When the guides become live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the guides become live

I think i understand how the guide is going to go live. Could some just tell me if this is correct.

Sometime tomorrow the updater will have a new download which will have the MoP leveling guides in it. We download that, log into game select the Jade forest, then the guide will be telling us to speak to the first quest giver before midnight. Once midnight hits we can hand in the first quest and off we go.

Or will it be wait til midnight then relog to get the guide working?

We will bring the new guides live at some point tomorrow (September 24th), but I must warn you. The new guides were built specifically to run on MoP, and since the game won't be fully transitioned over to MoP yet, the guide may be buggy until the game itself switches over to being MoP.

So, if you're going to be using the guides all the way up until when MoP releases, I would recommend waiting to update your guides until the new game goes live. That would be the most smooth transition. If you're not worried about using the guide much until the new game releases, you could update whenever you wanted to.

Hope that helps.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So we will need to log off ... Just hope not to get stuck on the login screen.

Comment

He is saying the guide will not work right after zygors update but before MoP goes live.

So if you want to use the guide before MoP goes live don't update til after midnight. If you are using the guide to level in MoP just install and wait til midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by noow View Post
          So we will need to log off ... Just hope not to get stuck on the login screen.
          When updating any addon, including ZG, you need to completely close the game client as WoW can't detect new files while it is open (Some kind of security feature I think)

Comment

Yes a full relog of the game will be needed, but that won't be a problem as zygor will have the guide out a fair few hours before midnight so it can be done then, before the log in servers go into melt down.

Comment

If you already have the addon installed a /reload is sufficient.
              I often mess around with the guide files when creating and testing my custom guides and never needed to completely log off.
              So from the guide viewer's side there shouldn't be a problem, if the 4.0 guide works hours before Pandaria goes live without errors all depends on how Blizzard unlocks the MoP content.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                If you already have the addon installed a /reload is sufficient.
                That's only true if there are no new files in the addon. If there are, you'll need to close the client and restart it.

Comment

Yeah Cartman, since it will be a completely new guide viewer the exit and re-log in will be needed.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Basically if your not going to play WoW at all from the time the guide update is released to MOP's lauch then go ahead and update. But if you want to play WoW until MOP's release then don't update. As for what Blizzards doing for MOP release:
                    The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region, we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?
                    A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
                    Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
                    Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
                    Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
                    Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.
                    We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

We’ll see you on Pandaria!

So, can i log out at 11:55pm (PDT of course) and sit at the character creation screen for 5 minutes for the Monk icon to "light up" and gets to creating right at 12:00? or will I need to log completely first?
                    Yes, if you sit at the login screen the buttons will become enabled in real time. You shouldn't need to logout of your account.

What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha
                    Yes. You'll have somewhat of a "soft cap" on quests. So if you're Quest Log is full at midnight, visiting Varian or Garrosh will still allow you to embark on the quest to Pandaria (though, before you do I'd suggested turning in all those dailies).

In other words, you won't miss receiving the quest if you have 25.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                      Basically if your not going to play WoW at all from the time the guide update is released to MOP's lauch then go ahead and update. But if you want to play WoW until MOP's release then don't update. As for what Blizzards doing for MOP release:
                      How about this? I update the guide a couple of hours before MoP release, then log on and wait for MoP opening quest to appear in log, as Blizzard says it will. I don't need to call up the guide window until MoP, if that's the problem.

Waiting until MoP launches to update the guide will cause all kinds of WoW login difficulties, I would anticipate.

Comment

Yes, you can do it that way. Zygor's post was just more of a warning that if you update the guides there may be some odd behavior when trying to use them before MoP is actually live.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm sure the answer to this will be yes (or I'm hoping anyway!) will the 4.0 MoP guide be ready for me to use for the European launch as I live in England? 9 and a half hours to go, oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sassyuk View Post
                            I'm sure the answer to this will be yes (or I'm hoping anyway!) will the 4.0 MoP guide be ready for me to use for the European launch as I live in England? 9 and a half hours to go, oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!
                            /jealous. We still have 18 hours until MoP launches.

Comment

Most likely the new addon should work on the current live pre-MoP servers right away, as it currently does on our development machines. Most likely the issue will be switching everyone over from 3.0 to 4.0, which is a major update. There might be some snags there that require a clean install to work, but rest assured our entire team will be on hand working out any issues that spring up.
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                              X