key).

To make a guide loop insert a label "start" in the first step and as a last step put in a |confirm |next "start"

Comment

Yeah, I'm fixing all of that for him Cartman.

Comment

Wow, thanks guys.

Like I said, amateur hour here doing guides.

Cabby, thanks for fixing them for me. As for each step gathering an egg, I don't want it to mark each subsequent step as complete. I already had that happen...I collected an egg and the guide then flew to the end because of how the auto-injection works (think that is what it is called...you know what I mean. )

Thanks again for helping me with this project. I will be sure to add you name as editor to the guide. Any other helpful suggestions you can make would be great!

Jason

Comment

I think I have it all worked out now. Going to go in game to do testing with it.

One thing you'll see I did with it is instead of having a separate step for each possible spawn point (in the Achievement one) I have it all on one step with clickable coordinates to change the waypoint.

Comment

Trying to figure out this model not displaying problem.

Comment

Ok, here's the best I could do for you. Some things to keep in mind. The model viewer will only show you NPC, vehicles, and clickable objects. For things like the Onyx Egg, you need to use the container ID for the model viewer, not the item ID. So when you look at the WoWHead page and look at the Onyx Egg, there's a Contained In tab that will have an identically named Onyx Egg link. Go to that one and you'll see at the top in the url it changes from an item to an object with a different number. You need to use the object number. Same thing applies to all of the other items in the other guide. Also, you want to use |model for the objects and |modelnpc for the NPCs.

I have them all sorted out now and they should work well. The only thing is that you probably won't see anything in the model viewer because we don't have those items in our model viewer database so until we have them in there you won't see it unless you've already seen it at least once and it's in your cache. So you might see the model of the egg but not for the other items. I also fixed a couple of other minor errors.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X