Help us understand this better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help us understand this better

I have perused alot of the questions about the gear suggestion feature but i'll ask this question since no one has yet.

I am aware that gear suggestion doesn't take into account spec but what does it take into account? More to the point there are caps on different stats. Does it stop suggesting gear for that particular stat once it hits the ceiling? I'm frustrated that I can't use this feature (as are many). Please help us understand.

Take a look at the ItemScore.lua in the ZygorGuidesViewer folder.
    There are all stats weight values for every class and spec, the caps and the bad stats.

However there may be some strange things happening, I just got a blue armor for my Monk from the vendor in Hyjal and the guide suggested I replace it with any other armor I found in Deepholm afterwards. Next time it suggests such things I'll calculate the values and make a bug report

And sometimes the guide suggested to use Cata INT or STR items if they only had enough haste or mastery and the current items wearing were still from WotLK. But no calculation is perfect.

Comment

Right now the feature is intended to be used while you level and for that purpose it works pretty well. Once you hit 90, gearing your characters becomes way more complex and a real person is going to do a better job at picking items than an automated system. That said, we are working now on making the system work better for high end characters.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

It's a shame all the good stuff is in the Heroic dungeon drops so you can't get it unless you go through the dungeon. But when you go through the dungeon to try and get it you have dick weeds who berate you cause your gear is not up to scratch and can't deal the damage they want you too. A vicious circle if ever there was one.

Comment

I usually shut them up by typing, "Yeah, I don't get my gear on ebay, I work for it." I literally never have heard one snarky reply back from the asshat making the comments, and I gear 9 toons up that way.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            I usually shut them up by typing, "Yeah, I don't get my gear on ebay, I work for it." I literally never have heard one snarky reply back from the asshat making the comments, and I gear 9 toons up that way.
            LOL! I'll have to macro that reply.

Comment

Working...
            X