• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dread Wastes (89-90) Step 1

Step 1 says
    "Go to Dread Wastes 75,21
    Click Shado-Pan Rope
    Climb up the wall."

There is no rope on the ground at those coordinates!!!

It seems like other people have the problem of this rope not being clickable sometimes as well. We're not sure what is causing this at themoment, but it seems to be a bug in the game. This is one of the few ways (other than flying) to get up this wall. Unless you have aquired the flight path up the wall, you may want to try deleting some of your saved variables or closing the game and re-opening.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Have you tried updating your guides. I believe the rope coordinates were updated in a recent release.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I am having the same issue with the rope. However, someone else ran up to the rope and was able to go up the wall. I do not see the rope and they do. Is there a quest I have to accept before I can see the rope? I have spent over 2 hours trying to figure this out and going back through the guides thinking I have done something wrong.There is also the issue that you have to run through the mobs to get to the wall and you aggro all those mobsand can die multiple times only to fight out there is not a rope. There has got to be another path so that you do not have to run thorugh all that. I have even had the guide taking me to the middle of the dread wastes, turning me around and then take me to another part. It is actually crazy. I have reloaded the guide thinking something was wrong with that. Like I said, I have spent 2-3 hours trying to get there.

Comment

I found the rope. I was so excited. But seriously, you may want to see if there is another way to get to that instead of running through all those mobs.

Comment

Unfortunately, the guide was written to be followed in order. If you load the guide for the previous zone, and skip to the last few steps, it will correctly lead you there. Seeing as there isnt really another way to easily do it AND keep each zone separated, that would be my suggestion.

As far as the rope not being clickable, real simple. While in game and logged in, type /rl . This will reload your ui, its not a phasing problem but something similar where the Blizzard client doesnt realize this is a clickable object.
            Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
            Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

That /RL does not reload my UI, Littleweirdo. Juverna - did you find the correct coordinates of the rope? I am stuck and cant get over the wall and not able to fly yet (lvl 89). Anyone have the correct coordinates? Zygor Support - what do you mean delete the variables? What folder is that in my WOW directory?

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
                Unfortunately, the guide was written to be followed in order.
                Not only the guide, the whole content. There are many quests later on that require you did certain quest lines in previous zones. That's the reason why the SIS has been disabled for the 85-90 content.

A comment at wowhead talks about an alternative quest to get there:
                http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31656#c...3:reply=578557

To reset all guide options you have to search for the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file in the WoW\WTF folder. This will reset all guide options (including guide positions) so making a backup is wise, just in case this does not help (and in this case about an item being not in place I think this will not help).

Comment

The needed Quest

Pick up the Quest Dread Space in the town and you get new flight path and can fly there ... much easier!

Comment

For me it's there at 75.1, 21.3. Look closely, it's easy to miss, I wandered around for a couple minutes (and looked here) before I finally saw it.

Comment

The rope is on the ground as well not on the wall where you would expect it.

Comment

Just look on the GROUND at those coordinates... not the wall. You should be able to pick it up without finishing any previous quests ... worked for me after a bit of searching. It's a small coiled rope on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                        X