OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing already-completed previous guide steps. How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing already-completed previous guide steps. How?

Maybe I've just plain forgotten how to do this, but, how do I get the Guide Viewer to allow me to load a guide (one which I have already completed)? Often, I want to 'walk through' its steps to examine them, but the guide switches automatically to the next guide in its list preventing me from using the guide I told it I wanted. I'm sure it's simple, but I just can't remember how to do it. Sorry.

Click the drop down arrow on the guide viewer to open the guide selection window. Now just go thru the menus to find the guide you want, click to highlight it, then click the Accept button. If it's the same guide you already have open it will just go to the last step you were on so you'll have to load a different guide first, then the one you want to get it to load at step 1.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

cabby, I guess you'll have to read my 1st post again. In it you'll read that I have done (repeatedly) what you said to do, but it doesn't work.

here's only a part of what I said before:
      ...but the guide switches automatically to the next guide in its list preventing me from using the guide I told it I wanted.

Comment

The only time the guides will load the next guide is if you're at the end of a guide. Try doing like I suggested and load a completely different guide first, then go back and load the guide you want.

Comment

Okay. I didn't understand what you meant because you didn't say to load a "different guide which I have never accessed or done before." That's a big difference. The one I kept loading was (as my topic title states) a "already-completed previous guide." To me, that meant a "different" guide from the one I wanted to get away from.

I'll try it using an unused guide, then try loading the one I want (again). Thanks for your replies, Cabby.

Comment

Never mind. I found the solution myself. It's a zygor menu option.

Viewing previous guide steps.jpg

Comment

Oh, you never said it would load and just skip thru all the steps. You just said it was switching to the next guide.

Comment

Hmm, weird, Im having the exact opposite problem where the guide doesnt read stuff Ive already completed, it still shows I have done nothing in all of the zones and I know that I have because I have the Pandaria loremaster achievement. Primarily, I wanted to load it up and see what (if anything) has been added since the Pandaria content was initially released.

Ive deleted the WTF data for it to and it didnt help.
                Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Sometimes other addons will prevent the guide viewer from being able to get your quest history. Blizzard only allows that server query so often so if another addon loads and makes the request before the guides do then they can't always get it. Try exiting WoW, then when logging in disable all other addons to make sure the guides are the only ones for doing the server query. This should get it to know what you've done and then you can go and re-enable your other addons.

Comment

Working...
                  X