Problems w/ Glyph Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems w/ Glyph Changes

What causes an addon to error and force it to be disabled when changing a glyph?

It does this with Zygor and Deadly Boss Mods currently.

With the new glyphs and on the fly talent changes, leveling versus dungeons require my toon to use different setups. I have to disable Zygor and DBM every time I try changing a talent or glyph due to an error popping up asking if I want to disable or ignore the error. If I ignore the error, I can't make the glyph change.

Is there a fix for this or is it just the way it is?

This might be an addon conflict. If you disable all other addons and leave only the guides enabled can you then change glyphs?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The exact wording of the error is:

"ZygorGuidesViewer has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI. You can disable this addon and reload the UI. (Disable/Ignore)"

Comment

*** UPDATE - Fixed ***

I just manually reloaded the UI without disabling any addons and it worked after that. So to keep this from happening and disabling addons, apparently after logging in to WoW, just doing a quick manual /reloadui will keep it from happening.

Thanks.

Comment

Blizzard has some witchcraft going on with their Talent System, it was very hard for us to do some of the automation that is used, there are a few ways to get this error with the Talent Advisor, we are working on finding a way to avoid this problem. Until we do, a simple /reloadui will fix any issues.

Comment

Sometimes those problems come up when the game thinks you are in combat and try such bad things.
            On one occasion I wasn't even able to get out of combat by leaving the game with ALT+F4, I had to run naked into a mob and die (it's no fun being unable to eat or ride when questing with a mage).

Comment

Working...
            X