Gear Upgrader strange choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Upgrader strange choice

I am leveling an Arms Warrior. I have selected Arms as spec in the guide in case it matters.

The new gear upgrade advisor want to replace my current weapon Rage Reaver:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29908

with this quest reward, Rod of the Unyielding:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29109

This seems to be a downgrade to me, the dps is almost half of what I got.

The item value calculations for items needs more tweaking. I would suggest either disabling the auto-equip or set it to prompt you before replacing anything. This can be done in the Extras section of the guide options.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I am assuming it uses "scale"-values similar to the Pawn addon. How about exposing these values so we can tweak them to our liking? Or perhaps make it possible to import Pawn scales? (these are found all over the web)

Comment

An easy way to change these values is something that we plan to add in the future.

As for why it is suggesting the staff over the 2h is not obvious to by looking at the stats. Because based on our values, the axe should get suggested.

Does the system seem to be working for other items? If you unequip both weapons, and hit the "Clear All Upgrades" button in Extra Features, which weapon does it suggest?

Comment

I can test in a moment. Actually it did suggest an intellect ring so I suppose it has somehow messed up my class and thinks I am one of the intellect classes.

edit: tested now. No, it still want to equip the intellect staff. Apparently it seems it thinks I am an intellect class.

Comment

I've also experienced some weird suggestions gear-wise as I've pointed out in This thread.

Comment

I'm getting all types of wrong suggestions with it. It doesn't even work at all as far as I'm concerned. Armor wise it selects ONLY the items that have the highest Armor value. It gets pretty annoying when you are a healer and it selects a piece of gear because it has more Armor but like Agility on it and the piece it replaces has the correct stats on it.

I don't even use it at all because it makes wrong choices pretty much 98% of the time.

Comment

The feature is primarily intended for leveling 1-90 and auto-equipping gear you get from quest rewards. It's a companion to the leveling guide. Due to the complexity of player choice, this feature is not recommended for non-leveling purposes yet. We have new additions in the work that will allow for increased freedom of choice and customization of the stat weights.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by herguy View Post
                  I'm getting all types of wrong suggestions with it. It doesn't even work at all as far as I'm concerned. Armor wise it selects ONLY the items that have the highest Armor value. It gets pretty annoying when you are a healer and it selects a piece of gear because it has more Armor but like Agility on it and the piece it replaces has the correct stats on it.

I don't even use it at all because it makes wrong choices pretty much 98% of the time.
                  Hi. I just needed to say that it doesn't always select only the armor with higest Armor value. Yesterday, on my low-level (19-20) new Pandaren Mage (who wears only Cloth Armor, and needs high defense), Zygor suggested that I swap to a different armor. The armor it suggested had approx 100 points less defense, and offered only +1 'crit hit'. It also wiped the +2 to Intellect +2 to Stamina I had on my existing armor. And, that wasn't the only time it offered something that made no sense to me.

The one thing which really stands out in my mind is that it keeps telling me that it wants to use an "off-hand" frill of a bunch of Begonia flowers! It has asked me that repeatedly, whenever I (myself) have chosen a new, different 2-handed weapon. Zygor doesn't understand that if I'm equipped with a 2-handed weapon, I therefore cannot carry anything in the "off-hand" slot. Battling enemies in melee range with ONLY a handful of flowers doesn't make sense to me! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                    Zygor doesn't understand that if I'm equipped with a 2-handed weapon, I therefore cannot carry anything in the "off-hand" slot. Battling enemies in melee range with ONLY a handful of flowers doesn't make sense to me! LOL
                    It might be fun to watch though

As far as it suggesting using a offhand with a 2-hander equipped, this is something that should work, but could act oddly in some cases because of the way Blizzard handles weapons. We have a improved system for this as well as a few other fixes for the Auto Equip System in mind that we are working on and will get out to you guys as soon as it is done.

Until we get this update for you guys, if you turn on confirmation for the gear system, you should be able to hit the decline button and then it won't ever suggest that item as an upgrade again.

Comment

Lol.

Is there any possibility to add an optional 'ignore' rule for heirloom gear?

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                        . Battling enemies in melee range with ONLY a handful of flowers doesn't make sense to me! LOL
                        Actually that works if you can find the enemies with severe seasonal allergies... considering that it just suggested I swap gloves with intellect haste and stamina from gloves with agility tells me it is not working. I know haste can be a useful hunter stat but it is far below agility on the scale.

Comment

Not sure if it's known or a new bug BUT

While leveling my monk (tank/dps builds) I keep winning greed rolls for in dungeons for decent +INT gear with maybe hit or crit on them and the guide suggest I change out gear with Agility on them.

Now on acouple instance the ring was about 30 levels too old and I understood it...however I've seen it suggest the INT ring reward over an Agility ring reward for dungeon quests.

Now I realize the Mist Monks use Int, but I'm not sure that should matter as I've never spec'd Mist.

Comment

Originally posted by jayinjersey View Post
                            Not sure if it's known or a new bug BUT

While leveling my monk (tank/dps builds) I keep winning greed rolls for in dungeons for decent +INT gear with maybe hit or crit on them and the guide suggest I change out gear with Agility on them.

Now on acouple instance the ring was about 30 levels too old and I understood it...however I've seen it suggest the INT ring reward over an Agility ring reward for dungeon quests.

Now I realize the Mist Monks use Int, but I'm not sure that should matter as I've never spec'd Mist.
                            What appears to be happening is this:
                            Your gear with the agility is being heavily outweighed by the Hit/Crit/Stamina of the other rings. The Int is actually being ignored for your spec so these lower stats are just overpowering your agility.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by silgo76 View Post
                              Actually that works if you can find the enemies with severe seasonal allergies...
                              Hilarious! And, you probably hit the nail on the head. I have never been able to stand the sniffling, snotty, runny-nosed sounds of the disgusting Worgens. Now, I know how to drive them out of town! I can once again enjoy the AH, Bank, etc. without having to [CNTRL-S]. I'll just whack 'em 5 times in the snout with my dusty 'handful of Begonia's', and they hobble far away!

Comment

Working...
                              X