After update problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update problems

The zygor button is now just a green blob and doesnt seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem

Comment

This should fix itself when MoP goes live tonight.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No worries then !, It like new-years eve

Comment

Yea mine says the addon is out of date and when i force it i get tons of .lua errors.

Hopefully like Cabby says it resolves itself when MoP launches.

Comment

Zygor --- I know you've had a lot of people angry that they couldn't actually purchase the guide due to the "continue" button not working under the pricing tab once you enter in all your info. My personal experience was that I could only get it to work by downgrading my browser to IE8 (by uninstalling the IE9 addon) and using the older browser. I tried every other browser available and only IE8 worked for me.

Also, I'm getting the same results from both the manual download of the .zip file and the automatic updater. It shows as an out-of-date addon, still titled as "Zygor Guides Viewer 3" (shouldn't this be 4?) and has zero functionality in-game besides the green blob button and a gold/silver/copper counter for grey items in my bag.

Finally, the automatic updater doesn't read my update as installed. After actually in stalling the guide it still shows me as having no current version even though it is quite clearly installed by looking at the addons folder.

I know a lot of us are relying on this guide to work tonight in order to power level to 90 for a myriad of reasons, so please let us know up front if it's broken or not working as intended. I need to know if I should find a backup plan. If you say everything is on the up-and-up, then I'm fine. Obviously this "wait until the servers get less busy" isn't going to work at all. Because after tonight, I'm not really going to care for a guide, I'm just using this to get a leg up tonight only. If you can't get it together tonight, then let us know!

Comment

If something HAS broke, I think we would all be okay with you taking this release off of the servers and give us the latest Stable version until this gets resolved.

Comment

im a bit bummed about it, just bought it, with a hour til launch and it seems it wont work, cabby says the green "blob" with go normal when MoP launches but blizzard have said you wont need to log out or anything when it launches it will just activate, so no prior update.... so how will it magically work?
                "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
                Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

Please release stable version as said. Donīt screw now please...

Bump

Please release stable version and solve the issue on your test machines, thanks in advance!

Originally posted by sarg338 View Post
                  If something HAS broke, I think we would all be okay with you taking this release off of the servers and give us the latest Stable version until this gets resolved.

Comment

The guide is coded for MoP. When all of the MoP files have been downloaded to your machine and the expansion goes live this should solve guide problems not caused by addon conflicts.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBissto View Post
                      im a bit bummed about it, just bought it, with a hour til launch and it seems it wont work, cabby says the green "blob" with go normal when MoP launches but blizzard have said you wont need to log out or anything when it launches it will just activate, so no prior update.... so how will it magically work?
                      Download "Addon Control Panel". It allows you to disable and enable addons in the game without logging out. Most of them will require an additional /reload ui, but you won't have to log out. Make sure with this particular gem that you have enabled out-of-date addons before entering the game on your character of choice or it will not allow you to enable it in the addon control panel. Hope that helps you.

Comment

Still trying to Update since 1 P.M. Est U.S.

I'm seriously contemplating waiting till tomorrow to update cause I've been trying to update my guide since it went live and it hasn't happened yet. I'm either getting a no connection to the site error or another error with a lot of long code both which I have informed them about. I too have gotten a message back about servers are overloaded. Seriously I wish they could have staggered this launch so this wouldn't happen or had made sure their service provider understood how huge this would be so they could help keep the overload from happening. Not sure whats going on cause I've never had such a major issue with updating before. It could be because of this massive revamping. Either way I hoped to have this when MOP went live tonight. Hopefully everyone can learn from this and try and improve getting this handled better.

>^,,^<

Comment

well MoP out and Zygors broken :/ feel like ive wasted my money!
                          "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
                          Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

cant even download it at all, any version

Comment

Says updating to 4.0.5050 but dosnt seem to move.

Comment

Working...
                              X