Unable to enter Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to enter Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Just completed the Towlong Stepped guide and now on step 1 of the Dread Wastes guide which wants me to go see Bowmistress Li in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    I followed the arrow to 63,11 and it then sends me to 75,21 with the instruction "click on the rope swing to vale of eternal blossoms".
    I looked for ages and by chance finally found the rope on the floor about 20 feet away. Very hard to see it and not obvious at all - was about ready to throw in the towel and go grind or something.
    The coords of the rope are 75,21 but not where the arrow takes you. As I said, it's about 20 feet out. Maybe you could amend the arrow instruction to something like "click on the rope on the floor, and swing to vale of eternal blossoms".
    Would have saved me and hopefully many others wasting the best part of half an hour.
    Thanks.

I had the exact same problem, till I saw someone come down the rope and found it. Was a pain and wasted some time looking for it. needs a better description of what to look for. I was looking for a rope on the wall or in a tree near coordinates. Liking the new guide but that one part was a problem.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion. We will try to get these coords closer to the actual rope. That is also a good suggestion updating the message. You should see these changes in the next build.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one having the issue. Started thinking I was being an idiot after managing to traverse the whole insect army
        Good to see action on it too
        At least I found it and got to level 90 last night.

Comment

This should be improved as of the latest update.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

One more thing about this part is that once you get up there it does not tell to how to get down (I just jumped off after looking for a bit for a way down). May want to add a clue for that also.

Comment

Damn, couldn't find the rope so got myself out of there. Time to head back and do the long walk...
              talkGEEK at www.talkgeek.net

Comment

Just found out after doing it that I could have just walked through the gate I unlocked in a previous quest (Kun-Lai Summit).

Comment

Is that an Eve avatar?
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Is that an Eve avatar?
                    I do apologise, I don't have a WOW one on my drive yet

Comment

No apology needed. Been so long since I played Eve I just wanted to make sure my brain wasn't telling me something wrong.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by lehonea View Post
                        One more thing about this part is that once you get up there it does not tell to how to get down (I just jumped off after looking for a bit for a way down). May want to add a clue for that also.
                        I'm pretty sure it actually tells you to use the rope. Though the instruction may be on the arrow, and not in the guide.
                        I know I used the rope to get back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal View Post
                          Just found out after doing it that I could have just walked through the gate I unlocked in a previous quest (Kun-Lai Summit).
                          I managed to skip that part of the levelling for some reason. Shame, as it was a nice event when I went back and did it.

Comment

Working...
                          X