No announcement yet.

Zygor Guides 4.0 - Traveling Guide questions and also the Guide's requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides 4.0 - Traveling Guide questions and also the Guide's requirements

Sorry, but I haven't read much about the new 4.0 Guide. So far, I have not planned on upgrading to MoP. These following questions resulted after I watched the Traveling Guide video just a few minutes ago. I didn't know the answers, so......

* Will the Zygor 4.0 Guide(s) require the MoP upgrade?

* Can individual Guides (within it) be purchased separately, or are all the Guides lumped into one purchase-package?

* Does the new Traveling Guide recognize and utilize any/all of Blizzard's built-in Portals? For instance, if a user wants to travel a long distance (without having to use a FlightMaster or their own Flying Mount for the entire trip), will the guide first suggest flying to the closest Portal to speed-up getting to a location nearer to the desired final location, and then continue guiding the user the rest of the way (by other means) to the desired final location?

* Also, can the Waypoint Arrow and/or the Guide Viewer be located anywhere dynamically to a user's desired position on the display interface? And, can the size(s) be reduced/enlarge by changing a scale factor?

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
    * Will the Zygor 4.0 Guide(s) require the MoP upgrade?
    No. Zygor Guides 4.0 is a free update for all customers, regardless of whether they upgrade or not. We do recommend that you upgrade in order to get the maximum benefit from it, but all the features will be available to you even if you don't.

* Can individual Guides (within it) be purchased separately, or are all the Guides lumped into one purchase-package?
    We have quite a few purchase options. If you are buying a guide type for the first time, the MoP content is included with the purchase. If you already own a guide type up to Cataclysm, you can upgrade that guide to the expanded MoP content. There are options to buy or upgrade guides for specific factions, or in Alliance and Horde bundles.

* Does the new Traveling Guide recognize and utilize any/all of Blizzard's built-in Portals? For instance, if a user wants to travel a long distance (without having to use a FlightMaster or their own Flying Mount for the entire trip), will the guide first suggest flying to the closest Portal to speed-up getting to a location nearer to the desired final location, and then continue guiding the user the rest of the way (by other means) to the desired final location?
    The Travel System has 2 modes of operation.

Comfortable Mode - This prefers things like taxis as opposed to directly flying to the location for people who prefer a more handsfree form of travel.

Advanced Mode - This will always give you the mathematically fastest route, but sometimes the directions may seem bizarre, like using combinations of portals to quickly jump across zones, and of course, using your high speed mounts.

Both modes will include complete directions, updating every step of the way until you arrive at your destination.

* Also, can the Waypoint Arrow and/or the Guide Viewer be located anywhere dynamically to a user's desired position on the display interface? And, can the size(s) be reduced/enlarge by changing a scale factor?
    The Guide Viewer and Waypoint arrow is fully customizable with dozens of preferences such as size of elements, transparency, and different skins you can use. The waypoint arrow can be moved anywhere you like.

I hope this answered all your questions
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Yes, your reply did answer all the questions I asked. Thank you!

The reason I asked about the Waypoint Arrow (and its positioning) is because I remember that in the video you offered, it mentioned "choosing left lower corner," "...right lower corner," etc. If it did mention dynamic positioning, I guess I missed that part.

Thanks again for replying so quickly and completely!

Comment

The positioning just sets where the guide appears by default, since in the past it would just show up randomly in the middle of the screen. Once it appears you can drag it around wherever you like.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
        X