would you recommend the guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you recommend the guide?

I already have the leveling and dailies guides..would those who have this one recommend it? I would mainly be purchasing it for the new battle pets. Does the guide tell where the pets can be tamed? Does it tell the level of the pet? Opinions are welcomed!

The Pets & Mounts guide will show you (with the arrow) what area the different tamable creatures can be found in, but since they do move around a lot you might have to do a very small amount of searching to find one. You will not be able to know what rarity the potential pet is until you are in battle with the pet, and then you can see it in the pet battle window that we display.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes and no, Ive messed with a friends copy of it for a bit.

There are some critical things missing that should be included, farming pets via killing for drops is very vague and has no statistic tracking whatsoever.

For example, I picked a random cat (from the list of 50 bajillion cats listed) and was sent to Arathi Highlands to kill mobs, the instructions stating that the cat had a low drop rate off any mob in Arathi.

The problem? First was that I was sent to Arathi BEFORE I was given any information about what kind of drop rate to expect, then there is not even a direct, clear drop rate chance shown in the guide. Looking it up, it had around a .1% droprate.

So farming for drops, I use another addon called Rarity which tracks your statistical chance of getting mounts and pets via drops / fishing with a small progress bar indicator. It seems to include many if not all mounts and pets.

As to getting pets via battling, I havent had a chance to look at this since the only pet in the trial guide is a bunny which is required to start battling (bunnies and rabbits are the only two tamable creatures in the starter pet battle zone). Personally, I think maybe putting 5-10 pets in the trial that are not just right there for anyone to get but require the player to go out of his/her way to get would be a nice way to allow people to see how it works. There are a number of more rare pets in Elwynn forest alone (the black sheep for example).

There however is this from the folks at wowhead...

http://www.wowhead.com/news=206717/n...l-pet-database

Clicking 'A visual pet battle database for every pet out there' shows a list of all the pets with pics, clicking 'A complete world map showing every pet location' shows everything by zone.

Something like this as an in-game addon would be super handy.
      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
      X