mop xp requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mop xp requirements

As you Know the xp requirement from mop Beta to live has gone up over 50% for leveling from 85 - 90, has the leveling path made by zygor taken this into account as the guide was made in beta with the faster leveling. In short is the guide turned to the right xp gain and xp requirement per level on Live.

This shouldn't be a problem as the leveling guide will most likely cover every quest in each zone (except group quests if there are any). This has been the case in WotLK and Cataclysm and because of the loremaster title I assume the same for the MoP leveling guides.
    And all quests in one zone should grant enough XP to continue with the next zone. So don't worry about that, Blizzard already reduced the amount of XP to level a bit, this is just fine tuning so people will need to do most quests and won't hit level 90 too fast.

Comment

If that's the case, will the guide be instructing us of the optimal route or just how to clear each zone 100% alone, starting from the lowest level proceeding to the highest. As I will be leveling with a partner, we were dubious about the cataclysm guide sending us back to vashj'ir as we could easily overpower deepholm together. I understand the guide is designed for solo leveling, so my question is, would it be best to follow the guide or move the guide forward to the higher level zones?

Comment

It will be like our current guides where it will monitor your XP and when you're ready to move on to the next guide it will prompt you to do so.

If you plan on teaming up with a friend to run thru the content it doesn't hurt to try the next higher guide to see if you can do the stuff. If you can then keep using it, if you can't then back up one guide and you should be fine.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The Hyjal and Vashj'ir guides have been reassigned some time ago so you only choose one the two zones and move on to Deepholm.
          With Deepholm some people had problems going from Hyjal there because of some level requirements but since the release of Cataclysm Blizzard lowered the amount of XP needed to level.
          The same happened to the WotLK zones, the Fjord and the Tundra, in the beginning the guide lead you through both zones, now you choose one of them and move to Dragonblight afterwards.

In Pandaria there's only one starting zone so all zones are directly tied together. As Cabby said, if you outlevel a zone the guide will tell you to move on to the next one.

Comment

just a couple more questions if i may. I liked the clever use of the Hearthstone in the cata guide, will you do using the hearth the same way again? Also without flying mounts, have you put in the guide if to use flight paths or just ride?

Also i have been told there are some long RP quests(NPCs talking crap for a long time) that can be skipped without breaking the leveling path will the guide skip these? as they are not optimal for leveling.

Comment

I'll leave most of these answers for Zygor Admin as I'm not one who works on the guide creation.

I'm sure we'll continue to use the hearthstone just like our previous guides, and normally we route people based on them not having a flying mount that way if someone is using the guides that doesn't have a flying mount then they'll be able to get around. We currently have an option in the guide viewer that you can set it to skip flight steps if you have a flying mount that way you can just travel on your own if you want following the arrow.

Comment

You can use flying mounts in the Pandaria zones at level 90 so I assume everything will be made for ground mounts.
                But I think the guide does not use flight points when you have at least 260% flying and the destination is pretty near. This is an automatic feature of flight steps.

The other things can only be answered by someone of the Zygor team.

Comment

Oh just another question while we wait for a zygor team member to answer the other question. Guessing the answer will be yes but will the mop guide have auto quest pick up and hand in when you speak to a quest NPC.

Comment

Auto accept and turnin is something that is already in the guide (see extra features in the guide options) and will continue to work in MoP. And it seems to have been improved within the last guide versions, if you need to accept more than one quest you don't need to click the NPC several times.

Comment

I got another question, may as well put it here as its XP related again. You said zygor "will monitor your XP and when you're ready to move on to the next guide it will prompt you to do so." Does the guide know that Townlong Steppes doesn't have enough XP to get from 88- 89 and Dreadwaste doesn't have enough to get you from 89 - 90. If i get to 86 in Jade and the guide gives the prompt to go to valley, then leave valley at 87, then leave kun-lai at 88, i'll hit a brick wall in terms of i will run out of quests at about 80% of the way to 89. Then have to grind til 89. Then the same thing will happen in Dreadwaste i will run out of quests before 90. Does the guide take this into account when telling you to move to a new zone?

Comment

It should. Each guide we know what you should be able to get in XP for that whole guide and we can then set the 'starting XP' for that guide to match what would be needed for leveling.

As an example (this is all completely random numbers), say the Dreadwaste guide will get you only 95% of a level. We can then set the 'starting level' for that guide at 90 + 1 bar which would be level 90 and 5% into that level. If we do that then the Townlong Steppes guide would not suggest going there until you got to 90 + 1 bar, and this can all be worked backwards down the guides to make it go smoothly.

Comment

wow fast reply, with the answer i wanted so if i leave each zone as the guide tells me and not when i hit the min level to move into a new area, i shouldn't have to back track to hit 90.

Comment

Yes, in theory we can setup all the guides like that. I'm not positive on how the new guides have been setup as I do support and not the guide creation, but the guys working on making the guides for MoP can easily set it up so like that.

If you want to play it safe you can always just ignore it when the guide suggests moving to the next zone and complete each zone guide and this should be a guaranteed way to hit 90 without worrying about grinding.

Comment

Another question again, sorry :P

I've been playing the beta and have been trying to determine values I need to be over on experience to not be required to backtrack during townlong and instead rotate back to Karasang Wilds after Dread Wastes. The question I would like to know to help me plan is, how does the guide handle Valley of The Four winds and Krasarang. I see potentional for adventures into Krasarang, during the main Valley of the Four Winds questline, but this would make returning to find the final experience missing from the last two zones more difficult. Are they seperate zones, or will you be sent into Krasarang whilst in the middle of Valley of The Four winds?

Hopefully they adjust the xp values of the final two zones so they have enough experience to cover the levels they state. But better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X