OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 problems after installing latest update 4.0.5125...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreelor, the battle pet questline is just like any other guide we have. It's not a separate product entity, it's more like The Wolrd Shaman guide we have in with the Dailies section. Think of it as any normal leveling or daily guide we have in the game. It's just a long quest chain that's centered around the battle pets and it's a guide that takes you thru that chain.

Now of course since you're asking for a limited portion of the battle pet guide to be added to the free trial that may or may not happen. Would all depend on if Zygor thinks that would be a good idea and wants to add it.

The main reason I can think of for why there might not be a trial of this is simply because the battle pet quest series are all account wide quests. If you do it with one character it's been done on all characters so you only ever need to go thru the guide once.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, how am I (or any other potential buyers) supposed to know what I am paying for, since there is no true trial version for the actual guide being sold? The other (simple) trial version isn't a trial of the features in the actual product. It looks to me like a preliminary guideline someone made to help them build the actual product, but to save time... it was released, instead of taking time to create a real trial version of the product being sold.

You said:
      It's just a long quest chain that's centered around the battle pets and it's a guide that takes you thru that chain.
      What chain? What is incorporated in that 'chain'?

* Where does it begin?

* What does it do after Steps are completed?

* After accepting a quest from the Battle Pet Questgiver, does the guide display info and also use the "Internal Waypointer" to lead users to completing such quests?

* What does the guide do after completing the quest given by the Battle Pet Questgiver?

* Does it tell (or show) the user where to find the closest Battle Pet Questgiver to the user?

* Does the guide offer Zygor-type suggestions or hints on how to accomplish the quests successfully - without having to read that attrocious screen-full of data, and try to figure out what it means?

* Does the guide take into consideration a user's Character Level or Faction before sending them to certain places?

If there was a trail version of the product being sold, the preceding questions wouldn't have to be asked here! And, I have other questions that I'm not even listing.

Comment

Here kreelor, use this link and you can see all of the various quests added that are related to the battle pets and then you'll know what's included in the guide.
        http://www.wowhead.com/quests?filter...;crv=0#0+9+1+2

Comment

Cabby, I give up on this topic. We are going in circles. The link you provided showed only a bunch of quest names, etc. What does that have to do with everything else I've mentioned in this topic?

And, you did not answer even one of my questions.

I'm calling it quits on this topic, since I can't seem to get a straight answer. I'm tired of this. I just won't gamble by spending $50 (Alliance & Horde) for a product that I can't be reasonably certain that it will do what I was hoping for. I can't try it out first, and I get answers that seem to circumvent my specific questions. Sorry!

There's no need for any more replies. I'm done with this subject.

Comment

Yes, you said no need for a reply but here's one anyway.

First for your questions you're worried about.
            What chain? What is incorporated in that 'chain'?
            See my previous post with a link to some of the quests involved in the chain
            Where does it begin?
            Stormwind or Orgrimmar depending in your race
            What does it do after Steps are completed?
            Moves on to the next step just like all of our other guides
            After accepting a quest from the Battle Pet Questgiver, does the guide display info and also use the "Internal Waypointer" to lead users to completing such quests?
            Yes, just like all of our other guides
            What does the guide do after completing the quest given by the Battle Pet Questgiver?
            Moves on to the next step/quest just like all of our other guides
            Does it tell (or show) the user where to find the closest Battle Pet Questgiver to the user?
            No, it does it in order of the quests just like all of our other guides
            Does the guide offer Zygor-type suggestions or hints on how to accomplish the quests successfully - without having to read that attrocious screen-full of data, and try to figure out what it means?
            Yes, just like all of our other guides
            Does the guide take into consideration a user's Character Level or Faction before sending them to certain places?
            It takes your faction into consideration and will not send an Alliance player into a Horde city, just like all of our other guides

As for the request of a trial version, what you're asking is the same thing as asking for every zone guide we have to be partially included in the trial guides. The pet battle questline guide is just one single guide (like the Zangarmarsh 62-64 guide is one single guide) that is included in an entire package. We don't have a guide for the Tillers reputation included in the Rep trial guides, should we include that too? We don't have a guide for the Lost & Found achievement in the Achievement trial guide, should we include that too? I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make. You are not purchasing a battle pet questline guide, you are purchasing a Pets & Mounts guide that is comprised of well over 600 different guides, and you're focusing on one single guide in that package.

Comment

Here's a question, and I know this is probably going off-topic, but would Zygor consider placing some form of guide that would suggest what pets to have equipped in your three available slots?
              "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

We do have that in the battle pet questline guide. There are tips for what pets will work best for the trainer fights.

Comment

OK, so now I am a little confused. After finally understand how the Gear guide works (smart by the way), how exactly am I supposed to the use HUD during a Pet Battle with another player?
                  "There will always be a derelict building. Moments come and go - explore them while you can"

Comment

Good question. I have yet to try any pet battles with other players so I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X