Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mop xp requirements

As you Know the xp requirement from mop Beta to live has gone up over 50% for leveling from 85 - 90, has the leveling path made by zygor taken this into account as the guide was made in beta with the faster leveling. In short is the guide turned to the right xp gain and xp requirement per level on Live.

This shouldn't be a problem as the leveling guide will most likely cover every quest in each zone (except group quests if there are any). This has been the case in WotLK and Cataclysm and because of the loremaster title I assume the same for the MoP leveling guides.
    And all quests in one zone should grant enough XP to continue with the next zone. So don't worry about that, Blizzard already reduced the amount of XP to level a bit, this is just fine tuning so people will need to do most quests and won't hit level 90 too fast.

If that's the case, will the guide be instructing us of the optimal route or just how to clear each zone 100% alone, starting from the lowest level proceeding to the highest. As I will be leveling with a partner, we were dubious about the cataclysm guide sending us back to vashj'ir as we could easily overpower deepholm together. I understand the guide is designed for solo leveling, so my question is, would it be best to follow the guide or move the guide forward to the higher level zones?

It will be like our current guides where it will monitor your XP and when you're ready to move on to the next guide it will prompt you to do so.

If you plan on teaming up with a friend to run thru the content it doesn't hurt to try the next higher guide to see if you can do the stuff. If you can then keep using it, if you can't then back up one guide and you should be fine.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

The Hyjal and Vashj'ir guides have been reassigned some time ago so you only choose one the two zones and move on to Deepholm.
    With Deepholm some people had problems going from Hyjal there because of some level requirements but since the release of Cataclysm Blizzard lowered the amount of XP needed to level.
    The same happened to the WotLK zones, the Fjord and the Tundra, in the beginning the guide lead you through both zones, now you choose one of them and move to Dragonblight afterwards.

In Pandaria there's only one starting zone so all zones are directly tied together. As Cabby said, if you outlevel a zone the guide will tell you to move on to the next one.

just a couple more questions if i may. I liked the clever use of the Hearthstone in the cata guide, will you do using the hearth the same way again? Also without flying mounts, have you put in the guide if to use flight paths or just ride?

Also i have been told there are some long RP quests(NPCs talking crap for a long time) that can be skipped without breaking the leveling path will the guide skip these? as they are not optimal for leveling.

I'll leave most of these answers for Zygor Admin as I'm not one who works on the guide creation.

I'm sure we'll continue to use the hearthstone just like our previous guides, and normally we route people based on them not having a flying mount that way if someone is using the guides that doesn't have a flying mount then they'll be able to get around. We currently have an option in the guide viewer that you can set it to skip flight steps if you have a flying mount that way you can just travel on your own if you want following the arrow.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

You can use flying mounts in the Pandaria zones at level 90 so I assume everything will be made for ground mounts.
    But I think the guide does not use flight points when you have at least 260% flying and the destination is pretty near. This is an automatic feature of flight steps.

The other things can only be answered by someone of the Zygor team.

Oh just another question while we wait for a zygor team member to answer the other question. Guessing the answer will be yes but will the mop guide have auto quest pick up and hand in when you speak to a quest NPC.

Auto accept and turnin is something that is already in the guide (see extra features in the guide options) and will continue to work in MoP. And it seems to have been improved within the last guide versions, if you need to accept more than one quest you don't need to click the NPC several times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast