No announcement yet.

Golden lotus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I see there was another update to the guide today, but as of yet my problem still exsists, I hope this will be fixed very soon as I am getting rather frustrated at what im paying for not working, And i just have just become so depndant on the guide that I just feel like not playing the game at all, As you will well know, nobody wants to fall far behind at the begining of an expansion. And that has never been more relevant than in this exspansion given how the dailies are how you get your rep up with factions.

My only other alternative it to try the other popular guide available, But I would rather not have to pay twice for the same advice.

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
      ok I see there was another update to the guide today, but as of yet my problem still exsists, I hope this will be fixed very soon as I am getting rather frustrated at what im paying for not working, And i just have just become so depndant on the guide that I just feel like not playing the game at all, As you will well know, nobody wants to fall far behind at the begining of an expansion. And that has never been more relevant than in this exspansion given how the dailies are how you get your rep up with factions.

My only other alternative it to try the other popular guide available, But I would rather not have to pay twice for the same advice.
      Are you sure you're using the latest version. I just checked and there are now several new steps at the beginning of the Golden Lotus guide. Instead of starting with Xari the Kind it starts with Wang Chung. Is this what you're seeing?
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

im currently using version 4.0.5144, I have done all the prequests, the problem I still have is the guide itself tells me to go to the correct locations for the daileis that are available. But the waypoint arrow still in the wronf direction. for example right now the guides says goto 44.15 kill the shao tien soul -renders, but the waypoint arrow still points me to go to 38.28 which as is obvious not correct, I know I could just be less lazy and tab in and out of the map to find the mobs etc.

But I pay for the guide so that i dont have to do that. I know coding all this takes time and effort, and im trying to understand that, but im falling behind everyone else in my guild in terms of my faction rep, that the addon is practicaly usless to me at the moment, Please understand that the reason im complaining so much is that im simply not used to asny of your guides not wokring to the extent this one is.

So you can take this complaint as a back handed compliment, as you have set a high standard in the past that you are apparently having difficulty keeping up at this present time. But I need to be buying my guides knowing they will do what it says on the box, if you know what i mean.

Comment

I've been going through the quests and pre-quests. It seams everything is off. I've just been using the build in quest helper in the mean time.

Comment

All of the quests and text and listed waypoints seem correct, its just the waypoint arrow that is completely borked. Its stuck pointing to 86,64 (or the nearest FP) and never updates from there until you are on the second part of the dailies.

You are missing quest: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30233 though.

Comment

Guys can we please have a fix for this today, Or I am left with no other real option than to go buy a guide that works. I am now falling way behind the progress of my guildmates, And that cannot continue. As i said I appreciate that this will not be the only fix you are working on But from what I read I am far from the only person reporting this and As stated before the guide is fine it just the waypoint arrow that is non functional.

I would be extremely at pains to move away from zygor having been with you for some time now, But I needed this guide to help me hit the ground running in Mop, And unfortunately that has been far from the case.

Comment

Originally posted by xerus View Post
                All of the quests and text and listed waypoints seem correct, its just the waypoint arrow that is completely borked.
                If the waypoint dots are correct but the arrow does not work properly did anyone try using the TomTom arow instead of the built in?
                My first character just hit level 90 and I'm going to start with the dailies later today so I can test it out then.

Comment

Switching to TomTom doesn't work. One of the first things I tried.

The co-ordinates in the actual guide steps are correct, however the co-ordinates that appear with the waypoint arrow are different (and incorrect). It's like the arrow and guide are out of sync with the arrow following some other unskippable step in some other part of the guide.
                  Last edited by tiddy; October 3, 2012, 04:03 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

I just checked it out and it appears the guide puts the waypoints into the temple sub zone. So this is something that can only be fixed by the devs.
                    The funny thing is that manual waypoints by SHIFT + leftclicking the zone map work.

What also works is putting TomTom waypoints to the Blizzard questhelper dots by STRG + rightclicking the Blizzard marker.

Comment

Cartman Again I would like to thank you for your input, As usual You are most helpfull, However I need the devs as im sure do many others to simply fix what is a flawed product, Which doesnt work (as of yet).

At the risk of repeating myself, I buy this product so I do not have to do all the other things.

Time a large factor for me with the game and this is taking too long now...

Comment

I am not connected to Zygor in any way other then I have used their guides for years. You need to have patients they will fix their problems. You posted another issue three days ago and it seems that issue is solved and then yesterday you posted about the coordinate problems. Give them time. Nothing is fixed overnight, just look at world of warcraft itself. How often do we see an in game issue that we have to wait for it to be fixed?

Does the guide have some bugs, yes, that is to be expected. Are they working on it, yes they are. I am sure they are prioritizing what to fix first. Give them time. Making a post every 3 hours about how it isn't fixed yet doesn't make sense. I have seen many issues with their guides over the years (back in the days of having to grind levels as part of the guide) and they always fix their guides in a timely manner. You can’t expect it overnight.

I know they wouldn’t say it because it is bad business, but I can say it. If you think you can find better go for it. I promise you will not they are the best for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dcon26 View Post
                          I am not connected to Zygor in any way other then I have used their guides for years. You need to have patients they will fix their problems. You posted another issue three days ago and it seems that issue is solved and then yesterday you posted about the coordinate problems. Give them time. Nothing is fixed overnight, just look at world of warcraft itself. How often do we see an in game issue that we have to wait for it to be fixed?

Does the guide have some bugs, yes, that is to be expected. Are they working on it, yes they are. I am sure they are prioritizing what to fix first. Give them time. Making a post every 3 hours about how it isn't fixed yet doesn't make sense. I have seen many issues with their guides over the years (back in the days of having to grind levels as part of the guide) and they always fix their guides in a timely manner. You can’t expect it overnight.

I know they wouldn’t say it because it is bad business, but I can say it. If you think you can find better go for it. I promise you will not they are the best for a reason.
                          ok I have posted here as a paying customer, which gives me the right to do so. But please dont come on here saying im asking every three hours "is it fixed yet" When I post its usualy in response to a question asked or to update the devs etc when a new update is released, wether my particular issue is fixed or not as it dont say wasy whats been fixed in the update. So while I appreciate you have a different veiwpoint from my own.

I would ask that you neither tell me where or when i can post, Or treat my post or its validity, as if i have in some way been rude or otherwise aggresive in anything i have said.

I have merely pointed out what the problems are, and asked for an explanation of what is wrong ? and when it might be fixed ? I have also expressed the view that I am unhappy with what would seem to me would be a simpe fix given the complexity of the guide in general. Which as i have said previously is my right to do as a paying customer.

Also just so we are clear I purchase my guides from here as zygor is my preferred guide of choice as it has always been, that does not mean that i cannot express a incling to trying something else to make sure i make the progress I want to make given the build up we had to the all new guide.

Yes I understand there are always teething problems, which is why im still posting here as a customer and not just outright flaming people.

Comment

And just to add if you had read the thread correctly you would have seen the issue i posted here three days ago is the self same issue that I still now have now.

Comment

This is an issue that is being worked on justme, but it's not a simple fix like most of our other guide fixes are. Most of our guide fixes are just a simple quick typo fix on one line, or add a couple of lines to get it fixed. The problems that people are having with the Golden Lotus guides is turning out to be a much more complicated thing to fix, but I assure you we are working to get it fixed as quickly as we can.

As a side note, when you run the Updater you can click on the Log button and we normally have listed the fixes that are in the new update.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Again thanks for that info Cabby i was not actualy aware of that. So my bad on that one

Comment

Working...
                                X