• Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear!

Hey i just brought the guide and i am wondering why

its telling me to replace lower stat gear

.. so i accept and my hit rating that was 7.50%
    dropped down to 1.25%

I am new to this so i might not be exactly clued up with what its actually try to help me with

I am also curious as to why this is happening. It happens to me as well.

Comment

We are working on tweaking the gear suggestions. There could be many reasons why it suggested this but I do know that currently we rank Mastery as more important that Hit.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The Gear Engine right now is intended primarily for 1-90 leveling use, combined with the Quest Reward Advisor, allowing you to quickly select rewards and auto equip them. We're developing further functionality that will allow deeper customization of the stat weight system so it can be used for end game gear.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I'll try to provide more specific examples in the future, but sometimes the guide will suggest gear that is simply not an upgrade in any way. My wife was playing the other day and asks me "Why is Zygor asking me to replace this item with this other one?" I look at it and I can only say that I have no clue and to decline it. It's constantly making strange suggestions to my 85 and it keeps asking to do the same ones I've already declined. For the most part it is great, but if I have to double check every single suggestion from the gear guide, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Oh, and is there any way to make it so when I mouse over the item link in the gear swap replacement dialog it shows the gear comparison stats I get when mousing over a quest item/hold shift on something in my inventory?

Comment

You should still be able to hold shift and hover over the items for comparisons.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I'm having this same issue. Might I suggest that you guys check out Noxxic's stat priorities to help with the choices?

Comment

Originally posted by zeimos View Post
                I'm having this same issue. Might I suggest that you guys check out Noxxic's stat priorities to help with the choices?
                please check this out =]

;/ im starting to think i have wasted my money

Comment

I would suggest Noxxic also as they are cutting edge on all things class related.

As a combat rogue my stat priorities are Agility > Expertise (7.5%) > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Mastery > Crit and some of the suggestions are off.

If you bring that into the game via Zygor and save people the tab out interruption and we have high fives all around !

Comment

Hells yeah!

Noxxic! Bring that data in. I have been feeling like I have wasted my money ever since paying for the gear guide. I get suggestions like this...
                    WoWScrnShot_101512_014513.jpg

Seriously? Strength/Dodge on an ELEMENTAL SHAMAN? This is just one of the many DUMB suggestions I have received across multiple characters/specs.

Comment

And as for the gear guide...

SEVEN slots say "No Upgrade Found" WTF?! Seriously? Come on. Two of the slots it wants to fill with Cata gear. I understand this is an addon for an expansion that was just released. But if I am Beta testing it, I shouldn't be paying for it.

Comment

You did not pay for the Gear Finder or Gear Suggestion portion of the addon. That is freely available to everyone. What you paid for were the guides for the dungeons and a listing of what gear drops in what dungeons that the Gear Finder will use to find you better equipment.

The problem you are seeing is from the itemization not being correctly determined, which we are working on.

Comment

Originally posted by awhit003 View Post
                          Seriously? Strength/Dodge on an ELEMENTAL SHAMAN? This is just one of the many DUMB suggestions I have received across multiple characters/specs.
                          I apologize for that suggestion, that is flat out terrible. While testing this system I never saw anything suggest incorrect stats like that. I think it has to do with something getting screwed up with the ring slots though. Due to there being two slots for rings they are handled a little differently than the majority of slots, and in this case something bizarre is happening.

I am actively reworking this system which should improve it's performance greatly. It should not be too much longer on the rework, and initial testing on it is going well so look forward to that in the near future.

Comment

I was wondering if there is a way to gear gear suggestion for just crafted gear, for just the casual player who not a hardcore dungeon or raider.

Comment

Currently the Gear Finder only works with the dungeon gear drops. Crafted gear might be included at a later time.

Comment

Working...
                              X