In game file size.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In game file size.....

I was wondering.....with this new update...while using the guide in game it is now at least using 17mb during the game.....has been up to as much as 27mb....and thats just the Zygor Guides while lvling.....not using it for professions or something else.....so is there something that can be done to fix that because prior to this update it would only ask for 11-13 mb while lvling.

We are always trying to keep our addon optimized and free of leaks but even at 27mb our memory usage is very low. The addon should not be affecting your game performance at all.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Part of the added increase in memory size might be because now the Talent Advisor and the Guide Viewer are one combined addon. In the past the Talent Advisor was separate.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

/\ That's definitely part of it. The full Zygor Guides 4.0 will also be bigger as well because it has 10 brand new features built into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          because it has 10 brand new features built into it.
          Tell me more, tell me more

Comment

well it looks like i will have to say goodbye to zygor.....another addon being using....that of which is a UI....helps the file size go up beyond 35mb and id rather have the option to disable things that come with the guide....instead of it being built into it and wasting space. Thanks for the service.

Comment

Originally posted by camer2002 View Post
              well it looks like i will have to say goodbye to zygor.....another addon being using....that of which is a UI....helps the file size go up beyond 35mb and id rather have the option to disable things that come with the guide....instead of it being built into it and wasting space. Thanks for the service.
              All of our features do have the option to be disabled, and like was said, the total memory usage is so small it will not affect your performance.

Comment

To all those concerned with the memory usage: it (almost) never affects game performance. If an addon started using 200MB, now THAT could be an issue, but we're very far from that.

It's the CPU load that might affect your framerates, but the Zygor addon doesn't use much CPU power at all.

It remains a mystery, why Blizzard chose to show memory usage when it plays such a minor role nowadays. It did make sense in vanilla days, when there was even an upper memory limit for addons, but it's been ages since that got removed.

Comment

Working...
                X